Merci Quebec – Laliberte Demands Book Be Removed – Check out Page Six; TV Host Arthur Claims former Quebec leader Robert Bourassa was Gay

Posted on June 11th, 2009 by HisHighness in IUC:Entertainment, IUC:Exclusive

Had a great time in Quebec City with the amazing folks at CHEQ FM, CHOI FM, Marto. and the incomparable Andre Arthur.  Arthur’s a class act – much different in person than he’s portrayed by the media.  Arthur told me that former Quebec Premier Robert Bourassa was gay and a perverted child molester.  I’ll release more on this in the next few days along with video clips on youtube of my trip.

Meanwhile, Cirque founder Guy Laliberte seems livid about the release of my tome on him.  Late Tuesday, his lawyers demanded that every bookstore remove the book.  This is unacceptable!  Check out today’s Page Six story (Page Six) I’m confident freedom of the press and freedom of expression laws will keep the book in stores, which has already sold 20,000 copies.  To order the book while it’s still around please visit www.transitmedias.com

1. ladybert62 said on June 11th, 2009 at 9:49 am

Wow – a child molester? Dang, that is a serious charge about Robert Bourassa – even if I dont know who he is! (Glad you are expanding my horizons of the world Ian! :P )

2. ladybert62 said on June 11th, 2009 at 9:50 am

So is a Quebec Premiere – like a Governor of a state or a Mayor of a city in the US?

3. Canuck said on June 11th, 2009 at 9:56 am

A Premier is the elected head official of a Province, so the equivalent of that in a State. Whoever is the top dog, power-wise…

4. ladybert62 said on June 11th, 2009 at 10:01 am

@Canuck:
    Thanks Canuck! :P

5. Patty Anne said on June 11th, 2009 at 10:15 am

Amazing the dark secrets of some of the most powerful people in politics. :-(

6. ladybert62 said on June 11th, 2009 at 10:25 am

@Patty Anne:
    Yes it is sad – unfortunately, these dark things have been occurring in human history since the beginning. What is amazing to me is the openness that the public now has to exposing these actions – just think back to the 1960’s when a gay had to closeted to be accepted by the general public and the topic of child molestation (even though it did occur) would never have been discussed in public! Interesting how society has changed in just 40 years!

7. Patty Anne said on June 11th, 2009 at 10:34 am

How sad and true that is. Look at Angelina for example, a homewrecking whore, yet the victim, the wife, is bashed to pieces while so many form a fan club to praise the homewrecking whore. I find that lack of moral standard more frightening than any change in society today. Bad is good!!! Good is punnished!!! God is forbidden in public buildings! B.S. This nation was founded on In God We Trust!! It’s on our money, our official stamps, etc. Why are we as a whole in society not standing up for what is right? true? good?@ladybert62:

8. ladybert62 said on June 11th, 2009 at 10:42 am

@Patty Anne:
    Oh goodness – am not gonna go there Patty Anne – “right, true and good” are such culturally relative terms and when it comes to discussing god and applying those terms to god, well, that is an area that I usually avoid discussing with anyone except hubby because it raises such emotions in people that reason vanishes! I respect how you feel and generally agree (can’t totally deny 14 years of Catholic education) but being an atheist now puts me in a bind so I usually avoid discussing these things especially in this public arena! :P

9. Patty Anne said on June 11th, 2009 at 10:45 am

Very wise of you, i should not have mentioned it on a public forum Usually discussions of God and/or politics bring about arguments and we certainly have had enough of them in the last week….Notice how relatively peaceful it’s been lately? I”m so glad for that!@ladybert62:

10. Ms Agatha said on June 11th, 2009 at 10:53 am

IAN
    Hope you are going to beat Laliberte in court but :
    How you are going to beat him to the stars ? Time is running out. As it turns out he has booked himself a ticket into orbit on the Russian Soyuz TMA-16 spacecraft. set to launch at the end of September, as part of a grand commemoration of the 25th anniversary of Cirque. Is this a PR stunt, or is he indeed getting up there as a paying guest of the Russians ? Imagine how many ‘ fresh drops of water ‘ he can get to places worldwide for the kind of money he is spending on this joyride, his aid organization ‘ one drop ‘ may be a good thing but if he goes through with this, I cannot see how his joyride can bring him any positive PR with regard to bringing attention to the ‘ poor of the world ‘ .

11. ladybert62 said on June 11th, 2009 at 11:00 am

@Patty Anne:
    Glad you understand Patty Anne! Nothing personal – I have just witnessed too many family and friends arguing about such things (and in the past getting emotionally involved myself in the argument) and then watching it escalate almost out of control. So I avoid such discussions now except with hubby! :D

12. ladybert62 said on June 11th, 2009 at 11:12 am

Question to Ian – was this book published in the US or Canada? And does Canada have similar freedom of speech rights as those in the US? If your book was published in US, it is probably safe here for distribution and sale even if they remove it in Canada. But if your book was published in Canada, can the sale of it be stopped in Canada and US? Interesting issues you have raised! (P.S. Am greatly looking forward to the Brangelina tome!) :P

13. d said on June 11th, 2009 at 11:51 am

YAWN

14. Keane's Cat said on June 11th, 2009 at 12:26 pm

Didn’t Robert Bourassa study at Oxford? Mommy, look, for once your “expertise” is required. Please put down your fork and regale us with a fascinating lecture. MEOW!

15. PN said on June 11th, 2009 at 12:32 pm

16. PN said on June 11th, 2009 at 12:33 pm

20,000 copies within a week for a book that is likely only available online or in very select locales in Canada? That’s an incredible feat since even selling 5,000 copies in Canada is usually enough to make the bestsellers list, this book should surely be near the top then! As a comparison, the book on A-Rod, which was published in stores worldwide by a major publisher and received unprecedented media attention with hundreds of thousands of articles and reports about it and plenty of controversy behind it, still only shifted 16,000 after a whole month..

17. mia said on June 11th, 2009 at 1:16 pm

I hope that Guy Laliberte sues the c.rap out of you Ian! Fact is that the freedom of speech wasn`t intended as an excuse for defamatory and baseless claims by selfdeclaired journalists such as Ian Halperin. That is clearly an ABUSE of the freedom of the press!

18. Lisa said on June 11th, 2009 at 3:24 pm

@mia:

Mia, if you would get your head out of your ass and read the articles in the Quebec press, you would realize that Laliberte’s legal threat is not related to anything disputed in the book. It has to do with a Quebec publication ban on certain facts about a domestic dispute that he’s involved in. He is not actually threatening to sue for libel or defamation or even charging that any of the facts in the book are false. If you read the book, you will see that it is very favorable to Laliberte and is not defamatory in any way, unless you think the fact that he is known to have drug-fuelled orgies at his Grand Prix parties is defamatory. Everybody in Quebec knows this already. The book goes to great lengths to emphasize that Laliberte is a good guy, a humanitarian and a great father. If anything, it is too nice to him, considering it is an “unauthorized” biography. If I were more cynical, I would think that Laliberte paid Ian to write it.

19. mooki said on June 11th, 2009 at 6:05 pm

did anybody read the cover story in this week’s People about Brangelina? Pure BS…
    (basically their PR people claim that all the truth about them is rumor. wtf?!?!)

20. ladybert62 said on June 11th, 2009 at 6:12 pm

@mooki:
    Hi Mooki – no I didnt read it! Sounds like it might have been funny! :P

21. HealThoid said on June 11th, 2009 at 6:32 pm

Interesting… But what sign on novelties of the news?

22. keane said on June 12th, 2009 at 5:24 am

@ Lisa – poor Mia that does not at all fit with her world view that Ian is an evil defamer and muckraker and we are all jellis h8rs etc, I can see how it would be difficult for her to understand. Maybe the world isn’t quite as black and white as you think mia hey?

23. mia said on June 12th, 2009 at 5:59 am

@keane:

Obviously YOU think that the world is black and white: white like your worshipped hero Ian and black like “the evil Jolie” like some call her here. Well life has many shades of grey but you are clearly not able to see it!

24. Keane said on June 12th, 2009 at 8:43 am

@mia:

Mia, mia, mia, try to give it up with the inflammatory posts, they don’t get you anywhere. By saying that I worship Ian and think AJ is “evil” you instantly enact the very thing you accuse me of. Saying I “worship” Ian is the stupid, over-the-top assumption of the loon and the troll, saying I think Ange is “evil” is also inaccurate. I have never said that I think she is, although I always find Ladybert62’s description of her as such amusing in a cartoonish way. I think she is “Hitler smart”, which is not at all the same thing as saying I think she is evil. Extraordinarily selfish, ambitious, manipulative and emotionless? Yes. Evil? No. I usually confine that epithet to murderers, rapists and war criminals. Grow up!

25. Keane's Cat said on June 12th, 2009 at 1:58 pm

Don’t worry sweetie. You’re arguing with a woman who stuffs her bra with my hairballs.@mia:

26. Hey, nice post, really well written. You should post more about this.

27. Patty Anne said on June 12th, 2009 at 2:33 pm

Lmao! And look at you! You think you are a talking cat! Lmao@Keane’s Cat:

28. Chris G. said on June 12th, 2009 at 3:36 pm

@Keane, both you and Kate have repeatedly used this “Hitler smart” (or in Kate’s case, “evil like Hitler”) analogy to describe Angelina. I personally think both analogies are completely tasteless and absurd. Using Hitler and Angelina in the same sentence for any reason sets a new low standard. Hitler was a political leader who used his power to conduct a barbaric, racially-motivated genocide, whereas Angelina is nothing more than an actress and media fodder. You could have easily called her manipulative and so on without throwing in the word Hitler, which is synonymous to EVIL no matter how you try to spin it.

29. ladybert62 said on June 12th, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Dear Ian, Sugar Ray or Ms. NineCents: Could one of you make new post soon? Thanks. :P

30. Keane said on June 12th, 2009 at 4:04 pm

@Chris G.:

Take your arguments to Dawn from Glosslip, she’s the one who coined it, I can’t take credit for that one as much as I’m sure you’d like to give it to me. BTW I think she meant “Hitler-smart” in relation to how Angelina has managed to manipulate everyone and everything around her to swiftly become the most powerful celebrity in the world, rather like Hitler used propagada and a devastating PR campaign to take control of Germany and launch his attacks on the rest of Europe. The holocaust was without doubt the most appalling element of his regime, but it was obviously not the part that Dawn was referring to when she referenced him.

31. Keane said on June 12th, 2009 at 4:13 pm

@Patty Anne:

Hey hun, how you doing today? BTW we have another PR expert in the house, this one has a PHD in PR and has a stellar career doing the very same thing in London town no less. She is here to right the wrongs of everything I have said about Angelina’s PR because she believes I am being grossly unfair to her etc. She is also obviously bringing Jen Aniston into it as usual because obviously this all about her (?!). She is apparently only here though because of her “anger at and yes interest in” me hilariously, nothing whatsoever to do with the stories or Ian or anything else. Just me (eyeroll). She did however begin by penning a post telling us all that what we were discussing here was so not worth it and we should all do something better with our lives (coming from someone who works in PR I think that is rather rich!) She also firmly believes that London is not the crime capital of the UK (?!). She goes by the name of “walk away”. SO here we go again folks, its groundhog day in IUC. I’m sure she’lls top by to tell us how little we know about anything any time soon!

32. Togi said on June 12th, 2009 at 4:21 pm

@Keane:
    KEANE!!!!!! DON’T EVEN READ THIS GARBAGE. IT IS RIDICULOUS AND AWFUL. IT’S A COOP. “THEY” ARE TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE SITE!!!! ;-)

33. ladybert62 said on June 12th, 2009 at 4:33 pm

@Togi:
    Hi Togi – nice to see you. I agree, just push the “mental ignore” button and get on with life and enjoying the others on the site! :P :D

34. Hey, nice post, really well written. You should blog more about this. I’ll certainly be subscribing.

35. Patty Anne said on June 12th, 2009 at 4:38 pm

Keane, they are doing their best to make you an internet Celebrity A-Lister. If Angelina Jolie, A Celebrity, had no fans, there would be no topics of discussion on her – good or bad….same goes with you Keane. The huge efforts to discuss, analyze and theorize you astound me! I’ve never actually been privy to the birth of a celebrity, but it seems to be occuring here. Celebrity: ” important person, influential person, personage – a person whose actions and opinions strongly influence the course of events” That is the official definition of Celebrity according to FreeDictionary.Com. If you didn’t have that quality that sets you apart from the crowd, there wouldn’t be so many Loons who come here specifically to attack you and your beliefs, or another blog with goodness knows how many pages concerning just you on it’s site. This seems to be fairly unique unto you, and perhaps IAN. We can understand IAN getting such attention from masses, as he’s a published author of controversial topics, you , however, are a very nice English lady of higher learning who is passing time on the blog, posting your personal take on subject matter here. When attacked, you defend. It would be normal for any healthy human being to strike back under repeated strikes from unknowns who only come to this site for that purpose: Attacking you. Why, one extremely despicible act was to steal your name from you to post as you. Amazing what lows some will stoop to simply to attack you for your OPINIONS! Makes me wonder about my fellow man, morals on the net, and general fellowship. Togi was right, just gloss over the posting, and choose to ignore it. After all Keane, you are now a Star! @Keane:

36. Keane said on June 12th, 2009 at 4:47 pm

@Patty Anne:

Ha ha ha! Thanks all, I just find it hilarious how I seem to be more of a problem to them than Ian even. I guess they just find it much easier to write Ian off as a “muckraker” or whatever. Its not so easy to do that with me so it seems they’re getting a few little bees in their bonnet about it! I just found “walk away” especially funny because she was advising us all to walk away but can’t stop posting herself and attacked me for saying that London was the crime capital of the UK when everyone in the UK (and probably most of the world) knows it is, even when she allegedly lives in one of the most crime-ridden, dangerous parts of the city! And she honestly will not give it up, saying it depends “what type of crime ” we’re talking about and listing a few other UK cities just to prove she’s heard of them. This is our PR expert with not only a degree but a Phd in PR. Uh, yes!

37. ladybert62 said on June 12th, 2009 at 4:53 pm

@Keane:
    But Dang, Keane, she is a really good typist! I only saw 1 typo in her long post! Maybe she missed her calling and should have gone into typesetting! (Just a little joshing on the internet!) :P

38. Patty Anne said on June 12th, 2009 at 4:56 pm

You nearly got it Keane….but the part you missed is this – IAN = Keane = Kate = Patty anne = IAN and so on and so on. How people living in today’s society, with so many horrendous occurances around the globe, war in Iraq, Madonna changing Malawian laws to get the child she wants to adopt, The French plane crashing with all aboard killed….and all they can go around and around over is you Keane. And second guessing this site. I’ve not been here but maybe three weeks at most, has it always been this important here? Amazing! I used to frequent FF for about a year, posted there a lot on the Brad/Angie thingie, but with my other nickname. Strange how i am so well liked on FF under that long established nickname on FF, but using my favorite one here, i’m a , well fill in any blank you wish….but…it tells a lot about the hostility directed toward this site from that one dosen’t it? I understand Kate was so hurt because she became “friends” with many over there using the same nickname…i can see how that would hurt someone. Betrayal? Depends upon which side of the fence you are looking from as to who did what to whom. The only two sites on the net that agreed with the take on Brangeloonies and Brangelina, and infighting has to start. JJ was friendlier i think….but…it’s just tiny words typed on a screen, and when you shut your computer down, get up from your desk and leave the office, it’s all behind you, not important at all….so, it dosen’t bother me one bit. Remember Keane, all those miserable little words are still trapped inside your monitor….where they can’t affect your real life…it’s like a bad movie you walked out on…not worth the time …. You’re okay g/f in my book. Glad i followed a kind meaning thread on FF and came over here awhile ago….i have truly enjoyed each and every one of you….@Keane:

39. Patty Anne said on June 12th, 2009 at 5:00 pm

Lol….bingo! I was a GS 7 Civil Service Government Clerk for a number of years….so i’m cheating here when i type…wink!!@ladybert62:

40. ladybert62 said on June 12th, 2009 at 5:04 pm

@Patty Anne:
    Glad I made you laugh Patty Anne! So, what do you think, since it seems only you and I and Keane are talking to each other, do you think that “stranger in a strange land” Madonna bribed an official to get sweet little “Mercy” ? That is my opinion. :P

41. mooki said on June 12th, 2009 at 5:08 pm

Miley Cyrus and her people hung up on 4 (yes 4) radio stations today when they tried to pry into why Jamie Foxx never personally apologized to her over that incident a few months back, and why she’s “hooking up” w/ Nick Jonas again. Yet, she revealed all to a Nashville radio station (she’s from TN). Can anybody reveal anything about Disney’s gestapo-like PR tactics? I know from various sources that their stars have to take classes (yes, as in schooling) as part of dealing with “the tough media questions”.

42. Keane said on June 12th, 2009 at 5:09 pm

@Patty Anne:

Wow I did not know that, I guess that throws a bit of a spanner in the works with their whole you are me/Kate/Ian theory etc hey? Hilarious! Sorry I was just finding this particular “lady” particularly hilarious! She now says she came to this site with an agenda and her agenda was “proffessional research” – yes she spelt it with two F’s and I am now beginning to wonder what her genuine “profession” is! She is apparently seriously disturbed by me and what I have written over the past few years and wonder why I am so “strangely nice” to all you “cretinous ladies”! Ha ha, sorry girls, she’s not pulling any punches about you lot either! Don’t worry I’m not bothered by this one at all, I just find her especially funny and she has been giving me a very good laugh!x

43. Keane said on June 12th, 2009 at 5:11 pm

@ladybert62:

Ha ha ha! Yes she was an ok typist but her grammar and spelling left rather a lot to be desired! Maybe we should recommend she abandons the PR and pursues a career in the typing pool? I think she has missed her calling!

44. Patty Anne said on June 12th, 2009 at 5:14 pm

You know that Madonna bribed several officials, Hell, she got the law of Malawia changed from requiring an 18 month residency prior to adopting to becoming an instant thing! More will be the harm to other children now though i fear…she has broken down the protective gates of the orphanages and allowed anyone to enter. With so many pediphiles in the world, it scares the crap out of me to think of what she’s done…..@ladybert62:

45. ladybert62 said on June 12th, 2009 at 5:14 pm

@mooki:
    The “schooling” doesn’t surprise me as the studios in the “old days” used to totally control their property (oops, I mean stars) to a horrendous extent – entirely controlling their lives to the point of who they married, when and if they married, divorced, had kids – well, you get the picture. And from what I can surmise they have invested quite a lot of moneu in Ms. Miley so they are just trying to protect their investment! I am quite the innocent when it comes to these p/r games that they all play and still find it all quite strange with the rumors, counter rumors, counter-counter rumors (dang, sounds like litigation!). So, I have absolutely no insight to give you! But it was nice talking to you again Mooki! :P

46. ladybert62 said on June 12th, 2009 at 5:15 pm

@Patty Anne:
    I agree with you totally! :D

47. ladybert62 said on June 12th, 2009 at 5:16 pm

@Keane:
    Hi Keane – you are correct – that is why I suggested “typesetting” instead of anything else involving writing! :P

48. Patty Anne said on June 12th, 2009 at 5:17 pm

Lol….i can tell! Most likely she’s with a group of like kind friends, and all are contributing questions to ask you to “out” you…lmao. She’s the appointed offering to come here with their ajenda. Pitty her Keane, she’s only making your even more of an Internet Celebrity!!! Think of the hits IAN is receiving due to your popularity? Your are a diamond in her tiara!….lol@Keane:

49. ladybert62 said on June 12th, 2009 at 5:18 pm

@Keane:
    I know, I just ignored the slams she provided about my evil Ms. Jolie etc etc. “mental ignore” started flashing brightly! Ha ha !

50. Keane said on June 12th, 2009 at 5:19 pm

@mooki:

As far as I know vritually all celebs are given “media training” to learn how to deal with journalists’ questions, and what to and what not to say, so yes there is no doubt that Disney give their brats a lot of it, especially as kids are more likely to be caught out by journos than adults. Sorry I don’t know what you mean about the radio thing though, what was the Jamie Foxx thing? Sounds interesting. There was also that thing where she said she was so angry because Radiohead refused to meet her and they said “when Miley grows up she will learn not to have such a sense of entitlement” which was totally hilarious. Was it something along those lines by any chance?!

51. Patty Anne said on June 12th, 2009 at 5:19 pm

I read today that Miley’s elder sister is now persuing a singing career…i wonder if she will pose in some of those suggestive positions with daddy Billy Rae that Miley did….@ladybert62:

52. Patty Anne said on June 12th, 2009 at 5:34 pm

Cher’s daughter Chastity Bono has announced she is having gender transfer surgery soon. Supposedly so she can marry her long time lover legally in California. She intends to call herself Chaz Bono. I wish her luck with her plans and her / his new life. Can’t be easy.

53. Keane's Cat said on June 12th, 2009 at 10:34 pm

IT’S A COOP! The 101st Chairborne are seizing the Keyboard Monkeys in a bloody, feather encrusted coop!

54. backalleyknees said on June 13th, 2009 at 1:09 am

This is to no one in particular. I just read a thread at celebitchy about JA attending a charity event for Congalese women. Reading the comments on this thread made me seriously upset. The main gist is JA is a dirty c*nt, whore, slut who is riding AJ’s coattails in charity. She never cared etc. ect. and she’s just a shallow, dirty lesbian who needs a life and needs to stop haning out with Courtney Cox and Sheryl Crow who actually give a sh*t about charity. I am seriously angry. Please go visit this thread and feel free to make comments. I’m getting ready to go ape-shit on the loons.

55. mooki said on June 13th, 2009 at 6:49 am

@Keane:

Jamie Foxx’s rant on Miley:

of course Disney sent him a cease and desist/”apology” and he did it, albeit grudgingly, on Leno:

56. Harikari girl said on June 13th, 2009 at 9:29 am

@ladybert62:
    One of Madonna’s closest ‘friends’ in Malawi is, I believe, the VP of the country. If the VP of Malawi is female, then that’s the woman. She always goes behind closed doors for her and pleads her case.

57. Harikari girl said on June 13th, 2009 at 9:44 am

@ladybert62:
    Walk down any of their quaintly named streets for 5 minutes and you’ll feel like you’re in the most humorless, staid, paranoid and just plain damn cold studio there is. Maybe it has to do with old Walt having been such a bastard and then freezing himself upon death… When Disney was negotiating with Spielberg a couple of months ago, you would have thought that the NSA and CIA had swept down in Burbank. They also have no qualms about breaking contracts with vendors and others (except of course Bruckheimer and now, Spielberg).

58. Inspectorising said on June 15th, 2009 at 7:13 pm

@PN:Oh. Ian tends to exaggerate … OFTEN. His last book about Hollywood only sold 58 copies. The man is a joke. He’s a legend in his own lunchbox, and possibly that of Keane, Kate etc.

59. Inspectorising said on June 15th, 2009 at 7:17 pm

@Patty Anne:Keane’s talking to herself AGAIN !!!!!

60. AlexAxe said on June 21st, 2009 at 1:00 am

Thanks for article. Everytime like to read you.

61. Runes of Magic Gold said on June 13th, 2010 at 6:35 am

Great articles & Nice a site!!

62. Felipa Giessinger said on May 24th, 2011 at 6:58 pm

Hello, this is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting in your blog especially on how to determine the topic. keep up the good work.

63. [...] Halperin está dispuesto a ir a juicio alegando libertad de prensa. Él mismo ha informado en su blog de que ya se han vendido 20.000 copias de la [...]

64. [...] Source: ianundercover.com [...]

65. hWinetst said on September 17th, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Hello…

My life,vist ithttp://deborahr11.wordpress.com/ ,Thanks….