IUC Exclusive: Trailer for New Film; Brad and Sienna; Bobby Vans On The Park

Posted on June 29th, 2017 by HisHighness in IUC:Bits, IUC:Entertainment

- Here’s the trailer for my new film about Hollywood, Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters and contemporary antisemitism. Look forward to your thoughts. Youtube

- Brad and Sienna? Looks like they’re for real. Daily Telegraph

- IUC Restaurant of the Month: Hands down, Bobby Vans’ Central Park South location in NYC is above and beyond every other steakhouse in Manhattan. Amazing service combined with the finest cut steaks anywhere, Bobby Vans is a culinary gem. This location is amazing because you can eat outside on the terrace and enjoy NYC people watching until your heart is content. The salad, seafood appetizer and desert were all top notch. No detail was spared at this incredible eatery on the park. A must stop for anyone seeking an affordable and amazing dining experience.
exterior-1

1. Up the Coast said on July 10th, 2017 at 10:11 pm

The silence is deafening here. Ian…you say your new film is about HW? I thought Roger Waters lived in the Hamptons. I agree with you, that it seems there has been a huge flux of anti-Semitism in the last 7-8 yrs. I think it has a lot to do with Obama…(but that’s just my opinion). Lines have been drawn, and people have had to choose a side. I have to side with Israel. You should interview Thom Yorke, he seems to have a strong opinion about this. Good Luck.

2. Greg Bacon said on July 11th, 2017 at 7:26 am

Mr. Waters is a damn good musician and an anti-war, pro-peace gentleman, so if you’re trying to slime him, then you and Israel must be for wars and hate peace, a mirror of the brutal, sadistic and illegal Israeli operation of Palestine.

3. Patty Anne said on July 11th, 2017 at 2:55 pm

@Up the Coast:
    Hello UTC. I agree totally w/ your comment. I too side with Israel.

It’s refreshing to be able to discuss things other than the late Brangelina, which we all knew couldn’t last beyond the paps attention to them. The world is crazy today with everyone being influenced to be part of a group and share their vitriolic spewings. Hopefully those stirring up the B.S. will ultimately fail in their rhetoric.

We’ve been keeping an eye on all news about the insane dictator of North Korea, Kim Jung-um. Over fifty years dealing w/ this insanity, and it’s still ongoing. Dangerous times these days though. He now has an ICBM loaded on Chinese launchers, with Chinese tubes to carry them.

4. Up the Coast said on July 12th, 2017 at 2:59 pm

@Patty Anne:
    I am surprised that Brangelina held on as long as they did. I don’t even want to know wth is going on under those shrouds joLIE wears…~shudder~
    Did you see the pics of Affleck and his gf? The only thing holding those two together, imo, was the thrill of the ‘affair’. Now that it’s in the open…he will bore of it. He has a smile on his face…but he looks like he11.

I’m tired of the negativity…but I “feel” like there is a shift coming :) Conservatism is the new counter-culture. <3

5. Patty Anne said on July 12th, 2017 at 8:09 pm

@Up the Coast:
    Interesting how culture reverses itself over and over. I’m looking fwd to it happening again, as I’m sick to death of this atmosphere of stupidity and entitlement.

I always felt Brangelina wouldn’t last, and felt it was created by all three for: fame beyond their separate abilities; wealth they’d never amass otherwise, and freedom to do what projects they wanted , when they wanted to do them. It simply took longer than I felt it should have to reach that point.

6. ahad ha'amoratsim said on July 14th, 2017 at 4:52 pm

The trailer is great, and a lot of the comments to the trailer are a reminder that many of the same people who want Jews out of ‘Palestine’ don’t want them to be anywhere else, either. Their objection is not to the proper borders of the Jewish state, or even the existence of a Jewish state, but to the existence of Jews.

7. Keane said on July 26th, 2017 at 3:28 pm

Another day, another convenient illness for Angelina. Today’s issues: hypertension and bells palsy. Oh and the preventative mastectomy has now been upgraded to an actual cancer scare – albeit a brief one. I always said that once she’d done the cancer story there would be nowhere else to go PR-wise – I mean how do you trump that? Oh and apparently these days she is actually making good on her promise to “stay at home and become a grandma” (wonders will never cease!). It’s not entirely clear whether this was a decision of her own making or not though…

8. LG said on July 26th, 2017 at 9:17 pm

@Keane:
    I think the lines that made me chuckle the most were how she was
    becoming a “better homemaker”, “picking up dog poop, cleaning
    dishes, reading bedtime stories.” Clearly the real meaning behind
    those few innocent sentences was that being a normal average
    mum was something she never had to do before so all these
    homemaking skills are new to her.

9. Keane said on July 30th, 2017 at 2:08 pm

Such bad press for Angelina – think this is Brad getting his own back:

Lol

10. Keane said on August 6th, 2017 at 3:14 pm

So Angelina is being proved to be a liar finally – after all this time! Not such a master of spin now is she?

11. LG said on August 9th, 2017 at 10:48 pm

@Keane:
    What’s quite hilarious about Vanity Fair releasing the transcript of the
    interview is that her unedited words were quite unintelligible and what they
    in turn published “tidied up” that incoherence.

12. Keane said on August 26th, 2017 at 4:13 pm

@LG:

Indeed!

13. Keane said on August 26th, 2017 at 4:26 pm

Great article from the New York Post and another one along the same lines in British Grazia (who used to almost exclusively do her PR for her) talking about how she has lost control of her own narrative:

For me Angelina is the living embodiment of the Icarus fable – she flew too high and thought she could be things that were way beyond the scope of her life (be the first female President, lead the UN, become a member of the House of Lords) and she got burnt (eventually). The funny thing for me is that she now has these six children on her hands who she is used to spending $1 million a year on nannies for. Then there are the private tutors, the personal chefs, the security detail and the PA, all of which she cannot live without. I would imagine the political advisers have been let go now but still she has a wage bill of millions of dollars a year for her staff to pay for and not a great deal coming in (which is why she is being increasingly papped near Target and Toys R Us – hey it’s a pay cheque). I think what would be hilarious would be if she genuinely had to look after the six children she acquired, like any other parent does. The reality would be that she couldn’t do it to save her life and would probably send them off to boarding school as preference (the kids begged her to let then go she would say of course, much against her will). So amusing to watch the Angelina bubble finally burst!

14. Keane said on September 2nd, 2017 at 6:20 pm

Well it was obvious she needed the money but does he? Guess he thinks it’s the easiest way to promote his films. Or is this just testing the waters?

15. Up the Coast said on September 2nd, 2017 at 6:52 pm

It was then, just seven weeks ago, that ‘Brangelina’, as the world has come to know Hollywood’s the most famous couple, stood face-to-face for the first time in ten months. ‘Brad took the first step forward,’ says the couple’s biographer Ian Halperin. ‘Then they collapsed into each other’s arms.’

joLIE thinks that her and Brad are the new Liz Taylor and Richard Burton. Seriously??? :lol:

16. Keane said on September 2nd, 2017 at 8:17 pm

Anyway – it was a creative piece at least Ian I’ll give you that!

17. LG said on September 2nd, 2017 at 10:21 pm

@Keane:
    @Up the Coast:
    ?!?!?!?!?!???!!!……Now I’m confused

18. LG said on September 2nd, 2017 at 10:23 pm

Brangelina recoupling! I must have gone to sleep and woken up
    in an alternate universe, one that completely does not make sense.

19. LG said on September 2nd, 2017 at 11:50 pm

I have a theory for Ian’s “rose coloured glass” quoted comments in
    the Daily Mail article.

Whilst undercover as Brad’s “sober chef” he accidently stumbled upon
    a bottle of asprin tablets but unbeknownst to him it was really a bottle of
    some kind of hallucinogenic or ecstacy pills. He takes one because he
    has a throbbing headache, (it’s stessful being undercover), goes home
    and before he can say “pass the bong” , voila, he’s hallucinating that
    Brad and Angelina are back together.

20. Keane said on September 3rd, 2017 at 9:17 am

@LG:

I think this is the only logical explanation for that article… well that and the fact that Ange has a film to promote at the moment. However the last time she did this without him being on board he swiftly denied it through Gossip Cop. Let’s see what he does this time….

21. Keane said on September 3rd, 2017 at 12:34 pm

It’s the “losing control of her narrative” bit that gets me. One minute it’s: “look at Brad – he so evil!”, the next minute it’s: “ok, he’s not so bad really, we’ll always be a family” (sob, sob, look at me eating tarantulas etc). Then: “I am a noble single parent living in reduced circumstances in a home formerly owned by Cecil B Demille”. Oopsie that fell a bit flat, how about: “Brad and I are practically the next Liz Taylor and Richard Burton, we just can’t quit each other!” One of these will work won’t they, won’t they? (Mild panic rising). Hilarious!

22. Keane said on September 3rd, 2017 at 12:46 pm

Ok so this is my take on this: Ange is not booking any jobs any more. She still needs a few million dollars a year to fulfil her basic living requirements. Brad knows that if she can’t pay for it, he will have to, under the terms of their divorce deal. Hence it makes more financial sense for them to stay together for a bit until her image can be successfully rehabilitated. Just an idea!

23. Up the Coast said on September 3rd, 2017 at 4:12 pm

@LG:
    :lol: Your theory is as good as any other. She does have a movie to ‘pimp out’, so there’s that…but it is weird how her narrative always changes with the wind. So how did Ian get on her payroll?

24. Keane said on September 3rd, 2017 at 4:44 pm

Oh no POOR ANGIE!!!

How will she survive with all these trials and tribulations? I mean, going through chemo is nothing in comparison to what Poor Angie is having to live with… :-(

25. Keane said on September 3rd, 2017 at 5:40 pm

Such an accurate comment on TDM website:

Jolie should learn a thing or two from Jennifer Aniston – stay strong, keep it private. Angelina at least doesn’t have an insensitive ex husband and the other woman constantly rubbing it in, being smug about being together . All the baby pictures sold for millions of dollars to proclaim to the world what she did not have . The smug interviews that should have been more sensitive . But then Angelina Jolie is in a worse spot- crazy woman with six kids. Hard for a sane man to even touch her with a ten foot pole. Who knows though- the world is still a mixed population. Good luck Angelina Jolie.

26. Keane said on September 3rd, 2017 at 5:42 pm

Ah well, it worked for a hot minute:

27. Keane said on September 4th, 2017 at 2:53 pm

The martyrdom continues: no-one will let poor Angie be a full-time Director, she is being forced back into taking tens of millions of dollars for prancing about in front of a camera for a couple of months!

POOR ANGIE!

And after taking a full year off work for the selfless task of looking after her own children as well – the shame!

28. Keane said on September 4th, 2017 at 4:21 pm

It’s so funny how she always leads with how much time she has taken off to devote to her children when she hasn’t stopped pushing herself in our faces for months!

29. LG said on September 5th, 2017 at 5:38 am

@Keane:
    @Up the Coast:
    I agree Keane, the martyrdom is just too much and like UTC I believe
    her narrative is all over the place. But what confuses me more is
    Ian’s participation in the latest narrative.

Only a year ago he was saying the marriage was a fraud and now he’s
    got the inside scoop on a possible reconciliation.

I can see Brad perhaps swallowing some pride in order to help build a
    positive perception of her so that she is not dependent on him financially.
    But Ian being quoted about a tearful meeting between the two of them,
    spiritual counselling for her, Brad will be a better parent blah blah, no
    more travelling around the globe and finally how Hollywood loves a
    happy ending seems really odd coming out of his mouth.

30. Keane said on September 5th, 2017 at 8:31 am

@LG:

I agree with you LG – perhaps Ian can enlighten us!

31. Up the Coast said on September 5th, 2017 at 7:51 pm

joLIE wants to plant the seed that she is the ‘new’ Liz Taylor becuz she wants to play Cleopatra (again). She’s a broken record…and a spoiled brat who doesn’t want to take ‘no’ for an answer. She’s got to start scrounging up her next gig. I wonder, when will she start sending the kids out on jobs? :lol: She will make a hideous stage mother.

32. Keane said on September 15th, 2017 at 1:03 pm

Dearie me we do not seem to be able to get away from her at the moment do we? Her mug has been all over the place in the news this week for a netflix film of all things – not exactly a big deal. When will she ever leave us alone and give us a break from her face? I feel like we could all do with one!

33. Keane said on September 21st, 2017 at 3:27 pm

Dear God she’s campaigning for another Oscar – that’s why she keeps shoving her mug in our faces – does this woman ever quit? And it’s another shot at the best foreign language film as well – even though the whole point of the category is that it was made by a foreign national not a Hollywood brat! (Because she knows she can’t win the American one). So cue endless rounds of self-promotion for a Netflix film that no-one ever bothers to do more than a few interviews for. All this woman wants is another little gold shiny man. Nothing else matters to her.

34. LG said on September 23rd, 2017 at 9:47 am

@Keane:
    I can understand that as her film has attracted mostly positive
    reviews she wants to milk the self promotion but she is making
    the mistake of trying to rectify a negative perception of her over
    how she handled the divorce all on the back of this one film. As
    such it feels like overkill.

And of course for good measure she’s adding the latest narrative
    of how she waited for Maddox to grow up and feel ready to be involved
    with the making of the film…..oh and one more, she adopted Maddox
    all those years ago with Luong Ung’s support. This desperation
    for our admiration means that she overdoes all her publicity and
    sells her children’s privacy down the river.

35. Up the Coast said on October 7th, 2017 at 3:55 pm

Doesn’t Ian have anything to say about this Harvey Weinstein story? I noticed that joLIE is on the list of actresses whose ’silence is deafening’. It’s almost funny how they are pretending this is disgusting to them all, when the HW ‘casting couch’ is basically a cliché.

36. Keane said on October 9th, 2017 at 4:39 pm

Re: Harvey Weinstein all I can say is that if you work in the media this type of story will come as no surprise to you. It’s a bit more extreme than you get in TV but it basically stems from the same power relationship/dynamic issue. I used to get really mad about it but I am so used to it now I just try to ignore it – it is just an unfortunate fact of life. After many years in the industry these big name actresses will have learned to shrug and just try to ignore it as well and are probably thankful they’re past the age in which they are a major target. The problem is Weinstein is likely to be far from an isolated case. You soon learn it is impossible to change a whole industry and the people who bring the money in and control who is hired and fired are and always will be more important than you. Sad but true!

37. Keane said on October 9th, 2017 at 5:49 pm

I tell a lie this story has legs:

Gheesh!

38. Keane said on October 10th, 2017 at 1:41 pm

Sh*t man – Harvey Weinstein – sh*t man – that’s all I can say!

39. Up the Coast said on October 10th, 2017 at 5:36 pm

@Keane:
    And it runs deep, considering all the people this touches (no pun intended). Asia’s bf, Anthony, just had Obama on his show (last season) then Malia worked for Harvey over the summer. You’d think that Anthony would have given Obama a ‘heads up’ on this disgusting man.

Listening to the audio of Weinstein, begging that young model to come into his room…is enough to make a person puke.

40. Up the Coast said on October 10th, 2017 at 8:31 pm

HRC seems to be ground zero for a lot of perverts…hmm.

41. LG said on October 11th, 2017 at 8:26 am

@Keane:
    @Up the Coast:
    Seth McFarlane bravely made a joke about Weinstein when presenting the
    Supporting Actress award at the 2013 Oscars. Here’s the link if you havn’t
    seen it yet

42. Up the Coast said on October 11th, 2017 at 3:15 pm

@LG:
    I saw it…also Tina Fey wrote a joke about him on her old show, 30 Rock. It was common knowledge among all the clique’s in HW.

43. Keane said on October 13th, 2017 at 5:13 pm

Arghh I don’t even know where to start on this whole Harvey Weinstein scandal – the story is just too huge and overwhelming. It’s not just about him it’s trying to figure out who else was involved and who has been part of the conspiracy of silence for such a long time – quite shocking. Think it is obvious the ones who have said they “knew nothing” are nothing but bare-assed liars – really makes you re-think your opinion of a few big name people. And I will never go to see another film with Ben Affleck in it (or his equally dubious brother) again – I know their type so well. And crikey I don’t think I have ever found anything so telling as the handful of young actresses who have said “I never knew about Harvey and he never did anything to me”. It was only the other day that I was saying that I found the success of a few big name actresses to be quite unexplainable – as for me they were neither particularly blessed with talent or beauty. Suddenly it all becomes a little easier to understand!

44. Up the Coast said on October 13th, 2017 at 7:28 pm

@Keane:
    I totally agree! I just saw Jane Fonda on tv, saying she only found out a year ago…but didn’t say anything, and I say she is a LIAR. She even wrote a biography about all HER sexual exploits in Hollywood, and how it was just ‘normal’ for her lifestyle. I have noticed that all the big name producers are silent. What does Spielberg have to say? He is Gwyneth and Drew’s godfather…but he hasn’t spoken out. He has made numerous films with child stars :(

45. Up the Coast said on October 13th, 2017 at 7:32 pm

TMZ got ahold of Weinstein’s contract…and it basically approves of Harvey’s deviant behavior, but it states that if anyone sue’s him…he has to cover the cost! It even has a ’schedule’ of amounts for the 1st, second or third ‘event’. Un-freakin’believable! His own company was basically enabling him, imo.

46. Up the Coast said on October 13th, 2017 at 7:39 pm

Affleck, Damon and now Clooney is being sucked into the vortex.

47. Up the Coast said on October 14th, 2017 at 4:28 pm

I almost forgot Quentin…with the freaky foot fetish…he’s now pretending to be shocked by the news.

48. [...] of former Pink Floyd frontman Roger Waters was overdue. The Observer picked up on journalist Ian Halperin‘s soon-to-be-released video, Wish You Weren’t Here. There’s a trailer on YouTube, [...]

49. [...] of former Pink Floyd frontman Roger Waters was overdue. The Observer picked up on journalist Ian Halperin‘s soon-to-be-released video, Wish You Weren’t Here. There’s a trailer on YouTube, [...]