IUC Exclusive: Auntie Tile Talks to IUC

Posted on February 12th, 2009 by HisHighness in IUC:Entertainment, IUC:Exclusive

A close relative of Toothy Tile spoke to IUC today.  She said she figured out who Toothy Tile was after Ted Casablanca ran his first blind item about him some four years ago.  “It was so easy to figure out who it was,” she said.  “From the first clue I knew right away my new name would be Auntie Tile.  I follow every move of my nephews’ career.  I knew it could not have been anyone else.  God bless his soul.  I still love him, even though I think what he’s doing is a big sin.”

1. Mimi said on February 12th, 2009 at 3:16 pm

when Aunty Tile said “…I think what he’s doing is a big sin.”, what does she consider a sin? that Toothy is gay? or that he is bearding/in the closet/lying?

Ian, are you going to talk about Gray Goose and Baby Tile?

2. egm said on February 12th, 2009 at 3:23 pm

By “sin” is she saying being gay is a sin (surely not, I don’t think bucktoothed yeehaw clots figure highly in Toothy’s family) or that the bearding and closeting is a sin (this one I could understand someone saying)?

3. Angie said on February 12th, 2009 at 3:24 pm

Ian, I find this really hard to believe. I thought the Gyllenhaals and their extended clan were pretty liberal. His aunt calls what he does “a sin?” Again, if this were a family with reactionary, hard-core, pseudo-Christian elements to it, I’d be apt to believe this but Jake’s family is very liberal.

4. egm said on February 12th, 2009 at 3:33 pm

I agree Angie. I think this story is falling apart. I don’t doubt Toothy exists as a person and IS who people think he is, and said actor likes his guys! But I’m doubting the details coming in on this site now. Everyone suddently descending on Ian’s site to talk to him, including close family? Eh. I hope Toothy has the bravery to be who he is someday. But until then, if ever, I’m not going to waste time with these kiss and tells on blogs. I give props to those who genuinely come out and face their detractors, not those who need to be dragged kicking and screaming out. If you have to drag them out then clearly they’re not and maybe never will be, ready to be out. Therefore your efforts are in vain and none of this is any sort of victory. Unless the person in question is behind it as a form of self-outing then anything else is punishment for something they’re not ready to face, rightly or wrongly. This is where I step off.

5. Clooney's Closet said on February 12th, 2009 at 3:41 pm

Ian made this up, no way in hell would any relative of his would talk to Ian or any other gossip blogger.

Anyone that believes this crap is on crack like Ian. What next? His dog??

6. HisHighness said on February 12th, 2009 at 4:30 pm

I think she meant by him not coming out and being real. Announcement: I’m working on a new film “Out of The Hollywood Closet”. It will include interviews with all these folks. Thanks for your support.

7. Keane said on February 12th, 2009 at 4:37 pm

Its very interesting Ian, keep up the good work! And I’m glad the Aunt wasn’t referring to his sexuality as being the “sin”, gay people get faced with this type of nonsense far too often.

8. Gwen said on February 12th, 2009 at 5:52 pm

Here, here, egm.

9. Pat said on February 12th, 2009 at 6:03 pm

Ian, I’m sort of believing you on some of these post. But it does seem like Ted passed the TT series on to you to move on. Now I’m fine with that, but to totally believe you’re just not bullsh_ting us, you need to be more exact and stop leading us on. We need concrete names or something to believe you a creditable. I know this is a sinsitive subject matter for celebs., but if you are gonna take this on and start outing celebs. because you think it’s wrong. You need to put up man and let the chips fall where they may. I am certain more people will listen if they know that YOU know what YOU are talking about. Not just rumors. Love the movie.

10. Leyla said on February 12th, 2009 at 6:33 pm

Pat, you have a point but I don’t think any of Ian’s sources would talk to him about Toothy UNLESS it was on the condition of anonymity.

11. myrna said on February 12th, 2009 at 7:03 pm

Is there really a “Toothy Tile”? Ted C. has beaten this into the ground. Why continue what I consider a “dead horse”? Jake Gyllenhaal is likely laughing his ass off over the whole situation. IMO, everybody’s “gay” to a degree…

12. Tim said on February 12th, 2009 at 7:24 pm

Jake is living in a closet and I doubt he’s enjoying it.

13. Jamie Bancroft said on February 13th, 2009 at 4:10 am

Ted Casablance is hot in that pic!