RIP 911 Victims…We Remember!!!

Posted on September 11th, 2011 by HisHighness in IUC:Bits

The saddest thing in life is loss of loved ones. Right now I’m watching on tv the family members of 911 victims read out the names of the deceased – a beautiful and poetic tribute. Here’s one from HRH to everyone who has lost loved ones – it’s called Missing The Best Days and I just wrote it while watching the coverage on tv.. Love you all!!!!

Always in my mind,
your smile like the sun,
wishing on a star,
I could see you in the morning, afternoon or night,
memories like a coat so warm,
light and motion,
how can I forget the longings of my heart,
pressing flowers in a book,
riding the train high on,
to the lighthouse,
free and flying,
missing the best days,911weremember
tomorrow is a mystery,
free flowing sea,
whispers for you,
missing the best days,
memories of your caress,
your happy wheels,
too much, too little,
missing the best days.

1. liv4 said on September 11th, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Beautiful tribute. Pray for peace.

2. joanne said on September 11th, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Pray for peace ,tolerance and less greed. Stop the hate.

3. Guest2 said on September 11th, 2011 at 1:25 pm

That is a beautiful tribute. Let’s pray this never happens again.

4. Tetta said on September 11th, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Ian, it´s very beautiful. Let´s hope the world is a better place today than it was 10 years ago.

5. Up the Coast said on September 11th, 2011 at 2:11 pm

That’s a beautiful poem Ian. Thanks for sharing it with us.

6. Tinkuy said on September 11th, 2011 at 2:57 pm

@Tetta:
    plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose
    the more things change, the more they remain the same

7. jan said on September 11th, 2011 at 3:02 pm

@Tinkuy:
    Amen Tinkuy.

Keep on praying for the U.S. and this entire world. Change is possible with prayer.

Nice tribute Ian.

j

8. alif said on September 11th, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Thanks, Ian!
    What a blessing to live in a land where there are freedoms. Hope it continues on an on!
    Missed the reading of the victims list. My loss. Watching other tributes on MSNBC.

OT: R.I.P. Cliff Robertson. I will always remember the smile he directed my way at a local film festival. We were the only two in one area. I’ve watched his performance as JFK in “PT 109″ so many times!

9. Evil Kitty said on September 11th, 2011 at 3:43 pm

That was a very nice poem and tribute Ian. God Bless the USA, our friends in Canada and our allies throughout the world who value freedom and peace. Thoughts and prayers to those who lost loved ones in the tragedy of 911 and to those who fight for our freedom. Everyone take care.

10. Dream said on September 11th, 2011 at 4:34 pm

beautiful poem.

11. whatever said on September 11th, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Thank you Ian, that was a nice thing to do…

My husbands cousin was one of the flight attendants, on Flight 11, the first plane that went into the Towers….she wasn’t suppose to work that day, but she covered for someone else..who was sick. She left behind a husband and 2 small children….

This day is hard for all of his family. She had a beautiful smile, a wonderful personality and she was such a great mother……………………ok..I can’t talk anymore…………

12. jan said on September 11th, 2011 at 8:45 pm

I am so sorry Whatever about your loved ones. God bless them real big.

I have something to share:

13. selfffrighteouswhore said on September 11th, 2011 at 9:13 pm

@whatever:
    whatever, i’m sorry for the heartbreaking loss you family has been through.
    my husband’s brother was in one of the towers the day before it all happened. he was young and it made him realize we just never know when it will be our last day.

may we all appreciate every precious day we have left to share with those we love. reach out and hug somebody. the only thing we can really count on is each other.

14. HisHighness said on September 11th, 2011 at 9:48 pm

@selfffrighteouswhore:
    thank you srw – could not say it better myself.

15. siska said on September 11th, 2011 at 11:07 pm

@whatever:
    Im sorry for your loss..may the peace be with everyone and bless all the soul….and may this tragedy will never happen again!!

16. siska said on September 11th, 2011 at 11:08 pm

@selfffrighteouswhore:
    Im sorry the heard that..may his soul rest in peace..and great words..

17. siska said on September 11th, 2011 at 11:08 pm

great poeam!!! peace!!

18. lookyloo said on September 12th, 2011 at 8:35 am

What a great tribute to all those lost on that tragic day. I watched one of the documentaries yesterday where they had pieced together different amateur footage……so sad.

19. payal said on September 12th, 2011 at 11:23 am

beautiful poem ian, was watching all the 9/11 footage being shown on tv yesterday and i was emotional and thinking about thinking about exactly what happened 10 years ago all day and the innocent lives stolen and those who were left behind.

20. selfffrighteouswhore said on September 12th, 2011 at 3:41 pm

@siska:
    oh sis, my brother in law didn’t fall with the towers, he was in one of the towers during the morning of 9/10. he was in NYC the next day, the 11th. so it scared the tar out of him when it all went down. they had talked about visiting the wtc on the 11th but fortunately opted for monday the 10th instead, so it was too close for comfort and gave a young man much to think about.

21. I'm on the bidet said on September 12th, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Nice tribute Ian!

22. Reality Check said on September 13th, 2011 at 5:48 am

Ladies,

Does anybody know what happened to Brangiston?

I just tried to access the blog and a message told me that the authors have deleted the blog!

WHY ???

23. siska said on September 13th, 2011 at 10:44 am

@selfffrighteouswhore:
    oh..good to know..thank GOd for it!!!its really show how short life is..

24. siska said on September 13th, 2011 at 10:45 am

breaking jen news!!! her mum in hospital for stroke..and jen being spotted come out there crying (which Jtx waiting for her)..I am praying for her!!

25. clf1976 said on September 13th, 2011 at 11:06 am

A very lovely tribute, HRH. I can’t watch or hear them reading the names without tears coming to my eyes.

26. Patty Anne said on September 13th, 2011 at 11:40 am

Emails were sent to all members at the email addy they supplied when they joined. :-) @Reality Check:

27. Tetta said on September 13th, 2011 at 11:42 am

@Patty Anne:
    Patty Anne, sorry to disturb but I havn´t got any mail.

28. Reality Check said on September 13th, 2011 at 1:39 pm

@Patty Anne:
    Patty Anne, I have just checked my e-mail but I didn’t get one, either.