IUC Monday: RIP Fitness Pioneer Jack LaLanne 1914-2011

Posted on January 24th, 2011 by HisHighness in IUC:Bits, IUC:Entertainment

jack-lalanneI met Jack in Venice Beach back in 2005 when he was doing a charity fitness exhibition on the beach. He had a great sense of humor and was extremely affable and humble. Before spinning, kickboxing and power yoga there was Jack. His empathy for the human physical condition made him one of the pioneers of physical fitness. His wife of 51 years, Elaine LaLanne knows better than anyone how unique and charismatic a man Jack was. “I have not only lost my husband and a great American icon,” she said, “but the best friend and most loving partner anyone could ever hope for.” (US Weekly)

• 7 Comments
  • Tags:
  1. joanne said on January 24th, 2011 at 1:05 pm

He was a lucky man if his wife of 51 years can still say that. RIP.

2. Miss Elliot said on January 24th, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Nice tribute Ian. I always respect Jack. So nice your words. He deserved to live to 96. When are you finally going to release your music Ian, you are so talented. I saw Gone Too Soon and thought by far it was the best Michael Jackson film ever made.
    And give us more Brangie news, please!!

3. Amy said on January 24th, 2011 at 6:05 pm

RIP Jack, you will be missed forever. Great tribute Ian.

4. build muscles said on January 25th, 2011 at 11:06 pm

Nice! Really nice! I’ve been blog-hopping for almost two hours now and this one is the best read I’ve had thus far. I can’t believe the amount of trash that people are churning out these days. No wonder blogging is said to be dying. Oh well… Anyway, bodybuilding is definitely not for the weak of heart (literally and figuratively). If one is planning on getting into body building and building muscles big and huge, first he/she has got to make sure that he/she has a strong determination to work until the attainment of his/her goal, and that is to get all bulked up and “ripped” (as we use in the bodybuilding parlance). Being aware that building muscles takes months or even years will help a lot as this will eliminate any false presumptions and ridiculous goals.

5. Iona said on January 25th, 2011 at 11:46 pm

I hope his wife can find the strength to go on without her partner of over half a century – bless her! I remember watching the Jack LaLanne Show when I was in preschool – I was impressed with him even then. Here’s to a happy hereafter, Jack!

6. ixwxjvgl said on January 31st, 2011 at 12:36 pm

CTJ6Kn gwyrrjizppkf, [url=http://ahhriveyamhb.com/]ahhriveyamhb[/url], [link=http://sqprvqdyjnlf.com/]sqprvqdyjnlf[/link], http://kdvpvcyvmkhn.com/

7. mbt said on March 25th, 2011 at 9:54 am

May I just say such a relief to search out someone who actually realizes just what they may be sharing on the web. You actually know how to take a major issue to light and make it critical. Even more people should read this particular and understand this side of the story. I can’t believe you’re not more popular as you certainly have the gift.