IUC Exclusive: Britney Spears and Michael Jackson are “dreadful” recording in Studio says Music Producer

Posted on November 25th, 2008 by HisHighness in IUC:Exclusive, IUC:Music

Producer says Britney needs some voice lessons

Producer says Britney needs some voice lessons

If only Britney Spears could sing in studio the way she’s able to cash in on her All American smile she’d be much more pleasant to work with, according to one of her New York record producers. The shapelessness of her psyche during recording sessions transcends into a living recording hell. The incensed producer said Spears has the blank schizoid fever of white southern trash when it comes to laying down her vox. “She’s the only artist I’ve ever worked with where it takes at least 250 takes to record a vocal,” the producer told IUC. “If you could hear just her voice tracks on solo play you’d have to block your ears. You hear the blank tones of her annoying southern drawl. Simon Cowell would have a heart attack hearing her.”
Another pop icon the producer had stirring memories working with was Michael Jackson. “Michael was impossible to deal with from the second he stepped in my studio,” the Grammy award winning producer said. “He requested mineral water from Norway and refused to wear headphones to record his vocal. That’s the biggest nightmare to work with. Imagine, no headphones and all the background noise filtering through. It’s almost impossible to clean up in post production.”
Who did this music industry icon enjoy working with? “Barry White and Paula Abdul,” he said. “They’re total pros and don’t wast time in studio learning the tune. Three or four takes and they’re done.”

1. Thunderpussgeisha said on November 25th, 2008 at 6:18 pm

Oh Brit! I got to say that I never liked Brit until recently (I admit it, somehow I have fallen in like with the WT), mainly because she sings like like a pre-puberty girl and really has absolutely nothing to offer in her voice talent. But I mean, that is Brit…she is a production. Sometimes fate intervenes like in the case of Madge, when she was forced to learn singing technique and had to take vocal lessons prior to taking the role in “Evita” as part of her contact. For that we are thankful! At least now she can sing!
    Maybe Brit should take on the role of Sarah Palin in a musical and perhaps this could make her singing more bearable. YAY Alaska!

2. modesty1 said on November 26th, 2008 at 6:44 am

I believe every word….

3. Mark said on November 26th, 2008 at 12:20 pm

Get the F outta here!? Jacko and Brit sound like *hit in the studio!? One is a talentless Southern hack that’s better at making poor life (Kevin “Fed-Ex” Federline) and career (um…picking up a microphone in the first place) decisions than actually being a performer. The other is the former “King of Pop” that now resembles a statue at Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum for chrissakes. They’re both aiming to make musical comebacks. Where are their manager’s guidance when it comes to decision-making time? Oh wait, I forgot. Michael seeks advice from a weathered “Home Alone” promo poster and Brit discusses her business most likely with her first-cousin over Menthols and Whiskey. Wow.

4. Fresh said on November 29th, 2008 at 8:16 pm

I hate your new website. Hate. It.

I am shocked you turned on Britney, Ian, and are not running with stories that contradict others that say how professional, fast, and easy Britney is to work with. The words “in contrast to” might have been interesting.

Your site has sexual for awhile and now invites hatred. With these articles you are lower than low. Where’s your book by the way? Someone stop you? Got a thing against Spears now? But you were going to make all that money.

5. Fresh said on November 29th, 2008 at 8:22 pm

How CHEAP to not even name the producer. How savage these articles of late on Britney Spears by YOU, someone she supposedly talked to. Where’s the promotion of your book? Did you have to drop the project?

6. Brandon said on January 13th, 2009 at 10:00 pm

Don’t believe the MJ thing, simply because all or most producers say they love working with him. Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, Dallas Austin, Quincy Jones, Rodney Jerkins, Babyface, etc… Also Any video recordings of MJ that you have seen has shown him in the studio wearing headphones and specifically asking to here choral and secondary voices in the headphones so that he can place the lead better. It’s BS but the people that publish this know half of you aren’t gonna research anything, you believe anything you here about michael. You know I have pictures of him leaving a UFO and I have a car to sell you.

7. TheLowlyNewshound said on January 13th, 2009 at 11:09 pm

A brief lesson in recording…

Microphones are for recording music. Headphones are for playing music.

Now take another look at your article.

Background noise on a track is a recording issue. Headphones are for playing music, not recording music.

Background noise is either there or it’s not there – whether or not Jackson wore headphones would have no impact whatsoever on whether or not the microphone picked up any background noise. That is a completely nonsensical statement. This article quite literally does not make sense.

8. TheLowlyNewshound said on January 14th, 2009 at 4:58 am

I see my comment has been removed because it undermined your story.

I shall therefore repost it.

A brief lesson in recording:

Microphones record sound. Headphones play sound.

I’m Michael Jackson. I put on my headphones. Inexplicably, some background noise occurs in the sound proof booth. How does the fact that I have headphones on in any way prevent that background noise from entering the microphone?

It doesn’t. This story is completely nonsensical. Whether or not Jackson wore headphones in the booth would have absolutely no influence on whether the microphone in the booth picked up any background noise that occurred.

The only possible explanation is that this supposedly Grammy winning producer means that sound was coming down the vacant headphones and entering the microphone. In that case, this supposedly Grammy winning producer should have used the little knob on his soundboard that turns off the headphones.

Quite simple.

Exactly how long has this Grammy winning producer been working in recording studios? He seems to have little or no understanding of his own equipment.

This story quite literally does not make sense.

9. TheLowlyNewshound said on January 14th, 2009 at 5:01 am

Your blog is experiencing some kind of error. When I clicked the link to view this story it said there were 5 comments and presented 5 comments, excluding mine.

Then I reposted and it showed 7 comments, including both of mine, but still said there were only 5 comments.

10. FUCK U said on January 14th, 2009 at 6:11 am

lollllllllll u are soooooo fucking stupid, enough said!

11. Ray said on January 14th, 2009 at 2:10 pm

@TheLowlyNewshound:

Alright, I actually have a Bachelor’s degree in audio production and what the producer means by “background noise” is the actual sound coming out of the headphones when they are not sealed around the ears. He means to say that when Mike has the headphones resting below his ears instead of on top of them, the track playing through the headphone speakers is being re-recorded underneath the vocals he’s singing into the microphone. If you listen to a capella tracks, you can sometimes hear the headphones too, with any artist.

This producer is spoiled. YOU WORKED WITH MICHAEL JACKSON, MORON! Count your blessings…

12. TheLowlyNewshound said on January 14th, 2009 at 6:07 pm

@Ray:

So why didn’t the producer just cut the feed to Jackson’s headphones?

This story is a fiction. Anybody who has listened to Jackson’s BIllie Jean demo, for instance, will hear him asking Quincy to turn his headphones up.

Jackson has been in the business for over forty years and nobody who has worked with him in the studio has ever described him as anything but a consummate professional. Jackson has produced a lot of his own material and would know about background noise and the such like.

This is nothing but another in a long line of fictional stories Halperin has produced about Jackson. Halperin claimed not long ago that Jackson has six months to live. Does anybody buy that?

The guy is a terrible reporter.

13. brandon said on December 22nd, 2009 at 2:18 pm

It’s funny, either you are lying or the producer is, because you can pull up tons of video and pics of Michael from his younger years all the way up to his last years on this earth and I may have seen one without headphones. Further more your integrity is blasted because you said michael had a rare disease and illness and how great for you if he had died of those causes but instead both his full medical check up before the concerts and his autopsy after said the only thing wrong with him was the prescription drugs in his system and that he hadn’t eaten in over 24 hours.

14. recording studios said on March 16th, 2010 at 6:11 am

Good writing. Keep up the good work. I just added your RSS feed my Google News Reader..

recording studios nyc

15. Beard Trimmer · said on November 4th, 2010 at 4:55 am

voice lessons that also teaches proper breathing is the best, breathing and singing always go hand in hand ‘

16. Tungsten Carbide %0A said on December 3rd, 2010 at 12:09 pm

you should take vocal lessons if there is a need for you to sound like Taylor Swift or Josh Groban ‘–

17. Kitchen Cupboards %0A said on December 3rd, 2010 at 12:31 pm

my voice lessons were given to me by my aunt who also teaches some amateur pop singers to improve their voices ‘~:

18. buy Diflucan or Diflucan said on March 31st, 2011 at 8:03 pm

I feel like you could probably teach a class on how to make a great blog. This is fantastic! I have to say, what really got me was your design. You certainly know how to make your blog more than just a rant about an issue. Youve made it possible for people to connect. Good for you, because not that many people know what theyre doing.

19. cheap Paxil generic said on April 27th, 2011 at 12:28 pm

There are certainly a couple more details to take into consideration, but thank you for sharing this information.

20. Jesus Capozzoli said on September 5th, 2011 at 3:02 am

Person I really completely drill down this particular posting and this was also excellent and I am want to save you it. I need to the wonderful study this info has can be considerably remarkable !! Who that extra exploration these days? Well done Also an additional proposition to your account is that you simply canget a good Translator Application form for your Throughout the world Visitors !!

21. [...] to mind this snippet, talking about how both Brit and Michael are horrors to work with in the recording studio: If only Britney Spears could sing in studio the way she’s able to cash in on her All American [...]

22. [...] to mind this snippet, talking about how both Brit and Michael are horrors to work with in the recording studio: If only Britney Spears could sing in studio the way she’s able to cash in on her All American [...]

23. Cander said on September 16th, 2011 at 7:49 am

Great…

love your blog, http://adrienese.insanejournal.com/ ,Thanks again….