IUC Exclusive: Toothy’s Ex Male Lover Opens Up

Posted on February 10th, 2009 by HisHighness in IUC:Entertainment, IUC:Exclusive

Toothy and the mogul shared an apartment in the Hollywood Hills

The Hollywood executive who claims he had a homosexual relationship with “Toothy Tile” today revealed more intimate details to IUC.  He said they took trips together, rented a secret pad in the Hollywood Hills where they spent weekends together and even dated the same woman to pretend they were both straight.  “We planned everything so noone would find out about us,” he said.  “We wanted our privacy and figured the best way to do it was by positioning it properly.  Yes, we were deeply in love.  We had incredible times together.  Problem was that if we came out we’d both never work again.  That’s how bad it is in our industry.”  Developing…

1. Keane said on February 10th, 2009 at 2:03 pm

That’s unbelievable! Even for a behind-the-camera exec it would be career suicide? Half of the execs in the Brit tv industry are gay, its the most gay-friendly industry there is, except perhaps fashion. That is completely ridiculous.

2. EM said on February 10th, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Keane, Keane, Keane…how many out gay mega listers can you think of? How many mjaor British actors can you think of that are openly gay? Please, no industry is ‘outwardly’ gay friendly. You’re fine being gay as long as you stay. in. the. closet. These men are pimped at largely female fanbases who would not necessarily (at least this is the thinking) BE fans if the actor were gay. The reality is very different from these industries being “gay friendly”. For goodness sake, how many openly gay male models do you know. Err, lets’ count shall we…I’m struggling to name any. There is no problem in these industries with being gay as long as you keep it secret. And keeping things secret is where people are finding it hard. Especially if mega bucks and image are concerned. I can’t believe you can be so naive!

3. Mememe said on February 10th, 2009 at 2:51 pm

Is this exec going to be outed too? It seems rather disloyal of him to blab about his relationship with poor boring old jakey while remaining anonymous. He says himself that if they’d come out when they were together it was likely they’d never work again so why the hell is he talking? Does he feel no loyalty at all to his ex lover? Surely he of all people should understand why jake wants to stay in the closet. If he feels he’s doing the human race some big favour by confirming jakes sexual preference he should at least have the decency of letting himself be named.

4. BuffyTheEvilSlutSlayer said on February 10th, 2009 at 3:06 pm

NO ONE IS TWO WORDS.
    sorry, that pisses me off.
    I couldn’t give a crap who is gay, I wish people could just be who they are.

5. Angie said on February 10th, 2009 at 3:12 pm

Very interesting. Ian, when was the timeline of Toothy’s relationship with this man? Did it coincide with the period that Toothy was dating Kirsten Dunst?

6. Kim said on February 10th, 2009 at 3:15 pm

I also want to know the timeline. How does this fit with his long term boyfriend Gray Goose?

7. Keane said on February 10th, 2009 at 3:23 pm

EM – what the fuck are you talking about? Can you read hon? I’m talking about the Exec not the actor, that’s the studio boss or director or producer or whatever, not Jake!!! Seriously have you been reading any of my posts at all? I WORK in the television industry hon, I know a lot of execs, and from comapny boss and channel head right down to runner there are openly gay people, both women and men, left right and centre. I am one for fuck’s sake! And no the industry is not gay-friendly as long as you stay in the closet at all!!! You can be as camp as christmas in telly and no-one gives a flying fuck! Are you really that stupid or did you just not read a word I said?

8. Kate said on February 10th, 2009 at 3:24 pm

Thank you Mememe, I completely agree, if he is not going to be named, and step up, he needs to shut the hell up.

9. HisHighness said on February 10th, 2009 at 3:27 pm

He told me they stopped dating cause Toothy was getting too paranoid. As for dates, I’ll reveal them soon – once I have a bit more corroboration.

10. Kim said on February 10th, 2009 at 3:30 pm

I agree with Mememe and Kate, this Hollywood executive should be outed or he should reveal who he is, come out and own this claim. It’s fair game.

11. Angie said on February 10th, 2009 at 3:57 pm

The industry really seems stuck in the 1950s as far as gay consciousness, heck human consciousness goes. It also seems overrun and ruled by self-hate, judging by the number of gay people who work inside the industry. The thing is–they are VERY out of sync with the rest of mainstream America, which unlike them, knows it’s 2009 (this is not counting the lunatic fringe–which is thankfully a slim minority). For heaven’s sake, this is a country that just elected (by a landslide) its first black president and yet Hollywood is forcing its talent and personnel to hide in closets for fear of…exactly what? Do they honestly think the ticket-buying public is going to care that Jake is gay or some female movie star loves women? The resounding answer here–except for a few lunatic fringe people, NO!! They don’t care.

12. sun said on February 10th, 2009 at 3:57 pm

So it was before the second actress who claim to you she and Jake were lovers even if she feeled he palyed on both side ????????

13. Angie said on February 10th, 2009 at 3:58 pm

They’re also not going to be surprised if say, Jake comes out. They’ll be as shocked as they were when Clay Aiken comes out. These celebs really live in an insular glass bubble, don’t they? They don’t have a clue.

14. Kate said on February 10th, 2009 at 4:04 pm

Unless he gives he name, I don’t really care what the dates are, they don’t much matter, jmo.
    Anyone could give dates, he needs to back it up with something more, like his identity. He says they were deeply in love, and he is going to OUT him. Are he and Jake doing this together, because if not, what an ass..

15. Keane said on February 10th, 2009 at 4:07 pm

But Angie, the Claymates WERE shocked when Clay came out, did you not read the posts on his fansite, it was hilarious! I’m a Brit and even I know about hugely conservative Middle America, the Bible Belt etc. Its not a lunatic fringe at all, its the mainstream ticket-buying, record-buying public. At the end of the day films and record companies are businesses, they’re not gonna risk sales or going bust for the small issue of honesty! If the cap doesn’t fit then deny it, that’s the way it goes. As long as the world keeps buying it. Hollywood doesn’t live in the 50’s so much as America does. The UK is far more forward-thinking but most of our actors/singers/presenters are still in the closet. Hell you can’t even swear or blaspheme on American telly, in the UK its fuck this and for God’s sake that in every other sentence. Hollywood is just trying to appeal to its hardcore audience.

16. Angie said on February 10th, 2009 at 4:54 pm

If we lived in the 1950s, we wouldn’t have overwhelmingly elected a black man as president. There ARE people who live in the 1950s BUT they are a minority and a vocal one at that. And with our economy being so bad, I can assure you who Jake sleeps with at night IS NOT something that is going to prevent people from seeing his movies. The only thing that will prevent people from seeing his movies is if he does crappy movies. That’s it. Most people nowadays HERE in America don’t give two shits.

The Bible Belt is a small fringe group–they did NOT elect Barack Obama by a landslide. I don’t know why Hollywood is being controlled by an obnoxious fringe group that is no longer talking for mainstream Americans. If they were, we wouldn’t have President Obama. Keane, do you know HOW many people voted in our last election? It was our most ever. That was not a minority population that got Obama elected. It was people of all racial and ideological stripes. I think the rest of the world needs to wake up and realize that.

17. Angie said on February 10th, 2009 at 4:55 pm

Actually the Bible Belt NEVER talked for mainstream America–NEVER-they definitely don’t now.

18. Karen Flats said on February 10th, 2009 at 7:24 pm

Keane’s got too much time on her hands.

19. petronilla said on February 11th, 2009 at 10:49 am

Thank you Angie, for bringing some sanity in that discussion. Come to think of it, three people suddenly e-mailing Mr. Halperin within two days and blabbermouthing about their alleged relationship with Jake Gyllenhaal (under the cover of anonymity, of course, but if their claims were true Jake might recognise them easily, wouldn’t he?)… Mmmm, this is a very suspicious coincidence. Plus that ’scoop’ about Oprah’s upcoming ‘coming out’… Too much is too much, you see, Ian. I suspect a big bluff. Hope it improves your falling sales, at least! :-D

20. lynne said on February 11th, 2009 at 11:45 am

I am just an average american. I would like to know who is living a secret gay lifestyle. NO I will not support them. How can I fantasize about someone when they are actullay taking it in the butt. It just grosses me out. Since I have found that Will Smith is gay and his marriage is a sham I have refused to watch any of his movies. I usually go see a movie every week and won’t be spending any more money on his. Why don’t these people come out of the closet and find out for themselves?

21. lynne said on February 11th, 2009 at 11:53 am

How can you people say you don’t care abou Jake? I still don’t know if any of this is true. If it is true, I feel sorry for Reese. She has a right to know. She is bringing this man around her children. Wouldn’t you want to know before you brought somebody like that around your children? That way she can decide for yourself if he should be allowed to be around her children.

22. petronilla said on February 11th, 2009 at 11:58 am

@lynne:

With due respect, Lynne, all you have found out is that Will Smith is RUMOURED to be gay, lile every successful male actor in Hollywood. Oh, but silly me! Your post is ironical of course… ;-)

23. Keane said on February 11th, 2009 at 1:38 pm

Angie how old is America? 230 odd years isn’t it? Its taken that long to elect anything other than a white male as your leader babe, that’s far from liberal and progressive I’m afraid. America is built on the principle of everyone being equal and everyone having equal rights, yet the only people who have ever had power are white, heterosexual males. To get a mixed race man (let’s forget he’s not actually 100% African American, he’s actually more Arab American than anything) into the White House was an uphill battle and the world was amazed it actually happened. And that’s not to say there wasn’t still a whol lot of prejudice against him as there would have been Hillary too if she had been the Democrat’s candidate. You really call this a liberal and free-thinking society? Obama has literally just happened. Your electorate re-elected George Bush even after the horrendous disaster of the invasion of Iraq and this was a mere 4 years ago. If you don’t think the conservative middle classes don’t hold serious power in your country you must have been born yesterday.

24. Ilias said on January 8th, 2011 at 11:01 pm

ЎHola!

Este tema es simplemente incomparable:), me es interesante)))
    [url=http://ss20.myftp.org/]Ilias[/url]