IUC Exclusive: Britney’s Return to Stage tonight Includes Magic Tricks, lots of Lip Synch and lots of Worries by Family and Friends

Posted on March 3rd, 2009 by HisHighness in IUC:Entertainment, IUC:Exclusive

Tonight, New Orleans will brace itself for  the return of turbulent pop star Britney Spears.  People in Brit’s camp have questioned whether or not the idea of a comeback for Brit is the best thing.  “I’ll be there cheering her on but I really find the whole thing to be quite sad,”  a family member told IUC.  “Her parents and handlers seem more interested in cashing in on her fame than getting her the proper help she needs.  How they easily forget it was only a short time ago Brit was institutionalized, on the brink of losing her mind.  I cannot help fearing how easily she could end up there again, especially during a gruelling concert tour.”  A member of Brit’s touring crew confirmed to IUC that the mega hit performer will resort to lip synching throught the show.  “She definitely uses playback vocal tracks,” the source said.  “It’s no big deal.  A lot of stars use that today.  Britney likes to focus more on her stage performance, which I’m sure will blow away her fans.”

Meanwhile, Brit’s ex hubby K-Fed has joined the concert circus in New Orleans with their two adorable sons.  K-Fed looks like he’s been eating a lot of the boys’ McDonald’s leftovers, now tipping the scales at 255 pounds.  Can’t help but wonder if all the child support dough he’s receiving has convinced him to put his rap career on the backburner.  What a shame for Joaquin Phoenix, who I am convinced was trying to imitate the tone deaf K-Fed.

What do you think of Britney’s comeback – can she pull it off?  let us know.

1. OhFuckingPLEASE said on March 3rd, 2009 at 10:58 am

Holy shit! A post about someone besides Angelina??!!!

I think it is TOO SOON for Britney to go on tour. She will fall apart again in a few months. Sad that no one gives a shit about anything but the $$$ she can bring in.

2. mookie said on March 3rd, 2009 at 4:34 pm

From all the rehearsal footage I’ve seen, her comeback is in full swing. K-Fed needs to go on Celebrity Fit Club.

3. Tigerlilly said on March 3rd, 2009 at 11:14 pm

From what I’ve read, this bitch is stocked with more docs and meds than Elvis, and she doesn’t even sing for reals, just shakes her ass, goes off stage, takes another pill, sees a shrink, has her daddy take her to her hotel for a massage. She should be fine on this tour, but of course this narcissistic little spoiled bitch may not be.
    I mean, PUHLEEZE. This bitch is about as mentally ill as my pill addicted cousin. Shitney just has peeps to cover her addictions and personality disorders better, so that she can continue to be a functioning cash cow for the white trash who live off of her. Ugh. I don’t feel bad for her. She had EVERYTHING and shit it away. Now she expects us to believe her addictions and personality disorders are “mental illness” so that she can get insured to tour again. FUCK HER! AND fuck the court that did this shit for her! Oh yes, FOR HER, so she could get insured, so she could work again…. Oh, it’s a COINCIDENCE that she is touring after being declared by a court of law that she is sooooo incompetent that she can’t even feed herself…Yeah, that’s what the standard is, yet this ditch pig WHO IS NOT MENTALLY ILL can go on tour…

4. Kate said on March 4th, 2009 at 1:49 pm

Her show apparently though was a success, she is a good performer. I do hope young Britney gets it together. Too many have taken advantage of her since she was a child star, and this is the result. Too bad her parents could not have gotten those $$$ out of their eyes early on.

5. CC said on March 4th, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Jeez, I think she has some SERIOUS mental issues, Tigerlilly. The girl has been exploited her ENTIRE life first by her parents and then the music industry and probably has no sense of what is normal. She has not been given the emotional tools to deal with her life and as a result, she’s a very stunted and immature young woman. It’s really quite sad and shocking that there are people who don’t feel any sympathy for her. I do. I feel very sorry for her. She’s an uneducated, unskilled, unempowered woman. She seems to lead a controlled, isolated exsistence that all the money in the world can’t make right.

I’m SUPER glad to be me and not her.

With that said…if she continues to half ass her dance routines on tour then yes, it’ll be a failure because even after a year of medication and “hard work”, she seems to move with more passion in her leaked rehearsal videos than in her actual performances. I tend to believe that she has psyched herself out and no longer has the confidence she did years ago….maybe, stage fright??

I couldn’t stomach her 5 years ago when she seemed to be on top of the world. Now, I’m actually hoping she succeeds…her mental state could use a bolstering because she’s down and has been kicked enough. Give her a break…

6. Fresh said on March 4th, 2009 at 5:33 pm

Bully for you, Ian.

I wonder that People.com was the one to carry an icy review. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20262873,00.html?cnn=yes

I can’t keep up with who is paying who, or what favors for what favors when it comes to Jamie Spears. People was in, now they are out? OK was in, now they are out? TMZ is in, X17 is out. Fame photogs are in on this tour.

And last week, Britney’s voice mails were clamped off from the public. Voice mails asking for help, asking for legal representation, and the TROs announced from around the same time period masked her trying to fire Sam Ingham, her court appointed attorney.

7. Colleen said on March 5th, 2009 at 6:23 am

@CC:

> I’m SUPER glad to be me and not her.

My bet is she’d think the same if she could read you. :-D

8. CC said on March 5th, 2009 at 1:36 pm

@Colleen:
    huh?

9. Tigerlilly said on March 5th, 2009 at 9:47 pm

@Kate:

She is spoiled and narcissistic. She started fucking around, drinking, taking drugs and her personality disorders along with her addictions led her to neglect and abuse her children and act a damn fool in public. I have compassion for innocent people suffering. The less innocent they are, the less compassion I have. Sorry, I’ll save my compassion for people who are REALLY mentally ill and cannot AFFORD any help and get dumped on the streets, a large percentage of our homeless. I’ll save my compassion for INNOCENT children who are victims of horrific abuse and fall through the cracks of our child welfare and justice system. I’ll save my compassion for people dying of cancer, AIDS and other horrible diseases. I’ll save my compassion for the HORRIBLE conditions of those living in abject poverty in 3rd world countries. I don’t mean to sound bitchy (and I know I do), but excuse me if I don’t have enough compassion left over for this hedonistic, spoiled, narcissistic, child neglecting, addict with more money than God and no ethics.
    I hope for the sake of her kids she gets her ass in gear, but look at those kids and their parents. I”ll be SHOCKED if those kids aren’t a loss cause. Little over a decade from now, we’ll be hearing about one or the other getting busted at the airport with a balloon or two of junk up his ass or the other getting a DUI whilst being blown by a tranny hooker. Just watch.

10. Guest said on March 5th, 2009 at 9:54 pm

@Tigerlilly:
    AMEN! I love your posts, Tigerlilly.

11. Keane said on March 6th, 2009 at 6:17 pm

Yeah I totally disagree with you Tigerlilly and I have argued this one out many a time on Dlisted. I’m not saying that Brit doesn’t have her faults and is responsible for some of her own downfall, but I just can’t understand people who categorically say she doesn’t have a mental illness when so much suggests to the contrary. She is drugged up to the eyeballs for a start so a doctor somewhere is saying she needs to take medication for some forrm of psychiatric disorder, whether that’s something as mild as anxiety and depression or as severe as manic depression. She has been admitted to a mental hospital and been dealt with by psychiatrists, while they obviously didn’t consider herself so severely ill that she needed to be sectioned, she was kept in for several days and presumably given a diagnosis and treatment. Video clips of Britney I’ve seen lately make me feel very sad for her. She looks terrified and totally anxious and out of it and she just seems like a damaged, broken person. (Not at all dissimilar in fact to the people I have known who have suffered from manic depression, some of whom ultimately killed themselves). This is not to say she hasn’t also abused drugs (we know she has) and is probably an immature, spotil, selfish little girl, but that is not the crux of the problem for Britney. The crux is she doesn’t feel loved by her parents and feels liks she has simply been farmed out all her life to keep family Spears in diamonds. Why do you think she tried to cut them out of her life and instead got involved with people even more intent on exploiting her? She obviously doesn’t feel like she can trust anyone and that is enough to make anyone mentally unstable (I know, I’ve been there). And yes she’s been a terrible parent, but she doesn’t even have the skills to look after herself, let alone anyone else, so I can’t condemn her for it. People who are just selfish and put themselves before their kids, yes they are hateful. But I don’t think Brit is simply that. I think she’s very damaged and because she is so unstable, she doesnt have a hope in hell of understanding what her kids need from her. A good friend of mine’s mother is just the same (now confined to a mental hospital), and while I dislike the woman for the life she has given my friend and her sister, I don’t hold her as responisble as their father, who is simply selfish and uncaring. But poor old Brit, I really think she’s a lost cause. I don’t think she’ll live all that long a life.

And in other news, Colleen has taken my advice and is now posting on a thread other than a Brangelina one. Keep it up Colleen, you’re getting closer and closer to resembling a real live human being every day now!

12. Keane said on March 6th, 2009 at 6:28 pm

Plus to be fair to Britney’s kids, I think (remarkably) KFed is probably a more attentive parent than even Brad or Ange. They don’t look too fucked up yet. Hopefully she will get her act together in time for when they’re a little older and they won’t turn out to fucked up. But there’s no way she’ll do that unless she steps away from the limelight. As for Brange’s kids, they’re already old enough to know that their parents are hardly ever there and I think the damage is already done. I would say they will all grow up to hate her and not be too keen on him, but I have this terrible feeling that Ange may not be aroudnd long enough to see them grow up. Her lifestyle is far too hedonistic and she is also far too unstable. I just can’t see her growing old unfortunately.

13. Keane said on March 6th, 2009 at 6:29 pm

That meant to say “either Brad or ANge” of course, an edit button is required on this site!