IUC Exclusive: IUC OUTS HILLARY CLINTON AS STRAIGHT

Posted on February 13th, 2009 by HisHighness in IUC:Entertainment, IUC:Exclusive, IUC:Gay

I know I have been outing a number of celebrities lately, and some of you may get the idea that I believe every prominent person in America is gay. (For the record, IUC’s definition of gay includes bisexuality as well as those who have dabbled in adventures with the same sex at some point).
But today for the first time, I have decided to out a public figure as straight. Ever since I started this blog, I have received numerous emails from people assuring me that a certain former First Lady is as queer as they come. And no it’s not Eleanor Roosevelt, whose special White House relationship with Lorena Hickok is the subject of a major forthcoming book by my old colleague, journalist/historian Max Wallace, who will document in fascinating detail not their well-documented lesbian affair, but how the cigar-smoking, tuxedo-wearing Hickok — who had her own bedroom in the White House –  used her close “friendship” with Eleanor to majorly influence FDR’s New Deal and change the social fabric of America.

Instead, my investigation centers on the rumored sexuality of Eleanor’s modern-day incarnation, none other than Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. Unlike her predecessor Condoleezza Rice, whose barely disguised lesbian relationship with filmmaker Randy Bean has been common knowledge in Washington and Stanford for years, there is not a single piece of evidence that Hillary has ever been in any panties other than her own.

For months, I have attempted to track down some evidence that Hillary has Sapphic inclinations. She’s one of those figures that, like Tom Cruise, people just insist is gay, assuming that this is common knowledge and that anybody who assumes otherwise is either naive or stump dumb. When I started my investigation, I was one of those who assumed the stories were true. I even once reported on my conversation with a woman who claimed to be her ex-lover, which I have since concluded was a hoax.

But now, after an exhaustive search for clues, I have concluded that Hillary’s reputed lesbianism can be traced back to the same Republican dirty tricksters who planted the rumor that Bill Clinton had fathered a black child in Arkansas – a rumor which practically every Republican in the nation believed until a DNA test proved otherwise. Ironically, it appears that the same people who planted the Hillary is a lesbian rumor also planted the blatantly false canard linking her to the murder of former White House aide Vince Foster, with whom they insist she was having an affair. (During my investigation, in fact, I actually found more convincing evidence that she had an affair with Foster than I did of a same-sex dalliance, though the notion that she had him murdered is utter bollocks.)

In retrospect, my failure to find the smoking gun or even a trace of evidence is not surprising. Think about it. If Hillary were indeed gay, wouldn’t the forces of the vast right-wing conspiracy have dug up the evidence long ago and used it to discredit her or her husband? Come to think of it, the Obama campaign — populated by many former Clinton White House staffers who presumably know the truth — would have been happy to leak the same evidence at a time when Hillary was the frontrunner for the Democratic nomination last year. But nada. Not even a whisper.

But loyal IUC readers don’t despair. Today’s straight outing doesn’t mean I have turned over a new leaf. Plenty of closets still to open in coming weeks.   Stay tuned.

1. Lindalee said on February 13th, 2009 at 9:37 am

I always suspected those rumors were bullshit. Thanks for clearing it up, Ian.

2. Suzy Q said on February 13th, 2009 at 9:56 am

Ah, lol, lol, lol. Straight outing is about to become the highest form of snobbism nowadays.

3. Keane said on February 13th, 2009 at 10:36 am

Hmm… I’m not sure. I’ve heard so much to the contrary. Wasn’t she supposed to be having an affair with her PA or second-in-command during her campaign to get the Democrat candidacy? Wasn’t Bill Clinton supposed to have said to Monica Lewinsky during their non-sexual-relations-involved affair that Hillary had had more women than he’d had? Then there is the story about major PR wizard Max Clifford saying he has a video of a former first lady being serviced by a man behind why she munched on another lady’s lady garden and that he was keeping it as his pension??? All may not be true of course but don’t you think it could be the case that HIllary and Bill are so powerful, clever and wealthy that they have expertly managed to cover their tracks by the combined tactics of confidentiality agreements, threats and pay-offs? And as for Obama, weren’t there rumours about him dabbling in his college days? Maybe his camp didn’t want to out her in case her’s outed him – a mutual policy of non-disclosure? I don’t think its unlikely that either of them are bisexual or have dabbled in their youth as having gone to a similarily high-end college as I assume they both went to, believe me there is a LOT of that going on and amongst high achievers there seems to be a disproportionately high number of closet cases.

4. Mememe said on February 13th, 2009 at 11:59 am

Ian, with all due respect your definition of gay is ridiculous!

5. Angie said on February 13th, 2009 at 12:18 pm

Ian, how can you classify a bisexual person and someone who may have had same-sex experiences as gay? Being gay means that you PREFER your own gender for sex whereas being bisexual (liking both) and having had same sex experiences does not indicate true homosexuality.

6. Keane said on February 13th, 2009 at 12:38 pm

I think Ian is talking about people who are anything other than completely straight and I don’t think he means a straight person who happened to have a few gay experiences in school or college. Most straight people have tried out a member of the same sex at some point in time but obviously if you’ve done it often with several different people then its more than just experimentation. A friend of mine for example considers herself bisexual even though she prefers men and has not been with anywhere near as many men as she had girls for example. She still fancies some girls though so considers herself bisexual. I think Ian is just trying to higlight the dishonesty or deception of a lot of people who appear or claim to be 100% straight. And while we’re on the subject of bisexuals, how about Kate Hudson Ian?

7. Moody Blue said on February 13th, 2009 at 1:02 pm

@Angie:

I totally agree that Mr. Halperin’s amalgamation is inaccurate, dishonest and at the end of the day, harmful. And I too suspect that his wild outing campaign is just a publicity trick based on bluff. Shame on him.

8. Lindalee said on February 13th, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Obviously many of these “gay” Hollywood stars are actually bisexual. John Travolta clearly had sex with Kelly Preston. Does that mean he isn’t gay?

Cary Grant was married a whole bunch of times but openly held hands with his long-time lover, Randolph Scott, at various Hollywood eateries. Does that mean Grant doesn’t qualify as gay?

This is not a black and white issue. Do you really think Jake Gyllenhaal is not having sex with Reese Witherspoon and that she is a willing beard? Maybe that’s a bad example, though most of the professional beards (Penelope Cruz, for example) are lesbians themselves so they get something out of their beard status as well. Reese is probably straight, but who knows?

The issue of bisexuality is very complicated. I think Ian’s definition is fair as long as he’s up front about it. I for one am glad he cleared it up because some on that list of his are pretty iffy under a narrow definition of gay. Prince Phillip wouldn’t normally qualify to be on the list, but I have always heard that he, like many Royals, dips his wick into both sexes or at least he did when he was much younger.

9. Lani said on February 13th, 2009 at 1:30 pm

I agree mememe and Angie. When you are outing people with the possibility of changing lives, their families, their children, grandparents, it is pretty dirty to label someone gay as Angie said-

That is just wrong wrong wrong. Think for one second the people that do not know your definition and just stop by and read and all they see is GAY, and then it spreads all over the internet like that, which is as dirty as what was done to Hillary imo . How does that make you any different Ian, it doesn’t. If you are going to out people, you need to say Gay , Bisexual, or experimented.

Keanne with all respect, I disagree, I do think Ian is saying he believes someone who experiments as gay, and lets define experiment. Experiment-try out a new procedure, idea, or activity.

Does that sound to you like one who experiments is suddenly gay? Does the word experiment bring to the mind doing it often and with several people.

Let’s not leave out as well, that it is the “in” thing to do these days, go both ways. It has nothing to do with being gay for many that do that. When you are drinking and partying, what goes, goes. How many stories are there of the casting couch, where a guy had to get on his knees, and did not want to, but he wanted the part. A few too many casting couches and you are now gay? I don’t think so.

This is the danger of outing people, this is what starts rumors. I was surprised to hear Ian say in his movie he did not know John Travolta was gay until he saw the picture of him kissing his pilot. That really did surprise me, because there are rampant stories about him. I know Kelly’s mother, because I grew up in Honolulu. When they got married the agreement was no more men, no bi , nothing, complete devotion to the marriage. He never has ever hidden his attraction for men to friends and family, but he chose to get married and have a family. I have no idea when he started it again, but I am sure she does, and with their situation you don’t just walk away. So for them, it had nothing to do with protecting his image, it was the agreement for her to stay with him.

I will get off my soap box but Ian what you are doing is setting back gay rights. Do you not see that? The argument every person I know and shows I have seen or articles I have read about someone struggling to come out, is they were born that way. Many people do not believe it, but more are starting to understand the truth in tha.t. You want to out someone because they have experimented, as gay, because why? Is that person suppose to come out of the closet and say “I tried it a few times” what is this to accomplish besides ruining them , hurting their families. It does not. It is wrong, and unless you can provide proof that they suddenly had the revelation that they are now gay or wanted to enjoy both sexes then their picture or names should not listed.

Last, I don’t know many gay people that would agree with that definition if any, in fact some do not believe one is ever really bisexual. History proves that wrong, but when one is fighting for rights it somehow becomes a insult. How do you know Hillary did not experiment? Would that not make her gay in your terms? Queer, flaming poofer, you have some upset gays on the internet . Those are not endearing terms. You think that is helping the movement, that will inspire someone to come out?

FTR I am not gay, but 2 of my brothers are, something I have not revealed before, so this is very personal to me. Probably should not put this on a message board, but want you to know I am not trying o bash you.

Loved your movie,thought it was great, love your blog, but I am not the only one that is bothered by this. It appears you are straying from your original intent that was inspired by “Bobby” .

10. section9 said on February 13th, 2009 at 2:01 pm

Ian,

A word about Rice. After the thing about Bean came out last year in Glenn Kessler’s book, Bean actually issued a statement stating that she was straight. Indeed, Bean stated that she resented the implication that she would be in a closeted relationship with anyone.

I find it hard to believe that Bean could issue a public statement like that without challenge from anyone in the Stanford Gay and Lesbian Community. I believe you may be accepting the Kessler story without challenge as true. I did my own digging into this story a bit last year, especially after the September reporting by the Washington Blade, and remained convinced that Bean and Rice were not in a relationship, but that this reporting was a result of a snowball effect of a factoid that appeard in Kessler’s book.

To go back: Bean had a series of medical issues that were draining her income and threatening her hold on her house, so it appears. Rice and a mutual friend, Coit Blacker, took out a line of credit cosigned with Bean to help Bean out during this period of time. Thus, Rice and Bean’s name appear as holders of the line of credit on Bean’s home. Blacker’s interest on the home was later bought out.

When the story about this relationship broke in Glenn Kessler’s book, a small firestorm broke in Washington about it. Bean issued her statement in Stanford several weeks later insisting she was straight and not in a relationship with Rice. Which only deepens the mystery. I don’t doubt for one minute that Rice is gay; just not with this Bean individual. I simply believe that a declarative statement like Bean’s would have been quickly countered by people at Stanford who knew of a mutual relationship in the past between Condi and Randy Bean and would not appreciate a public attempt by Bean to remain in the closet.

Agree with you somewhat about Hillary, although there was some fire, I believe that HRC gave up her past relationships with women some time ago. There’s simply too much risk associated with who she is for her to dabble in lesbianism right now. Power is her game, and she’s good at it. You haven’t seen the last of her.

11. section9 said on February 13th, 2009 at 3:10 pm

@Lani:

Ian’s outing people is actually small beer in all this. One guy, no matter how influential, could alter what is actually starting to happen.

Last fall, while Obama was cruising to victory (so to speak), Closeted Hollywood remained silent while the Anti-Prop Eight forces trotted out Diane Finestein to try and convince straight people that the CALSCOTUS decision on gay marriage was not about Buttsex.

Meantime, when the blacks and Latinos were done voting for Barack, they decided to vote against gays because of an obsession in their subcultures about men sleeping with each other. Gay Hollywood remained silent on the Civil Rights aspect of this issue.

The resulting anger after a civil right has been literally rolled back, albeit temporarily, by the voters, is leading to an outing backlash against they hypocrisy of silence by those who were too timid to help out last fall. This has nothing to do with Ian.

12. Lani said on February 13th, 2009 at 4:00 pm

@section9:
    Thank you for the explanation, and I understand what you are saying. However, I do not agree that when one experiments they should be outed or labeled as gay. sorry. just not right. Someone who may have experimented is suppose to step up to the plate and speak out on Prop 8, and if they don’t just because they tried it they will be outed. That is not right. On the flip side, are to assume that those who gave mucho bucks to P8 like Steven Spielberg and Brad Pitt did so, because they experimented with same sex and now they fear they will be outed for doing so? Gay is gay, and bisexual is bisexual and there is nothing in between. What about the gays who do not believe in P8, because there are many. Right now, is it MA that is dealing with a divorce in that same sex marriage, some are starting to feel it is just opening Pandoras Box for them, when they have the civil rights in place already for health, taxes, and so on. So now they have to deal with the crap of a divorce, fighting over a kid , and then there is the case of the lesbians who had a baby, and split, and the one who left decided she did not want to be mommy anymore, no child support. Do these things help P8, no. You have more and more heterosexuals who do not ever get married, and don’t even believe in it. I think it is rather hypocritical of Mr. Pitt to support a marriage bill when he does not believe himself in life long relationships. His comment they would not get married until everyone else did was pure PR and nothing more. It is now, “if the kids want us too” Miss Jolie herself stated that he was just saying kind of joking, wouldn’t it be nice if, but they were not even discussing marriage. The media got that story completely wrong, and yet it keeps getting repeated, and now to the point it pisses of many in the gay community because they now see it for what it is and was. He never had any intentions of getting married. So who is the biggest hypocrite here? Ian says Brad Pitt has experiemnted Ted says it is questionalble that he is just hetero, but yet he gives $100 K to support P8,
    when he himself is a fraud. Does he have to admit experimenting to back P8, does SS, what about all those who did not support the bill and they had a casting couch experience, and now they are running for their lives on this. If they don’t support it, they get blacklisted, blacklisted, the very thing liberal Hollywood has screamed their heads off about in the past, yet they now do it to their own. The Gay and Lesbian community had better have some solid proof before they go outing people that are not gay, that have tried it, because in the end, there will be a back lash for that. You try to educate the public that it is not a choice, it is who the person is, how they were born..then you go and publicly state “look at all these people who are bi or have experimented, these people need to come out.” Then they do, and the public suddenly wonders, hmmm, well if they experimented, and it was not for them, or if that person was bi but ultimately decided they like the opposite sex better, well then this IS about choice. Once it is about choice it is not about civil rights any longer. That was my point. Wait and see what happens. The majority of the public will not buy that you were born that way when too many others come out and say, “well , I was just sort of curious, or well bored wanted something different, or well had to do it to get the part” When that happens, P8 is dead forever, and that was my point. Growing up with two gay brothers I understand this very well, we have relatives in the south, midwest, even though we grew up in Hawaii, and I can tell you, HW and the L & G ’s can scream all they want, you can out whoever you want, but if it does not support that the person was born as normal as anyone else, just happen to be gay, this issue will be set back 20 years. Experimenting and choosing to be bi does not cut it. If you are going to out people , then Ian needs to make it clear with each outing who is what…respectfully my opnion.

13. section9 said on February 13th, 2009 at 4:51 pm

No, people like Spielberg and Pitt helped out against 8 because of their conviction. However, there were a bunch of folks who laid low who also are in the closet that are known closet cases who never said a word and didn’t bother to speak up. The GLBT community knows this, and I suspect that this is behind much of what is going on. We’re talking A-list people here. Not saying it’s right, and that people do have a right to their private lives. Just saying that there is a relentless drive to settle scores out there.

14. Keane said on February 13th, 2009 at 5:02 pm

Lani with the greatest respect I think you’re over-complicating the issue. I’m gay, I have plenty of gay friends both male and female, I have bisexual friends, I have friends who are either gay or bisexual but cannot admit it to themselves or everyone they know so remain in the closet, and I have straight friends who may have had a handful of sexual experiences with the same sex when very drunk and as youthful experimentation. There is a very clear line between all the people I have listed and that last group. The difference is completely obvious. Ian is talking about people who have had more than a handful of experiences with the same sex – 20, 30 whatever. A straight person does not experiment with members of the same sex that many times. If they do they aren’t straight, they’re bisexual. And seriously hon, straight men don’t give other men blowjobs to get jobs, it would be physically repulsive to them. If a man can deal with giving a few blow-jobs then I’m afraid he’s bisexual too. Its really not that complicated. What Ian is trying to say is that these people are not as straighforwardly heterosexual as they claim to be or people think they are, whether that is bisexual or gay and whether they happen to be doing it now or not. Just because someone has stopped sleeping with members of the same sex and has adopted a heterosexual lifestyle and has done so for 30 years, doesn’t mean that they’ve stopped being gay or bi, they’re just not engaging in the act at this time. And I think you’re confusing the prop 8 issue with what Ian is doing, they’re 2 separate things. Ian is arguing against the hypocrisy of a film industry which has great influence in terms of opinion-forming and contains a high proportion of gay people allowing something like prop 8 to be passed when it might have helped prevent it. Its not purely about prop 8 but the dishonesty and hypocrisy of the industry in general. And it really doesn’t matter who does and doesn’t support prop 8, whether some gay people do or don’t want to get married etc, the point is that gay people must have the same choices as straight people, the same way as we have fought for equal rights for women and non-whites in the past. At the moment gay people do not have the same freedom of choice as straight people in the US and are therefore still second-class citizens.

15. Cory said on February 13th, 2009 at 5:16 pm

That new witch hunt is obnoxious and nauseating, Halperin is a crypto-homophobe and the gays who support him are pathetic fools.

16. Cory said on February 13th, 2009 at 5:26 pm

@Keane:

“And seriously hon, straight men don’t give other men blowjobs to get jobs, it would be physically repulsive to them.”

Hilarious. What would you do if you were starving and this was the only way for you to get to eat?

17. Lani said on February 13th, 2009 at 7:44 pm

@Keane:
    Keanne, are you trying to say that when Ian says some has experimente he means 20-30 times, and according to you that is just bisexual, IF that is the case, then his definition should have said -Gay or bisexual. Experimention is not 20 to 30 times. He also has no way of knowing how many times a person has experimented, does he? No. Witch hunt is right.

Straight men do not give blow jobs, ah yes they do, what do you think the lifers and DR do at San Quenitn?
    You think it does not repulse a woman to give a blow job, they are plenty that would rather give sex up altogether if forced to do so, does that make them asexual..no.they they do not like it. If you want something bad enough, people will do whatever they have to , including murder my friend, so a blow job saint nothin. Ian can not group someone is experiments with same sex as GAY. sorry that is a cop out. we all have out opinions, that is mine,my brothers feel the same way, and have been gay since highschool. To each is own, but outing people that are not truly gay, or who delved into 30 years ago and not since, will not do anything to help Ian either, it just makes him look like he is doing this for the wrong reason.

Section-Ian says Brad Pitt is gay, so if he is supporting P8 and in the closet, what does that say? S Spielberg, is he gay, I am betting we will see his picture up there soon.

18. Moody Blue said on February 14th, 2009 at 4:55 am

@Lani:

“Ian says Brad Pitt is gay”

In his book “Hollywood undercover” (which I read last year) Mr. Halperin quotes the Queers of the Round Table (a L.A. based gay circle) as stating Brad Pitt is straighter than straight. And God knows he’s not supporting Prop 8 !

19. Mememe said on February 14th, 2009 at 12:40 pm

Keane-what gives you the idea that Ian means more than a handful? He only states they have ‘dabbled’ at some point. Also, I very much doubt the person who is actually having the sex keeps a little tally chart to record how many times they’ve had a same sex experience so how the hell would Ian know how many times they’ve dabbled? A simple definition
    Gay: also know as homosexual i.e. one who is sexually attracted to the same sex only.
    Bisexual: sexually attracted to both sexes
    Heterosexual: sexually attracted to those of the opposite sex only.
    Is that so difficult to understand? Experimenting does not make you gay and anyone who thinks it does needs to grow up.

20. Mrs Patrick Campbell said on February 14th, 2009 at 12:43 pm

Thanks for the photos of the clintons. They are just as repulsive-looking physically as they are in every other way!

Also, who are those two mega-hot ‘FudgePackers Supreme” holding the beach towel between them??? We WANT some of that!!!

21. Keane said on February 14th, 2009 at 4:39 pm

Lani and Mememe – you have both completely misinterpreted what I just said, I can’t really break it down to you in a more simple way sorry! What I said was a straight person who has experimented with a member of the same sex a handful of times is not neccessarily bisexual. Someone who has done it 20+ times cannot be described as someone who is merely experimenting. If they’ve done it within the region of that many times they are at least bisexual. Ian is not talking about people who have had one or two youhful indiscretions, he is talking about someone who has indulged in homosexual sex a significant number of times. Whether they’re still doing it now or haven’t done it for 30 years doesn’t make any difference, if they did it that much then its not just experimentation.

And Cory sweetheart – if I was starving I would collect welfare or get any menial job I could get my hands on. Are you seriously suggesting that the only way out of abject poverty for a straight man would be to give a blowjob to another man to get a part? Am I talking to someone living on planet earth here? Jesus!

22. Mememe said on February 14th, 2009 at 7:28 pm

Keane, I don’t want to nitpick but how do you know Ian means a significant number of times? He has in no way made it clear how many times he assumes these people have had ‘gay’ sex.
    Regardless of that those who are having sex with both sexes would, in my opinion, be considered bisexual not gay, and therefore it is not morally right for someone to out them as gay.
    Try turning it around. Paul O’Grady (only UK readers will know who he is) had straight relationships when he was younger and as a result has a daughter and grandchild YET he is openly gay. He has slept with women on more than a handful of occasions albeit not for many years. Should the gay community out him as straight?!! It has to work both ways.

23. Mememe said on February 14th, 2009 at 7:38 pm

Also I don’t find it hard to believe a straight man would give a blowjob to get a role. It’s easy to disattach your mind when necessary particularly when money’s involved. Think of people in the sex industry. Do you really think they’re in it ’cause they enjoy it?

24. Teresa said on February 14th, 2009 at 11:58 pm

I find it odd that some posters here are ranting and raving about how wrong it is for Ian to “out” anyone. Yet they are, apparently, avidly reading these news flashes. If you truly feel that what is happening is wrong, why are you still here? Would think you’d want to stay away. Seems rather hypocritical of you to read this at all.

25. Moody Blue said on February 17th, 2009 at 6:18 am

@Teresa:

Even odder to me is the “mysterious” way some embarrassing posts are tending to… well… just… you know… “disappear”. :-)

26. Wang said on March 17th, 2009 at 10:11 pm

Speaking of Hillary Clinton:

There is bad news about her husband.

It is opined that Bill Clinton committed racist hate crimes, and I am not free to say anything further about it.

Respectfully Submitted by Andrew Y. Wang, J.D. Candidate
    B.S., Summa Cum Laude, 1996
    Messiah College, Grantham, PA
    Lower Merion High School, Ardmore, PA, 1993

(I can type 90 words per minute, and there are probably thousands of copies on the Internet indicating the content of this post.)
    _________________
    “If only it were possible to ban invention that bottled up memories so they never got stale and faded.” Off the top of my head—it came from my Lower Merion High School yearbook.

27. Al said on January 27th, 2010 at 2:50 am

I would like you to know all, that perhaps Ian thinks she is not a lesbo, but the truth is deeper than just a rumor. For all of you people out there and even you, Ian. Get the book: TRANCEFORMATION OF AMERICA by: Phillips & O’Brien. And you will find not only she is a lesbo, but she is also a very dark soul. I hope the book won’t shock you. It’s raw but the truth. You people might end up waking up to a something really dark outthere than just lesbians and homos in hollywood.

28. [...] QueerCincinnati.com wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerptBut today for the first time, I have decided to out a public figure as straight. Ever since I started this blog, I have received numerous emails from people assuring me that a certain former First Lady is as queer as they come. … who will document in fascinating detail not their well-documented lesbian affair, but how the cigar-smoking, tuxedo-wearing Hickok — who had her own bedroom in the White House – used her close “friendship” with Eleanor to majorly influence … [...]