IUC World Exclusive: CRTC Investigating Tout Le Monde En Parle; RIP Dorothy Height (1912-2010)

Posted on April 20th, 2010 by HisHighness in IUC:Entertainment, IUC:Exclusive, IUC:Music

DorothyHeight_BillClinton
The CRTC formally accepted my discrimination complaint yesterday against Tout Le Monde En Parle and Radio Canada. My complaint claims that the hosts of the show had a premeditated agenda for me and that I was treated unfair. A spokesperson from the CRTC contacted me, saying: “I am asking Canadian Broadcasting Corporation by copy of this message, to respond directly to you within three weeks and to send us a copy of its reply for review by Commission staff. I am also asking that it hold a tape of the broadcast in question until your case is resolved.” Read More here (Canoe)
- In other news, civil rights champion Dorothy Height passed on at age 98. Height perhaps was the most influential woman at the height of the civil rights movement. Here’s a memorable quote from this incredible woman: “You have the power to benefit your community for the next 10 years. You have the right to be counted, … It is your civic duty. Don’t let anybody or anything stop you”.
(Reuters)

1. Reality Check said on April 20th, 2010 at 10:35 am

Hi Ian,

With all due respect to your difficulties with this Canadian radio station, I think the subject above is far less interesting than many others, which you have neglected totally of late. I hate to break it to you but what attracts people to your blog is Brangelina – they are far more interesting than Tout Le Monde En Parle or whatever you call the source of your recent problems.

I know I’m not authorized to speak on anybody’s behalf here, but a fact is a fact – in case, you didn’t notice, your regular posters don’t post anymore and haven’t said a word since many weeks ago because you take no care of what they like to hear on your blog. Personally, I’m on the verge of losing any interest – not to mention that when I want to read some good celebrity gossip, I don’t want to hear anything about feces and abortions.

If I were you, I would read Kate’s review of your own Brangelina book once again because she quotes Howard Bragman there and Bragman says something that should have stuck in your mind rather than in my own: “Energize your base – identify your core supporters and never forget them. A forgotten base can go like jilted lover.” And, to paraphrase her next short sentence in that paragraph, “Oh, Ian, need we say more.”

In fact, there is so much going on out there right now that I’m surprised your blog reflects nothing but your own issues. Rumour has it that Angelina is pregnant again and “Just Jared” posted a photo of the new cover for Andrew Morton’s book on her today. I am surprised that for someone who wrote a biography on Brangelina, you do nothing to keep the interest in this subject alive. Other blogs have a lot more to say than you these days.

RC

2. Diana said on April 20th, 2010 at 1:29 pm

@Reality Check:

Hi, there was much matter about Brangelina if you read back the posts. He is just venting about what happened to him.

I read in a magazine in my country that Angelina´s bodyguard confirmed that she´s a bad mother and that she leaves for hours, for punish her kids. The bodyguard said that he wanted to be trated by “Bill”.

3. Reality Check said on April 20th, 2010 at 2:21 pm

@Diana: I completely understand what you mean but the last post on Brangelina was made on April 2nd, 2010. That means it’s been 18 days since then. I know there are a lot of old posts on that topic but here is the problem: “old” is the operative word.

Also, there is a group of regular visitors here, who enjoy discussing this topic and we simply can’t get together anymore because there are no new posts. I miss “the gang”, so to speak, and I want to see it together again. (Kate, Keane, Patty Anne, etc.)

4. ladybert62 said on April 20th, 2010 at 2:56 pm

@Reality Check:
    Perhaps that is Ian’s intent – change the direction of the blog and enlist new readers/posters – a fresh start so to speak? Just an idea. :D

5. Keane Cyber Queen Supreme said on April 20th, 2010 at 4:09 pm

@Reality Check:

Yes I have to agree with Ladybert62 here, I believe she has hit the nail on the head. This anti-semitism brouhaha is definitely an attempt by Ian to rid himself of the “Dull Gang” and woo back that clan of posters who defected to other blogs. This war between blogs is definitely one of Ian’s key concerns right now and this whole CBC furore is clearly designed to shake things up and woo back those absent posters. Nothing whatsoever to do with the Sandy thing. No sirree!

6. HisHighness said on April 20th, 2010 at 4:42 pm

@Keane Cyber Queen Supreme:
    I’ll be starting up again shortly – in the meantime I need all your support. This is serious with the CBC. I cannot accept discrimination of any sort. You all rock!!!!

7. Diana said on April 20th, 2010 at 5:06 pm

@HisHighness:

I know you´re at a difficult time, but you have to know that´s someone is passing by you here:

8. inthegray said on April 20th, 2010 at 5:33 pm

I respect and support anyone who denounces racism at any level. It is gratifying to see Ian take the course of action he is taking just as it was gratifying to hear “the Sandy thing” publically thank her mother for making her learn “here’s no religion, class system and no race or no color”.

9. Tamara said on April 21st, 2010 at 10:03 am