Posted on January 27th, 2011 by HisHighness in IUC:Bits, IUC:Entertainment

Two journalists who dot the pages of newspapers with a conscience and demonstrate an ethic of active compassion are Sweden’s Anna Benson and Montreal’s Mike Cohen. Amongst many other acts of devotion, Anna is a former world class ping pong player and recently had a vernissage in Miami with fellow Swede Jonas Hedqvist. Both artists’ work embodied style, thought and conceptual presence that left their impressive coterie of friends delighted and proud.
Mike Cohen is one of Canada’s finest journalists ever. His life of adventure and public image exhibits an authenticity that has resonated well for decades with his many readers. He moonlights as a city councillor in the Cote St. Luc suburb of Montreal and has become somewhat of an enduring icon in Montreal. His article this week on Arnold and my book is quite funny (The Suburban)
angiebed- According to famous Beverly Hills plastic surgeons nobody want the AJ look anymore. (Check this out)annabensonandjonas

1. Handbags said on January 27th, 2011 at 12:58 pm

That is f*ckin’ awesome IUC Thursday: Journalists Anna Benson and Mike Cohen Are Grade A; Nobody Wants to Look Like Angie Jolie. Very good and interesting article. Thanks for helpful and useful information.

2. Tetta said on January 27th, 2011 at 1:35 pm

I knew it! Sweden has mnt talented people! Good taste also. No more influences from Angelina.

3. alif said on January 27th, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Hopefully, less and less aging actresses with those swollen, greasy “trout lips”.
    If so, that is great news, indeed!

4. Patty Anne said on January 27th, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Perhaps Brangelina’s long held control over the press has been broken. Those who continue to trout her and worship at the alter of fakery have finally awaken to the fact that they are making themselves out to be cattle who blindly follow the lead of Brangelina’s publicists. The public in general has awakened from this stupor five years ago and the consistant decline of Jolie-Pitt Fans is proof that “you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can’t fool all of the people all of the time”. Amen to that!

5. I'm on the bidet said on January 27th, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Its good to hear there are active journalists out there . . . I’ve felt that journalism was dying here in the USA, as newspapers fail and corporations put a dollar rather than ethical value to news coverage.

As for surgery and vanity, I’ve had an interesting experience recently in an online virtual world, where one can develop human avatars, and adjust their appearance some to your preferences. Overwhelmingly, people strive to have beautiful avatars – they make the women look like sexy supermodels, and the men are made hyper-masculine with defined muscles and hip clothing. I thought all the vanity over a bunch of pixels was absurd, so I went the opposite direction, and made an avatar that was fat, bald, and ugly as I could make her face. The response I get is telling – people walk their avatar up to mine, and call her names and curse her out, and seem genuinely offended that I’ve put this in their presence. Others just move quickly away, and occasionally some ask if I’m ill. So, even in a fantasy world, body image and vanity prevails.

6. joanne said on January 27th, 2011 at 5:20 pm

@Patty Anne:
    I think they started waking up 2 years ago but it took awhile for the media to realize it. All they saw were glowing remarks with an occasion “h8er” and the people were fooled. As you said, whoever follows blindly now are sell outs. How many people know posters were being blocked?
    ot..I would also like to know how many people know the constitution was written on hemp paper?

7. mooki said on January 28th, 2011 at 9:03 am

nobody perhaps, except Octomom. lol

8. Glynis said on January 28th, 2011 at 9:37 pm

@I’m on the bidet:
    That’s scary! But not surprising. I always found people with “flaws” so much more attractive.

9. Gala Livi said on February 11th, 2011 at 3:07 pm

I think you made some good points there. I did a search on the subject and found mainly persons will go along with with your blog.

10. Teodoro Brede said on February 26th, 2011 at 6:00 am

Hello There. I discovered your weblog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll make sure to bookmark it and return to read extra of your helpful info. Thank you for the post. I’ll certainly comeback.

11. generic lopid no prescription said on May 13th, 2011 at 1:08 am

What I want to know is why I should care? I mean, not to say that what youve got to say isnt important, but I mean, its so generic. Everyones talking about this man. Give us something more, something that we can get behind so we can feel as passionately about it as you do.