IUC Friday: Life Without Friendship Is Like The Sky Without The Sun

Posted on January 21st, 2011 by HisHighness in IUC:Entertainment, IUC:Exclusive

goodfriends1The sun and good friends are the universal icons for all life in this world. I love you all. This pic was taken yesterday after a couple sets of tennis doubles. Here’s a few of my favorite quotes about the meaning of friends:
Good friends are like stars. You don’t always see them, but you know they are always there.
Life’s most persistent and urgent question is . . . what are you doing for others? – Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Who seeks a faultless friend remains friendless.” Turkish Proverb
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind. – Buddha
A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down. – Arnold H. Glasow
Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit. – Aristotle

Almost a decade ago I penned the first bio of one of the greatest voices still breathing, James Taylor. His timeless tune “You’ve Got A Friend” never fails to move me to tears. (YouTube)

What song moves you to tears? Let us know…..
TGIF!!!!!!!! Enjoy the weekend!!!!!!!!

1. Gabby Fishman said on January 21st, 2011 at 10:03 am

you go Ian. We all love you too. I’ve been your no.1 fan for years. You are the hottest guy in the media, if you were gay I’d be giving it to you every second. Kiss me Ian. tiddles!!!!!

2. Penny Hartley said on January 21st, 2011 at 10:08 am

Ian dear…when is your next movie coming out. We miss you here. You look a bit knackered in the photo but I’d still do anything to spend a night or a day with you baby. I hope you post here more often. I need my IUC fix like I need coffee in the morning.

3. Carly Mim said on January 21st, 2011 at 10:15 am

Ian, who’s the hot chick in the Nike hat. She looks very familiar. You look a bit beat Ian, did the chicks beat up on you?

4. Amy said on January 21st, 2011 at 10:28 am

Sacrifice by Elton John is the song that makes me cry. Who won the game Ian? I heard on Opie and Anthony that you’re doing an undercover film about the burlesque scene in remote China, is that true?

5. Dyan said on January 21st, 2011 at 10:48 am

Ian, you just broke my heart. What’s with the three hot chicks. I thought one day you’d come to your senses and fall in love with me and live happily ever after. Give us more Brangie news Ian. The song that reduces me to tears is the classic Rolling Stones song Wild Horses.

6. eburns said on January 21st, 2011 at 12:03 pm

very moving post. Can you put more out on the new woman linked to Angelina according to one of her nannies. Who’s the hottie next to you Ian. She looks very familiar.

7. Benson said on January 21st, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Ian did of course win the game. He rocks!

8. I'm on the bidet said on January 21st, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Just one more for the list: “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good to see you relaxing and having fun with friends Ian. And you have my envy – its was -11 below zero in the wind where I am today. So you will have to soak up enough sun for both of us!

-IOTB

9. Kate said on January 21st, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Nice to see you relaxed and having a good time Ian.You look like you are on vacation, well deserved, have fun! I still remember your chat about your book for James Taylor, and that song. wow, that seems like more than a decade! We all luv ya here so don’t be a stranger in your own house ! :) xoxoxo Hugs Kate

10. alif said on January 21st, 2011 at 4:34 pm

A frequent comment i’ve heard, is that if one can count the number of true friends on one hand, he/she is most fortunate, indeed!
    Ian, you seem to be a real friend, so people gravitate toward you.

Song that makes me cry? None, really. But here’s two, among many ( aside from hymns) that move me:
    “The Maker Makes” by Rupert Wainwright (Hope in a higher power, despite His seeming indifference!)
    “They Can’t Make Her Cry”, by Nat “King” Cole. (A person can be very strong, despite her/his world crumbling.)

11. Keane Happy New Years Cyber Queen Supreme said on January 21st, 2011 at 6:03 pm

@I’m on the bidet:

ITA with Waldo’s comment and it’s “In My Life” by The Beatles for me – gets me every time!

12. Keane Happy New Years Cyber Queen Supreme said on January 21st, 2011 at 6:04 pm

@eburns:

Is it the lady wot peddles lip gloss for Avon?

13. Keane Happy New Years Cyber Queen Supreme said on January 21st, 2011 at 6:05 pm

@eburns:

Or a fading strung out beauty queen circa 1983?

14. Keane Happy New Years Cyber Queen Supreme said on January 21st, 2011 at 6:06 pm

@eburns:

Or the broad who makes mismatched weaves for washed up celebrity brats to plug the holes in their thatch with?

15. Keane Happy New Years Cyber Queen Supreme said on January 21st, 2011 at 6:07 pm

I don’t know you’ll have to help me out here Ian. Either way I am sure she’ll be pretty meh just like the rest of them…. whatevs!

16. Mr. Jagdish Patel said on January 21st, 2011 at 7:45 pm

You need a new nigger friend.

17. Patty Anne said on January 21st, 2011 at 11:39 pm

For me it’s Ozzy Osbourne’s “Mamma I’m Coming Home”. The last year of my mother’s life as she lay dying of lung cancer, I’d fly into the NE to be with her for about three weeks at a time. About six trips that year before she was blessedly taken home. In the limo from the airport to her home there was always music playing quietly and on each trip I would hear Ozzy singing, Momma, I’m Coming Home. I still cry when I hear that song. Family, real friends = true riches in one’s life. I am blessed to have loved and been loved well.

Good to see you Ian, you look rested and quite happy in the photo. :-)

18. mooki said on January 22nd, 2011 at 8:49 am

for me it’s either “Same Auld Lang Syne” (Dan Fogelberg) or “Because You Needed Me” (Anne Murray)

19. Tetta said on January 22nd, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Beatles “The long and winding road”: youth, love, unlucky love, no worries about the future, always a lot of friends around, laughter, tears. The song isn´t a musical masterpies but when I listen to this song today I always sit down and close my eyes and remember. Sometimes I get very sad because that time will never return. Ather times I feel glad and only remember all the fun.

20. GISELE said on January 22nd, 2011 at 2:02 pm

For me it’s definitely “Show Me The Way” by Peter Frampton. Ian, glad to see you’ve finally reemerged. I’ve been wondering what happened to you. Looks like you’re fine and in good hands. You rock baby!!!

21. Genevieve said on January 22nd, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Ian darling, rumour has it that you’ve decided to quit books and return to music. I never understood why you went into non fiction celebrity when you had so much talent as a songwriter and sax player. I used to be a fan of yours in the 90s when you had your band up in Canada. I’ve never seen a musician rock the house like you. I used to sneak in line in the front row at Station 10 to catch the sweat dripping off you on stage. Your album Island of Love is a classic. Let us know Ian, is it true your going back to your first love. I’ll be first in line to buy your album.
    smooches baby!

22. Danielle said on January 23rd, 2011 at 10:56 am

Sounds like a plan Ian if you finally do what I’ve waited years for. Play that sax and sing Ian and I’ll also be in the queue to support you. If you’re indeed working on a new album can you post some tunes? Will you continue making films? Where do you get the time for all this because I know you’ve said many, many times how your daughter comes first and that everything else takes a backseat.
    Also, did Brangie finally move cave in and decide to live apart, that’s what I think has happened.

23. Corrine Jenson said on January 23rd, 2011 at 11:23 am

wowsers! The media has been so unkind to you Ian because they’re jealous of the courage you had and they didn’t. You have big balls, balls that we’ve never seen before in the media. I will support you in whatever you do. But I hope you stick around here and give us more juice. Wishing you and yours only love.

24. Carly Mim said on January 24th, 2011 at 12:02 am

@Corrine Jenson:
    I agree, the media has been pieces of shit to you Ian. They have falsely accused you of things and you rose above it, completely ignoring it instead of taking shots back at them. And when a group of lowlife MJ fans went on a campaign to discredit your book you ignored it the same way. In the end, you came on top and those lowlives faded into oblivion.
    Hope you keep writing books because your writing more intense and brilliant than anyone out there. Keep going IH!

25. Saskia said on January 24th, 2011 at 12:08 am

@Carly Mim:
    I agree. The media is so jealous of Ian and print crazy, false things about him. yes Ian you have more class than them all and are too busy making hits while they have nothing else to do. Go IUC forever.

26. siska said on January 24th, 2011 at 3:31 am

the song is What a wonderful world by louis Armstrong

27. siska said on January 24th, 2011 at 3:32 am

@Patty Anne:
    Good bless her soul!!

28. GirlUndercover said on January 26th, 2011 at 12:26 pm

@Carly Mim:

I´m a MJ fan as well but I admire Ian for have done what very few journalists did: Clearing MJ name! I don´t care whatever he was gay or not, it´s not important. Honestly I don´t know what those rabid fans would do to Ian if he had claimed Michael as a molester. Ian there are more MJ fans who support you than you think. The problem is, many are afraid of confessing that. I had to laugh when many fans opened threads on boards to RECOMEND Ian´s documentary on Michael when days before they were so in boycotting it.
    Ian is a very courageous man. I thought that when I heard about the book on Arnold. I belived he could have problems with that but he stand it as always.

29. math games said on January 28th, 2011 at 11:54 am

post not working in firefox

30. Edward Seymer said on February 11th, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Alright then I think you completed a few fine points there. I did a search on the subject and found a good number of persons will go along with with your blog.

31. DingoDogg said on April 17th, 2011 at 7:30 am

Hola
    No sois derecho. Escriban en PM, se comunicaremos.
    [url=http://rsfiles.serveblog.net/]DingoDogg[/url]