Which of These Stars Is Not Worthy of The A-List?

Posted on February 13th, 2010 by HisHighness in IUC:Bits, IUC:Entertainment

angelina-joliegwynethandchrisWesleySnipesPicturekiefer_sutherland_01Britney-Spears-101will_smithnicholsonMegan-Fox0

• 21 Comments
  • Tags:
  1. Pattyanne said on February 13th, 2010 at 11:48 pm

AJ aspires to become A-List but is not A-List, and most likely never will be; GP and CM a toss up depending upon the latest performance, WS is more tongue-in-cheek B+List Action actor, KS definately A-Lister performer, BS is entirely different sort of performer and A-List in her area of entertaining, WS was A-List but is slipping, JN will always be A+-List performer, and MF is just starting to develop her on screen personality so I’d say give her time . My opinion but somehow I doubt it carries much weight in Hollyweird…LOL

2. vi said on February 14th, 2010 at 12:32 am

Shitney spears is an A-list musician. Do I think she deserves it? Hell, no. I will never understand how someobody who can’t or won’t sing live to save their life is referred to as the princess of pop. Really? It is sickening that there are so many talented ppl in the world that go unnoticed when all she has to do is get on stage lip synch/mime and sell millions of records.

MF is an airhead. Maybe, if she stop trying to become Angelina 2.0 I might be able to stand her. The ridiculous things that come out of her mouth just screams, ‘NOTICE ME!!!!!!!!!’ She comes off as trying way to hard.

All the men listed deserve A-list. But, I think Wesley is more B/C+ list.

GP, no words.

Angelina……sigh. Let’s move on

3. Kate said on February 14th, 2010 at 1:09 am

Well if we are going by the true standard then only JN and WS, if we are going by tabloids and celebrity then I suppose we can throw in all of them up to a point with AJ leading. jmo An A list movie star should be able to carry a film alone and bring in a profit and make a good 20 mil for their performance. Will is the only one that can do that right now. Certainly not AJ. But if we are going by who sells the most tabloids, then hands down, she wins.

4. Tinkuy said on February 14th, 2010 at 4:40 am

DUH … none of them!

5. Reality Check said on February 14th, 2010 at 6:25 am

I didn’t even know that Kiefer Sutherland was an A-list actor – I’m surprised. I have nothing against him but he is a good actor at best. As a matter of fact, most of the people in these pictures are people who had more luck than extraordinary talent, as far as I’m concerned.

The common denominator between Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow and Kiefer Sutherland is they had a famous daddy in Hollywood, so they had no problem getting famous in their twenties. It is a truth universally acknowledged that if you have a famous daddy in Hollywood, you have the inside track.

I’m sure that HW is full of actors who are far more talented and easy on the eye than those three but we never get to hear about them because they can’t count on family connections in the movie business. However, whatever I said above does not apply to Jack Nicholson – he is and has always been the real thing.

6. marty said on February 14th, 2010 at 7:37 am

Jack Nicholson, Robert DeNiro, Michael Douglas, and a handful of others are and always will be A-List regardless of their age. These all rake in big bucks with number one movies on the market. However Will Smith, Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts,Gwyneth Paltrow, Cameron Diaz, Demi Moore,Nicholas Cage, Bruce Willis,Maryl Streep, Brad Pitt (this last one lately his popularity as well as movies are going down) (forgive me if I misspelled her name or others here) are all A-List because of the same reason. Angelina, Keith Sutherland, John Travolta, Jackie Chan, Dennis Quaid,The Rock, Meg Ryan and others are B-category. I don’t recall seeing an Angelina movie being number one in the charts and raking in big bucks (like over 30 million) Also I don’t neither recall a star in the Hollywood Hall of Fame for Angie, except for Keith Sutherland (thanks to the 24 tv series) Correct me if I’m wrong.
    So Ian, your list is not correct either, IMO. Wesley Snipes (another B plus actor), Britney, Megan Fox and Angelina Jolie has not make a memorable movie or performed in a memorable manner to deserve the title of A-Lister, IMHO. The only thing Angie inspired after her lousy performance is resentment, hatred, jeolosy and millions of people trying to tell her to go back to acting school, loose her irratic accent and in the way there stop by the phsycology’s office and make an appointment to have a check up from the neck up… just kidding…or not?

7. mooki said on February 14th, 2010 at 8:54 am

Angie: definite b-list despite Oscar (Brad is A-list which is the funny part)
    Gwyneth and Chris: both are b-list (Gwyneth has an Oscar, Chris has a few Grammys w/ Coldplay though)
    Wesley Snipes: c-list formerly b-list
    Kiefer Sutherland: A-list TV, b-list film
    Britney: tough one to call
    Will Smith: b-list formerly a-list
    Jack Nicholson: perrenial a-lister
    Megan Fox: c-lister, will never get above it unless she takes a daring role (she looks like Rumer Willis in that photo)

8. joanne said on February 14th, 2010 at 11:19 am

I just watched Joan Collins in The Bitch and The Stud. She put our so called ’sexiest woman’ to shame. I would go with Wesley Snipes. He can do serious and comedy and keep me intertained.

9. joanne said on February 14th, 2010 at 11:21 am

I don’t know why I spell entertain with an i, just a bad habit since I do it most of the time. ss.

10. I'm on the bidet said on February 14th, 2010 at 12:24 pm

There are all sorts of angles to defining who is ‘A-List’, from mathematical ones based on based on movie income of a star to their cultural popularity, leading to ambiguity even within a single publication.

Forbes magazine didn’t include AJ as one of their most ‘bankable stars’ based on financial return to the studio after compensation:

But, Forbes does identify AJ as the most powerful celebrity in the world:

Pitt and Aniston are identified as in the top 10 most powerful (whatever ‘power’ means) as well, but while Aniston made the ‘bankable’ list Jolie did not. Both Forbes articles are from 2009.

Note how fickle these lists can be – note that Tiger Woods was #5 on the most powerful list, I’m kind of doubting he’ll be there in lists made for 2010.

11. marty said on February 14th, 2010 at 1:43 pm

@Kate:
    thanks Kate, I always appreciate your comments which I value however I don’t think being in the tabloids makes Angelina an ALister. First of all she doesn’t deserve it because of the double standards she lives her life on. Such as her own comments: ” I wouldn’t go out with a married man” but she did. ” I am not pregnant” but she was. ” We have an open relationship” but alledgely gets angry if Brad talks to any woman. And many other quote I can’t think of right now. “A double minded man (or woman) is unstable in all the ways” an old proverb from the Big Book.
    Secondly, being on the tabloids shouldn’t define a person’s character. OJ Simpson was on the tabloids for the Crime of the Century for more than a year; Jeffrey Dahner was on the tabloids for years. In another words, every scum bag who is not a decent member of society and contributed to crime, falsehood or any negative action was and still is in the tabloids, past or present.
    I could name a considerably large AList FYI members of society regardless of their position in Hollywood such as Lawyers, actors, musician, directors, producers,etc. On the other hand I couldn’t name a reason why AJ deserves to be AList or think that she is already an ALister. The only ALister she has going on her life was her man, I meant her current man. So she could be AList by association, that’s it. Or she could change all the above and become a decent member of society by “Doing the Right Thing”, taking the decent roles on movies instead of the ‘vampy’ ones. Almost like the “A Mighty Heart” which she stole alledgely frolm Aniston. What a waste although she wasn’t that bad but she needed to work on her accent. She can be a definitely role model for her children if she change her ways and maybe then she will be closer to the AList tittle she desperately needs.

12. jan/sa said on February 14th, 2010 at 1:48 pm

kieth sutherland has always been a good actor and if he is not a-list but b-list then peewee is c- and jolie as well. lots of people would rather see a movie of will smith than b&aj as he is a better actor and good at action and comedy. britney is more b-list but i enjoy her music more than the morons movies. i think jen makes movies that the romantic and women in general like to watch although i enjoyed her derailed with clive owen and wish she would do more of those types of movies. i blame the movie bosses that do not make movies for women with strong roles and they are made to play romcoms or slutty action movies.
    jolie will soon be regualated to mommy and older woman roles like the grandma if she does not get her act together as she looks old and sickly so maybe she should stay at home and become a mother and housevrou to grandpa p as his should be retiring soon as i think his roles are drying up because he is not aging well and is becoming boring and who wants to watch a man that is a so, so actor that looks like the a hobo on the street. jmo

13. joanne said on February 14th, 2010 at 6:44 pm

I was thinking of someone else when I said Wesley Snipes, he is ok but not alist. I guess getting an oscar automatically makes you alist? Jolie is not alist, she is a respected actors plastic daughter who has someones money pushing her down our throats. None of the above should be on that list.

14. Roses... said on February 14th, 2010 at 10:00 pm

Jack and maybe Will once his body of work increases…That’s it…

15. Pffft said on February 15th, 2010 at 7:39 am

Are you guys serious? Hate her all you want, AJ is an A-list star. Tabloids love to hate her because of that very reason…. she sells magazines, therefore she is an A-list star. Everyone knows her name, people wait on her to attend red carpet events and her movies have done well at the box office, you can´t take that away from her.

That being said, JN is probably teh biggest star on that list. No doubt. KS had one great movie, that it!

16. joanne said on February 15th, 2010 at 2:52 pm

Selling rag mags makes you an Alister? So that means the Kardasians, octomom and Gosslins are Alisters? I didn’t realize it was so easy to become an Alister.

17. Keane Cyber Queen Supreme said on February 15th, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Who really is an A-lister these days, in any field? Who would I call A-list right now: Beyonce and Jay Z. Ummmm…. I really can’t think of anyone else off the top of my head. A lot of people who I would have called A-list a few years ago seem to have slipped lately, because of the economy possibly or just the fact that they’re getting older and their star is waning (I think a lot of celebs are suffering from this lately). There are the new ones coming up of course, but they haven’t quite got there yet. I actually can’t think of anyone else I’d call A-list. Johnny Depp maybe, Keira Knightley, who else is there?

18. Keane Cyber Queen Supreme said on February 15th, 2010 at 3:14 pm

@Keane Cyber Queen Supreme:

And if you think I would call Lady Gaga A-list you’ve got another thing coming! Oh…. so is that Angelina’s M.O. then? Now she has effectively dragged Brad down off the A-list she is looking for her next victim to try to maintain her A(-) list status? So it’s Johnny Depp or Gaga is it? Who else is there really? Hey, these aren’t just difficult times for us civillians, celebs are suffering in this economy too. There aren’t enough A-listers to keep hitching that ride to the top on for poor Angie Jo. Shame!

19. Keane Cyber Queen Supreme said on February 15th, 2010 at 3:15 pm

@Keane Cyber Queen Supreme:

Ok so now I am talking to myself. Helloooo!!!!!! Anybody out there? I have the norovirus, please entertain me!

20. mooki said on February 17th, 2010 at 7:32 am

@Keane Cyber Queen Supreme:

Beyonce and Jay-Z: definitely a-listers
    Depp: a-lister
    Gaga: b-lister
    Angie: borderline a-list/b-list
    Keira Knightley: b-list

21. Debbie said on February 18th, 2010 at 5:37 am

I don’t Know their all on my shitlist!