George Clooney Wants to Know How You Would Change The World

Posted on October 7th, 2009 by HisHighness in IUC:Bits, IUC:Entertainment

george_clooney_swimming_mid_air_jumpPhilanthropist and Hollywood swinger George Clooney wants to know how you would change the world. Perhaps this is George’s entree into a career move to the UN – which he has got deeply involved in this video project. Your thoughts please!(READ MORE)

1. Tamara said on October 7th, 2009 at 7:32 am

Ian, I can’t connect to the story, gives me an error message. If everyone else is getting the same error, maybe you could fix that so we can read the article? Thank you! xoxo

2. Gitano said on October 7th, 2009 at 8:16 am

Looking forward to seeing Men Who Stare At Goats.

3. jan/sa said on October 7th, 2009 at 8:47 am

give me your money and leisure time georgy and i will show you how to really change the world for the poor and needy. deff not buying and selling expensive houses and living in a different castle evey 6 months. the rich have so much to tell us poor working stiffs but it is easy to talk when you have every thing you want. we all do our share in our own way and do not have to advertise it like the pr ho of hollywierd jmo

4. cuze said on October 7th, 2009 at 9:28 am

Good lord, Ian where did you find this picture of George Clooney?

5. mooki said on October 7th, 2009 at 9:51 am

Kirstie Alley checks into “fat farm”, according to Enquirer

6. mooki said on October 7th, 2009 at 10:33 am

ABC becoming Fox News. Cokie Roberts demanding that Polanski be “taken to a back alley and shot”. (!!!!!)

7. Pattyanne said on October 7th, 2009 at 10:35 am

Ooposey IAN… “Error 404 – Not Found” Page not found, guess that means i can’t read it. I do enjoy GC though, he’s a fantastic actor.

To effectively “change the world” i firmly believe one must begin at home. There are so many issues in our nation that need to be addressed. Unemployment, lack of health care at affordable costs, cost of living, homelessness. I could go on and on, but I am sure GC is very aware of all of this, even though his main residence is in Italy. So, i would tell GC to , “Begin At Home”.

8. DebFrmHell said on October 7th, 2009 at 12:16 pm

DebFrmHell said on October 7th, 2009 at 11:31 am .
    I guess Ian Halperin thinks that being one of the ONLY TEN UN Messengers of Peace is just a fluke or a typo in Clooney’s resume.

R-E-S-E-A-R-C-H.

From the UN website.
    George Clooney

A committed human rights advocate, the United States actor George Clooney was designated as a United Nations Messenger of Peace in January 2008. Using his global appeal and wide ranging talents as an actor, producer, screen writer and director, Mr. Clooney has focused public attention on crucial international political and social issues while diligently working to mobilize political action against the violence in Darfur.

The actor’s efforts toward ending the Darfur crisis have included a private trip with his father in 2006 to the war-torn region, as well as trips to China and Egypt, and serving as executive producer and narrator of a 2007 documentary, “Sand and Sorrow”. This documentary follows human rights activists as they visit refugee camps along the Chad-Sudan border and includes interviews with experts from Khartoum to London to New York that chronicle the ongoing tragedy.

In September 2006, Mr. Clooney spoke to members of the Security Council at an “Arria formula” meeting along with Messenger of Peace Elie Wiesel, Nobel Laureate and Holocaust survivor. The “Arria formula” is a vehicle by which non-governmental actors can address the United Nations Security Council outside the official sessions.

In April 2007, Mr. Clooney and several other leaders in the United States film industry co-founded “Not On Our Watch,” a non-profit organization using influential people in the arts to capture global attention and resources as a way to combat mass atrocities around the world. Helping bring about a resolution to the Darfur crisis is the organization’s first official mission.

As a Messenger of Peace, he will help raise public awareness and support for United Nations peacekeeping efforts around the world.

**Notice that unlike Jolie, Clooney was asked to join.**

**sorry if this post twice. I got my gmail account wrong on the first one**

9. Pattyanne said on October 7th, 2009 at 1:08 pm

@mooki:
    Thanks for that URL mooki, i have to say i’m in complete agreement with Cookie Robert’s feelings about Palanski’s horrific attack on a young girl. I’m shocked and stunned at some of the HW stars who are in support of his release, apparently they feel it’s socially acceptible for an adult male to drug, rape and sodomize a 13 y/o child. Castration is too good for him~!

10. Tamara said on October 7th, 2009 at 6:58 pm

@DebFrmHell:
    Deb, Im just wondering, where in this article do you get that Ian thinks this is a fluke or a typo? He says he is deeply involved. Why all the Ian bashiing today? Im not trying to pick a fight, I think we all know Clooney is really serious about this, I didn’t get that Ian was making light of his hard work, what makes you think so??

11. Ms Agatha said on October 7th, 2009 at 7:15 pm

What’s a ” Hollywood Swinger ” ? ….. sounds inetresting …lol

12. kate said on October 7th, 2009 at 10:56 pm

Maybe you could start by distancing yourself from your pal Berlusconi, who squelches free press and sees all women as whores. Oh, I forgot, your latest was indeed one of his ‘girls’, wasn’t she? Clooney is all talk, but his day to day actions never reflect it, allthough he’s become the king of the Euro trash set.

13. Alif said on October 8th, 2009 at 2:53 am

What would I do? Like most others, I start at home. It all begins there. For those who follow a religion, it involves prayer to God.

I do connect with politicians in a public way. Don’t know any personally. It certainly takes a lot of one’s time. And, some of us not that well off financially; well the dollar has to stretch further.
    Then too, there is the constant solicitations from politicians and charities.

For me, I do the best I can to pray. Being a weak christian, I still try to do what I can. Does this make sense?
    In other words, this is not a priest, or someone in a monastery, praying.

I would tell George that he is doing just fine; at least compared to other celebrities.

If you read this, George; I love to listen to your late aunt, Rosie, sing “Beautiful Brown Eyes”. What a treat!
    And I mean to see more of your movies. I loved “Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?”