Happy Holidays……Wishing All My Readers a Healthy, Happy 2017!!!

Posted on December 29th, 2016 by HisHighness in IUC:Bits, IUC:Entertainment, IUC:Exclusive

- IUC NEWS Exclusive – finally a documentary I’ve been working on for quite a while will be released in early 2017. You will love this topic!!!

- 2016 was a tragic year. Too many great artists left us. So sorry about the latest stars to die – Carrie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds and George Michael. I was quoted in this story about Geroge – CNN

IUC Restaurant of 2016 – Slam dunk – my main man Fred has helped make Quality Meats in South Beach the place to dine at. You cannot get a better steak, fish or dining experience better than Quality Meats anywhere. The air at Quality Meats is laced with the intoxicating aroma of mouth watering food. Everything on the menu is sizzling and succulent. Amazing ambiance, incredible service mixed with a wine list that is next to none. Deserts are out of this world! For star gazers, on any given night you will find some top Hollywood actors, musicians and media personalities dining there.

Fred (middle) runs the best steakhouse South Florida has seen in years

Fred (middle) runs the best steakhouse South Florida has seen in years

IUC Blind Item of 2016: What Hollywood actress is now dating a former NFL star who ended up broke several years ago and is now working on charitable causes in Africa?

1. Guest2 said on December 30th, 2016 at 8:06 pm

Happy New Year to all. Let’s hope 2017 will surprise us all and turn out better than expected (by me, anyway).

2. LG said on December 30th, 2016 at 8:56 pm

@Guest2:
    I’ll second that!

3. LG said on January 13th, 2017 at 6:49 pm

Was catching up on all things Kurt Cobain and stumbled upon
    these videos of Frances Bean and Kurt Cobain at a recent fashion show.
    In the first video they are walking out of a car and in the second they
    are asked questions about the recent Kardashian robbery whilst sitting
    and waiting…..So what I’m getting at is these two are soooo stoned and
    not on weed. I think Courtney closing her eyes for more than a few seconds
    is a bit of a give away.

4. WR said on January 21st, 2017 at 6:00 pm

Here in So Calif, we are having a lot of rain. Our 6 yr. drought seems to be coming to an end.
    Today is sunny!

And we have a new president. In my opinion, he gave an excellent inaugural speech. I see hope for our country, as we take it back; i.e. we, the citizens.
    IMHO, the media helped Trump to the White House. Without it, we, the people, would be in the dark. He stood firm in his own defense. And the whole world was watching.
    No matter how I voted, I support his words of hope.

Regarding False News. It seems to be everywhere on the internet. Seems as if narrators are hired based on what could pass as voices of authority. (For example, their race, ethnicity, etc.)
    However, not all is false. One can detect what appears to be true, and process it with one’s experience, faith and knowledge.
    This Is true with the “end of the world” scenarios. There’s no shortage of them. Somewhere in there, there’s convincing arguments, pro and con. Others will only take up your precious time

Speaking of precious time, His Highness, you may be aware that Oscar nomination voting started earlier this month, and the noms will be announced within a week. What you may not know is that Meryl Streep had been campaigning again, as the voting started. Instead of speaking up BEFORE Trump won the presidency, (when Hillary would benefit, more) she chose to do it in front of an anti-Trump Oscar-voting crowd. Again, just as the Oscar nominations voting began. Isolated incident? Nope! She had effectively sabotaged Emma Thompson’s chances, when she, Streep, was a competitor for the 5th spot. Here’s what transpired: Emma Thompson was to be honored at a ceremony. Either Streep volunteered to be the one to “honor” her, or she was effectively selected. Now, the honor was supposed to be for a movie based on the making of “Mary Poppins”, for which Emma Thompson received raves, and Oscar pundits had her as a sure nominee. Now, as you recall, “Mary Poppins” was produced by Walt Disney, back in the 1960s. Walt Disney had long been dead. Are you still with me? Well, Streep used this occasion to lambast Walt Disney, for his alleged anti-Semitism. The long-dead Disney was the focus of her rant, instead of focusing on honoring Emma Thompson. Now, many Oscar voters were there, or heard about it. Result: Emma Thompson was snubbed, and Meryl Streep took that 5th slot for the nominations. At least, one Oscar pundit noted what happened, and “slapped Meryl Streep on the wrist, in print). Nobody saw it, or the rebuke was far too mild. Perhaps he was scared he’d lose his job.
    In another year, Streep’s team “stole” the Oscar from Viola Davis. Davis had won the Screen Actors Guild award for Best Actress, for her turn, in “The Help”. Streep was up for “The Iron Lady” Streep’s team put it in the media, that “Black actresses were ONLY honored for playing maids”. There’s more: They made it known that “Streep hadn’t won an Oscar, in 30 years!”
    The voters, easily manipulated, gave Streep the Oscar for Best Actress. Now, if the voters thought about the argument presented, they ask themselves, why is Streep even thinking about this, when she, Streep, has more Best Actress Oscars than the whole field of Black actresses in history, COMBINED!
    The latest factor, is that Paramount Pictures, or she, herself, didn’t want Viola Davis to be in the running for Best Actress, this year, for “Fences” even though she had a very good chance of winning. And she has a leading rold in the film. The studio caved, and put Davis in the Supporting category, effectively making it a sure win for Davis. Who would have been her competitor for Best Actress? Meryl Streep.
    Most probably other Oscar pundits, and some film critics know what’s going on, but they might be afraid of losing their jobs.
    JMO!

5. WR said on January 25th, 2017 at 9:27 pm

@WR:
    It all came true, as I said.

Heard from a friendly checker, that Mary Tyler Moore has died. This had been expected for quite some time. Many expressed gratitude for her talent.

6. Keane said on January 26th, 2017 at 12:27 pm

Hi Ian just saw TDM article about your doc – what channel are you doing it for in the UK and who did you make it with if you don’t mind me asking?

7. WR said on January 29th, 2017 at 2:35 am

Three have died in the last week: John Hurt, Barbara Hale & Emmanuelle Riva. And January is barely finished.

8. WR said on January 29th, 2017 at 5:14 pm

@WR:
    John Hurt was a special favorite of mine, from the start. First saw him in “A Man for All Seasons”, the Oscar winning film of 1966. Other roles, including the daring portrayal of Caligula. What an actor! A special favorite, was “10 Rillington Place”; as a naïve victim of the demonic ruthlessness of John Christie, played brilliantly by Richard Attenborough. The latter played the role mainly because he was totally against the death penalty. Indeed, that movie was instrumental for helping put the death penalty, in Britain, in the past. I play this movie, periodically, to revel in appreciation of the leads. And to see how poverty plays a role in sometimes bad choices we all make.
    Of course, there are many other roles he played that made him so beloved. Honestly didn’t know that he was so popular here in America.

9. WR said on February 6th, 2017 at 1:28 am

Anyone here who goes to the International Movie Data Base? Sorry to say, that the site will close its message board. That’s the place to go for messages of all sorts if they want to read, or say something they want about anything. Usually, it’s about movies. Younger posters have ruined it, I’m afraid. Many have no qualms about using foul language and subjects. The administrator must have had his fill of these ugly topics. They effectively shut it down.

So now the hunt is on for a new site to read about movies. Hopefully their monitor is more strict about the content published. Some seemingly demented posters got very personal in sexing up their posts; and abused star personas as they felt it.
    They really should have been banned from the site.

10. Guest2 said on February 13th, 2017 at 8:24 pm

I have a question for Ian about Brangie if he even reads these comments anymore. There’s talk now of them maybe getting back together which I tend not to believe. The posters at FF brought over the divorce papers but nothing showing the date of the actual marriage. You said a long time ago there would be a sham marriage so I’m thinking that’s the fake wedding but when did they get legally get married. There’s been so much speculation here over the years that for some reason I feel that’s important to know after following them all these years.

11. LG said on February 15th, 2017 at 8:21 am

@Guest2:
    I checked the link I saved of Hollywoodlife website’s scan of the
    divorce papers and on the first page it states the date of marriage
    as August the 14th 2014. That must be the legal California marriage
    date whilst the Chateau marriage date was around the 28th of August
    2014.

12. LG said on February 15th, 2017 at 8:37 am

@WR:
    I never noticed before that the IMDB site had a message board..
    It’s a handy site to go to when you’ve discovered a TV series you
    really get into well past the time it was actually screened on TV.
    It’s great reading the trivia surrounding a show plus the episode
    summaries.

13. Guest2 said on February 15th, 2017 at 8:41 pm

@LG:
    Thanks, LG. We speculated for so long through all the riddles as to whether or not they were actually married. I guess they were not until 2014.

14. WR said on February 15th, 2017 at 11:51 pm

@LG:
    Yes, they have quite a menu of topics. They even have a Soap Box message board. IMDB will close its message boards on the 20th. It was a lot of fun, until the last few years. Creepy posters were allowed in, and they posted ugly things about celebrities. And some posted personal perversion. I did my best to call this sewer stuff to the administrators. (Perhaps the cost of monitoring these few, sick ones was not worth it!)
    But, as I said, it was fun whilst it lasted!

15. WR said on February 15th, 2017 at 11:53 pm

@WR:
    Interesting, that Brad was called, “gay” by a few posters.

16. Patty Anne said on February 18th, 2017 at 3:40 pm

Angie w/ kids in Cambodia at premiere of her film

17. LG said on February 19th, 2017 at 8:58 am

@Patty Anne:
    For Angelina, there must be alot riding on the critical success
    of this movie. Without it, being accepted back into mainstream
    hollywood will be that much harder.

18. Keane said on February 21st, 2017 at 10:49 pm

Surely Angelina’s desperation chomping on bugs with all six of her kids in tow while trying to ape emotion in her interviews will go down as one of the most hilarious moments in her sorry ass career!

19. LG said on February 25th, 2017 at 7:43 pm

@Keane:
    She is the architect of her own misfortunes and she is making
    a big mistake turning her and her children’s lives into a reality
    TV show. All this PR stuff in Cambodia is all about her as usual,
    not about the authoress of FTKMF, not about the people of
    Cambodia, not a mention that I can see of her co-director but
    about how “selfless” she is for making this movie for Cambodia.

20. Keane said on February 26th, 2017 at 10:39 pm

@LG:

It’ll be really interesting to see how she copes financially now. They were only married for two years and they would have had a pre-nup. Brad will get joint custody so no maintenance payments. Also don’t think the directing is going to happen now as that was largely orchestrated through him. So she’ll try for the acting roles in an industry she has made herself oh so popular with. The kids are getting older and aren’t as marketable for pap shots and magazine deals. I’m guessing she’ll start putting them all to work now to help pay her overheads a la the beck hams. Perish the thought she would have to cope on less than one nanny per child, a few less chefs or without their personal chef, driver, assistants, housekeeper, cleaners, security etc. Better start trying to book them jobs fast!

21. Togi said on March 1st, 2017 at 3:31 pm

@Keane: What she is doing with those kids nauseates me. ALL OF IT. From her parading them around, putting them front and center, to her orchestrating who they are personally, and what she wants their roles in life to be. It’s disgusting. I can’t imagine. So many of us are parents. Like many of them, I have basic desires for my child. FIRST, I wish for her to be healthy. SECOND, I wish for her to be happy. I do my best to teach her, by example, how to achieve the first. The second, I only encourage her to SEEK FOR HERSELF that which will bring her happiness. I’m not, by far, the best parent in the world. Like most others, I do my best but fall short in many ways. I love her with all my heart. Enough to let her go. Any parent who has ever let their child go knows how painful that can be. But it’s also the most loving thing we can do. Let them go, without guilt, with encouragement … standing in the wings and watching them fly. AJ is a complete CREEPER. Those poor kids already have clipped wings. I just want to smack her.

22. Patty Anne said on March 9th, 2017 at 1:23 pm

Been hearing rumors that Angie is divorcing Brad because as he long time love, Jenny Shimizu said years ago, she’s gone back to female partners. Maybe Ian could give us the dish on this rumor?

23. Keane said on March 14th, 2017 at 8:06 pm

SOMEBODY SAVE US FROM ANGELINA JOLIE PARADING AROUND LONDON LIKE SHE OWNS THE PLACE – PLEASE! LIKE SERIOUSLY WHO DOES THIS WOMAN THINK SHE IS – I MEAN, SERIOUSLY? Who goes to someone else’s country and walks around with her nose in the air and gains “special access” to the palaces that we pay for like she is the queen and we her minions like this idiot does? Honestly who advises her to do this and what does she think she is achieving? You cannot buy your way into being a princess/politician/adored public figure just because you fancy yourself in the role – why can’t someone tell her? Who in their right mind thinks they can and indeed should just become “the next Princess Diana” like she does, especially when you are neither British, royal or indeed adored like she isn’t? The woman is mad.

24. LG said on March 18th, 2017 at 10:39 am

@Keane:
    I hear you Keane. It’s all so very strange. I’m beginning to
    wonder whether it was all about promoting a recent breast
    reduction,

First there was the movie premier, nothing wrong with that
    except that by dragging her children along she compromised
    their privacy yet again. Then she did an interview, ate some spiders,
    made a speech, visited a bookshop, lectured at LSE, visited
    Buckingham palace, met archbishop and flew back home.

If the divorce announcement proved anything it is that if you want to
    stay off the radar you can. Now that she’s back to business as usual,ie,
    being photographed with kids in tow as much as possible It will be
    interesting to see whether she can stay put in one place for a while.

25. LG said on March 18th, 2017 at 10:50 am

@Patty Anne:
    Even if she is engaged in a relationship with a woman
    I bet she won’t make it public for the sake of whatever
    chance she has of reigniting her Hollywood acting career.
    A fling with a woman would be ok, but a relationship would
    not work at this time of her life

26. LG said on March 18th, 2017 at 11:08 am

@Togi:
    I agree with you. Most well known actors/celebrities seem to
    go out of their way to preserve their children’s privacy.
    Angelina and Brad’s children are being trained to be
    celebrities. If they have some kind of artistic talent which
    can earn them a buck in the future, then that’s great,
    but if they don’t then being a reality TV star seems
    like the most likely option for making a living.

27. Patty Anne said on March 19th, 2017 at 1:39 pm

Here ya go LG. The fallout against Jolie’s lies has begun.