Posted on February 8th, 2009 by HisHighness in IUC:Entertainment, IUC:Exclusive

Instead of making everyone wait till noon, I decided to post this now cause I couldn’t hold it in any longer. During the past week, I’ve used some of my longtime contacts in the publishing business to find out if the rumors I was hearing from a publishing business friend of mine about a supposed upcoming book about Toothy Tile were true.  In the end, I got more than I bargained for.

Two high up editors at major publishing houses in NYC revealed to IUC at least two books are in the works about the epic saga of Toothy Tile, including one by the star himself – Jake Gyllenhaal.  According to the first editor, Gyllenhaal is currently at work on a tell all autobiography, in which he’ll use as an opportunity to reveal to the world he is indeed Toothy Tile.  “It seems he wants to write his life story and let the world know he’s dabbled in same sex relationships,” the editor said.  “He’ll use the book to clear up all the longstanding rumors about his sexuality.  The book will definitely go to auction and end up with a seven figure advance.  There’s huge interest in this.”

The editor stressed he wanted to remain cautious.  “Celebs are known more than anyone to pitch books with sensational points but often chicken out when it’s time to go to print,” the editor said.  “Gyllenhaal’s people could use his alleged gay past as a way to get more money.  But when the manuscript is handed in it could be a totally different story.  They could tone it down, saying something like ‘it only happened once when he was drunk at a party’ or something of that nature.  That would piss off the publisher but it would be too late to stop the book cause all the orders by bookstores would have been placed.”

Editor says Jake's story would be perfect for Oprah

The editor said he became privy to the information when it was leaked to him from a representative in Gyllenhaal’s camp.  “It was a heads up call, which happens all the time in our industry,” the editor said.  “Celebs who want to write books often have their reps and literary agents phone publishers to gauge their interest before going out with a proposal.  In this particular case, I have no doubt the book can be a no.1 bestseller.  First thought I have here is it’s perfect for Oprah.  Just imagine Jake on Oprah’s couch in tears telling her he would have come out sooner if he could of but he was worried about his friends, family and career.  It would be the biggest thing to hit the book businees in years.”

Meanwhile, IUC has learned Gyllenhaal is not the only person at work revealing the truth about Toothy Tile.  An editor at Random House confirmed to IUC last week he received a proposal recently from a L.A. based author about Toothy.  The editor confirmed the writer was represented by a well known New York literary agent.  He refused to reveal the name of the writer because of confidentiality purposes.   ”It’s a solid proposal, a very compelling story, something that could make waves,” the editor said.  He refused to say whether or not he acquired the rights to the book.  “I’m not allowed to reveal things like that,” he said.  DEVELOPING…

1. Keane said on February 8th, 2009 at 7:09 am

This is fine and all but why such furore around one young actor when there are plenty of much older actors who have remained in the closet – God knows how its so obvious – for years. Yes George Clooney I mean you, and how about Tommy Girl and Mark Wahlberg even? Why is Jake getting all the heat while others get a free pass?

2. HisHighness said on February 8th, 2009 at 7:11 am

I could not agree more Keane…great point.

3. Keane said on February 8th, 2009 at 8:04 am

Maybe you could point out to your pal Ted C that a blind item may be long overdue regarding Clooney’s quite open dalliances with young men at his Italian hideaway? Clooney like Gyllenhaal seems like a lovely guy, but all the more reason for them to come out and be positive role models for gay men. I’m not too familiar with the American media world but can I assume Clooney is powerful enough to keep networks like e quiet? Does e have a vested interest there that doesn’t exist with young actors like Gyllenhaal I wonder?

4. EM said on February 8th, 2009 at 8:51 am

I’d guess because Jake has distanced himself publicly during Brokeback Mountain promo, he said some pretty odd things and also made out on several occasions like it was all yuck to be with members of the same sex. I think that promo went way OTT to be honest. I wished him and Heath had just been respectful and not carried on about thier own “sexual orientation” as it were because it just started flame wars across the net and fueled the idea that Jake esp. had something to hide by being evasive. I think he could have handled it better. I really don’t get actors sometimes. They get offered great opportunities and fluff it with crap PR.

5. Mememe said on February 8th, 2009 at 8:56 am

Ian, thanks for posting early.
    @keane i think you’ve hit the nail on the head. I have an Italian friend from venice who says Clooney’s dalliances are notorious among the veneto gay community, but no one would dare go public as Clooney’s ‘people’ are more than happy to resort to violence to shut people up.

6. EM said on February 8th, 2009 at 8:57 am

BTW Keane, I think Ted has covered Clooney topics in BIs on a few occasions. He’s always getting chased by other gossip columnists too. But he actually seems to enjoy gay rumors and doesn’t make a fuss. He seems to embrace ti and play to it. He doesn’t say very negative things. He lets people think what they want. But bearding is bearding so if he is bearding (still!) then well, that’s where the waters get murky I guess….

7. motherlessgoat said on February 8th, 2009 at 9:03 am

Dabbled? Clear the air?

Are these code words for ‘that was then, Reese is now’ and ‘I’m doing this not to restore my integrity lost through the massive and embarrassing bearding attempt, but for a quick paycheck to help bolster my, and the ‘rents’, floundering fianances’?

Jake’s skating on thin ice as it is, if his book sings the praises of The General, how she turned him from his wicked gay ways into heteronormative step-dad material, he’s gone under completely, never to surface and smell the clean air of truth again. And, if so, good riddance to bad rubbish.

8. Wash Out said on February 8th, 2009 at 9:12 am

That’s the big news on how you are outing Jake? He going to write a book and say he dabbled with guys. And then what? He’ll say he met Reese and after she cut his balls off, she became the love of his life and she cured him of the evil gay urges? Please, that means you have no proof. Real proof would be someone willing to go to People and say he slept with Jake and has pics to prove it. Ian, you just pushed a bunch of hot air. Put your money where your mouth is.

9. Laurence said on February 8th, 2009 at 9:48 am

You sound hysterical–I can’t imagine anyone in the publishing industry being THIS interested in the story of such a dull, moderately talented and none-too-bright actor. The American public certainly isn’t. Nor will they be surprised–Jake is at any rate one of the most sexually ambiguous Hollywood actors working today.
    Jake and his ghostwriter(s) won’t be able to come out with another “Tab Hunter Confidential”, that’s for sure. You (”he would have come out sooner if he could of”) are illiterate enough to ghostwrite the book
    –why don’t you?

10. Laurence said on February 8th, 2009 at 10:34 am

Oh, and remember that “Hiding in Hip-Hop” book by Terrance Dean that was published in May last year? While there was a lot of publicity around it beforehand, it barely made a blip once it was released. It will never come out in paperback and will be moved to the bargain bin, after which it will be quickly forgotten. And that was an account of hidden homosexuality in an entire INDUSTRY, not just the story of one closeted young(ish) actor whose popularity is already past its peak.

11. Pat said on February 8th, 2009 at 10:50 am

Ted C talked about a book deal in early 2006, right after the release of BBM. Or some kind of gay magazine interview. Is this apart of what Ted wrote, just coming late? I can’t see this happening unless It’s about how Reese saved him from being interested in same sex adventures. How would Reese and her people stand for this shit? Don’t see it happening.
    Ian, you said you talked to someone at least 5 times in 3 weeks and this person was willing to reveal he had sexual relations with that Man (lol). This is the revealing outing I was waiting for. What happpened to it? If I’m correct, so this person wants a pay day also. Ian, if you are going to out someone, just give the statements, person, and or photos! That’s all that’s needed.

12. Keane said on February 8th, 2009 at 12:00 pm

Wash Out and Lawrence – you both sound pretty angry fellas, chill out! There is a big story here. The story here is the ridiculous charade of the sham relationship that Reese and Jake have sold to the world to keep themselves in the public eye and sell us their products (i.e. their films). If Jake had kept himself to himself and just said he was “too busy for romance” or a “confirmed bachelor” – the usual euphemisms – then gossip bloggers may well have left him alone. But the fact that he is participating in this elaborate fauxmance makes him a prime target. His PR people even feed ridiculous detail about their sham to the press to make it seem authentic. I read somewhere how Reese makes Jake take the bin out when the bag is 3/4 full as she is a clean freak – totally made up nonsense! And I would say 90% of the world believes it. The whole charade of gay actors/singers/rappers whatever pretending to be straight to appeal to conservative America has to stop otherwise our world will never more forward. Hollywood wields enormous power around the world and is hugely influential in terms of opinion-forming. There are probably more gay people in Hollywood than you would find in the average town so to pretend otherwise does serious harm to gay rights. Proposition 8 anyone? I hope the outing of Jake will start the ball rolling for many more gay actors and actresses to come out of the closet: Salma and Penelope; Matthew McConaughey; Clooney; Tommy Cruise; Travota; everyone. Hell even Emma Thompson is bisexual for God’s sake! It really is time for the world to move forward and for half of Hollywood’s mega-bucks earning stars to stop taking refuge in the closet.

13. fred said on February 8th, 2009 at 2:13 pm

So, as I understand Jake is going to write a book admitting he had gay experiences in the past but spin it as saying how now Reese “cured” him from evil homosexuality urges, and he is 100% heterosexual thanks to her “power”. Is he a scientologist now? Will he pull a Anne Heche? What an absolute lame joke he is!

Ian, please you have to out this pathetic guy. find solid proof, pics, witnesses willing to spill the beans. Continue investigating and posting about this story!

14. mike said on February 8th, 2009 at 2:59 pm

Ian, did you see the fear reactions to your outing hints from the actors’s PR? check JustJared.com for a silly speculation with pics that Reese is pregnant and TMZ to see Leo and Bar kissing. Total damage control!
    You have to out these guys with proof. Continue the stories. You are great and your site is fantastic!

15. sam said on February 8th, 2009 at 9:41 pm

Fred, it sounds like you are the really lame joke, pathetic fool here.

16. Fan said on February 17th, 2009 at 9:03 am

@Keane:

Salma and Penelope?!! Are you kidding? Salma Hayek is married to the French businessman Francois-Henri Pinault and they have a daughter. And from what I hear from my Spanish friends who work in the movie industry I very much doubt Penelope Cruz is a lesbian.

17. Keane said on February 17th, 2009 at 9:31 am

Fan – surely you know that one? That’s got to be one of the biggest open secrets in Hollyweird. Penny has had a series of beard roles for the following actors: Tommy Cruise, Matthew McConaughey and now Javier Bardem (don’t know his sexuality, this one may just be for publicity, the other 2 are defo gay/bi). Penny and Salma were always far more than BFFs, they were lovers (like Leo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire and now Lukas Haas). Her marriage to Pinault is either a cover to conceal the fact that he was in fact just the sperm donor for the baby she wanted to have with Penny or she is in fact bi and split with Penny so she could make babies with a man. I personally favour the former theory but could be the latter. If the marriage doesn’t last too long, its pretty obvious it was the former.

18. Fan said on February 17th, 2009 at 9:55 am

@Keane:

Ahem, Keane, you really should see a shrink, you know. I’m serious.

19. Keane said on February 17th, 2009 at 11:34 am

Oh Fan, thanks so much for that, I’m generally in the habit of taking advice from random clueless posters on the interwebs. Perhaps you could recommend someone for me, perhaps someone who you had some success with?! Seriously dear you just demonstrate the typical clueless attitude of someone with no insight into or knowledge of the entertainment or media industries. Salma and Penny are a very well-known couple, why would that be so shocking to you? Surely you know Tom Cruise is gay or bi as is Matthew McConaughey and that her “relationships” with them were purely “showmances” or business arrangements just like good old Reese and Jake? Penny Cruz is a very well-known beard and was with Salma for years, don’t know if they’re still together now but they certainly were. But believe what you want babe, I won’t be losing any sleep over it!

20. Fan said on February 17th, 2009 at 12:38 pm

@Keane:

Grand idea, Keanie: go to sleep, that’ll do you good. :-D

21. [...] IUC Exclusive: NYC Publishing Executives confirm at least Two Books Planned About Toothy Tile Instead of making everyone wait till noon, I decided to post this now cause I couldn