IUC Monday Morning: Angie Chickenpox???; Lilo in London; Scientology Detox???; IUC 2014 Hotel of Year: Kempinski Hotel Corvinus

Posted on December 15th, 2014 by HisHighness in IUC: Travel, IUC:Bits, IUC:Entertainment

Angie has chickenpox – misses premiere!angiechickenpox

Creed’s Scott Stapp sad downward spiral

Lilo says she’ll never move back to L.A.

Travolta’s Scientology Sauna Detox program get U.S. government funding

IUC Travel: kempinski budapestBudapest is Europe’s hidden gem. It encompasses the chic culture of Paris and the incredible gastronomy of Italy – cleaner and safer than any city I’ve been to. If you visit Budapest it is imperative to stay at Kempinski Hotel Corvinus – a knockout from first glance with a modern design like a dreamy luxurious mirage providing a palatial spa retreat, smack in the middle of Europe’s most up and coming, vibrant city. Rooms are decked out with warm decor, cool art, extremely comfortable bedding and first class bathrooms. The spa on the second floor is stellar – designed to invoke the feelings of an incredible holistic experience, with various steam, sauna and massage rooms. You can lounge out after in the decadent infinity pool, a welcome respite from the cold winter weather outside. Sample the best sushi and asian fusion food on the planet at Nobu Budapest, located on the hotel’s ground floor. I’ve been to several Nobu’s around the world, but have never enjoyed the Nobu experience as much as I did in Budapest. Nobu BudapestKempinski is a top notch luxury hotel that pampers its guests with class every which way. For example, on Sunday it offers a special Breakfast at Tiffany’s that perhaps is the most unique breakfast experience I’ve had in years – featuring a fashion show, the most tasty breakfast you can dream of and of course the classic Audrey Hepburn film running throughout. With its refined international food and incredible amenities I hereby award Kempinski Hotel Corvinus the IUC 2014 Award as Hotel Of The Year. Bravo Kempinski!!!!

1. siska said on December 15th, 2014 at 8:01 am

Chicken pox..he he..great excuse

2. Allison said on December 15th, 2014 at 8:02 am

Great posting Ian. For you to nominate that hotel as best one in 2014 it must be spectacular because you travel so much. I am going to Europe in March and will definitely book a few nights there. I could use a good few days at its spa. Thank u so much for letting us know about this paradise. Happy holidays to you and yours

3. Jenna M. said on December 15th, 2014 at 8:26 am

Angie I think is faking ill because she didn’t get nominations she thought she’d get. Great article Ian on Kempinski Hotel. I have stayed at other Kempinski Hotels and had a good experience. But this one sounds like its the best. Can’t wait to go to Budapest and stay there. I think I’ll go in May when it warms up.

4. becca becks said on December 15th, 2014 at 10:14 am

154. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 12/13 **#3**
    This A+ list mostly movie actor made some calls to a trade publication so they would drop one woman and add his wife to the their list of honorees. He said he would give them an exclusive interview if they did, so they did.
    Actor: Brad Pitt
    Wife: Angelina Jolie
    Woman dropped: Ava DuVernay (”Selma”)
    Publication: The Hollywood Reporter

5. becca becks said on December 15th, 2014 at 10:15 am

160. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 12/14 **#3**
    Back in the day this A list political figure had sex with Audrey Hepburn when she was doing work for the UN and he thought he was the king of the world. To relive his glory days he has been making his B+ list reality host from an A+ list cable reality franchise that you can watch and not feel slimy watching, wear her hair up. He wants her to cut it but she is refusing. She never wears her hair up and is suddenly doing it almost every day for him. She must be getting a lot of money. Padma Lakshmi (”Top Chef”)/Henry Kissinger

6. Guest2 said on December 15th, 2014 at 10:34 am

Thanks for the” travelogue”, Ian. I visited Budapest in the 90s and loved it. I hope to go back some day and will definitely check out this hotel. Didn’t know that about scientology, may morris isn’t as fos as I thought.

7. Guest2 said on December 15th, 2014 at 10:39 am

@becca becks:
    So now we know that he’s totally under her thumb, which isn’t a surprise to anyone, and that they both manipulate the media, which is also not a surprise. But why would an interview with brad be so important, it’s not like he says anything noteworthy? They’re both disgusting.

8. Togi said on December 15th, 2014 at 3:14 pm

I think HH is saying that AJ is “ill” (not chicken pox, obviously), that she is crazy and/or she is somehow connected to some weird crap (a la Scott Stapp), that she should or will leave the country, and that she is in detox right now.

Ian doesn’t link articles for no reason.

9. Togi said on December 15th, 2014 at 3:18 pm

And OMG!!!! I watched the Director’s Roundtable and about DIED of embarrassment for AJ. She was so out of her league there. The older guy (Lee, I think) and Nolan both could barely contain themselves. Lee DID pick on her, but then said he was “encouraging” her. LOL. Nolan had to cover his mouth to keep from laughing. After she went off on one of her rants, Lee asked her “Besides all that, are you a good director?” LOL. Sad, sad, sad. If it were anyone else I would feel sorry for them. But she sits there at that table with her superior smug face on, her flirty eyes and her “I’m so beautiful” attitude. OMG. I wanted to slap her. So out of place and awkward … amongst professional, REAL directors.

10. Keane said on December 15th, 2014 at 4:02 pm

@Togi:

Lilo is in London right now – maybe it means she is coming here to detox – great!

11. Keane said on December 15th, 2014 at 4:54 pm

@Togi:

Yes film-making is so tough that there is no way these seasoned, battle-hardened, relentlessly focused directors would ever listen to an actress’ guff without cutting through it. She didn’t make any decisions on that movie, you can tell, because she would be able to tell you about them in detail – she would have had to agonise over them at length. She would also know exactly how many days they were shooting for (not “I don’t know was it 46 or 47). If you’re a Producer or a Director you would have set up, scripted and budgeted for those days in infinitesimal detail, every minute counts and can make the difference between getting an essential element of the story or the programme and not getting it at all thereby totally effing up the whole production and having to do costly re-shoots (sometimes you literally can’t re-shoot things because of certain circumstances). It is mega-stressful and believe me no-one has time when shooting to go home and play board games with their children – when you’e not actually filming you are prepping for the next day. I think she tries to say very little in this discussion because she knows whatever she says will catch her out. She had obviously been prepped for the favourite film bit but then gave herself away when she had never heard of his other work. Angelina Jolie is the ultimate imposter!

12. Keane said on December 15th, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Oh yes and may I add you really cannot “learn as you go along” – unless you have someone there directing it for you!

13. Keane said on December 15th, 2014 at 6:00 pm

@Keane:

Meant to say those directors must have been pissed that the acclaimed female director who was worthy of sharing their discussion was bumped in favour of this pretender – just shows how much power you can wield if you have your PR controlling the world.

I have to say Angelina is becoming increasingly hilarious these days what with the honorary damehood and showing up at a Director’s round table – she is literally turning in to Forrest Gump!

14. rushdog said on December 15th, 2014 at 6:30 pm

@Togi:
    I agree with this. The headlines are:

Angie chicken pox
    downward spiral/crazy
    Not in LA
    detox program

I think it really is as simple as that and it is consistent with what someone (with 4 degrees of separation) is posting at FF.

15. rushdog said on December 16th, 2014 at 12:20 am

I always believe that the hotel and recommendations are part of Ian’s clues but harder to determine. Breakfast at Tiffany’s…Holly Golightly is arrested for association with a drug smuggling ring at the end of the movie. Hmmm…

16. Samantha T. said on December 16th, 2014 at 7:17 am

Ian, thanks for sharing your thoughts about Budapest. I am going to book a trip to Budapest and stay at Kepinski for five nights.
    I don’t believe Angie has chickenpox. There has to be more to this story that will eventually come out. Happy holidays to everyone at IUC.

17. rushdog said on December 16th, 2014 at 10:16 am

@rushdog:
    The gun prop shipment was seized in Budapest. Just saying.

I believe Ian’s travel information is meant as both reviews and a connection to the riddles.

18. WC Kitty said on December 16th, 2014 at 1:17 pm

@rushdog:
    You may be on to something. Holly G. is Jolie’s assistant or something. Vaj over at FF is known for saying that Jolie is running drugs and more using her private jet.

19. Guest1 said on December 16th, 2014 at 9:53 pm

@rushdog:
    I like your analysis of the new clues.

I think we have some new posters here, and want to welcome them!

20. best dating sites said on December 30th, 2014 at 1:32 am

Heya i am for the primary time here. I came across this
    board and I in finding It really useful & it helped me out much.
    I’m hoping to give something back and aid others like you aided me.