Sarah Palin Effigy causes stir in West Hollywood

Posted on October 27th, 2008 by HisHighness in IUC:Entertainment, IUC:Politics

Democrats in Hollywood want to hang Palin by noose
Sarah Palin hanging by a noose of a West Hollywood home is attracting huge crowds. (CBS)

1. Pamela Stewart said on October 27th, 2008 at 12:35 pm

Why gosh darn, this is just plain mean, Sarah Palin would never wear that. Oops, update, maybe she would, since she sent many of the expensive clothes back and said she is back to wearing clothes she purchased from her local consignment shop. She looks like she has bed head, maybe she just spent a wild night night with Todd making a new little Palin and is putting on this blank face for the media.

2. Madeline Barbara said on October 27th, 2008 at 1:18 pm

I am not one for liking anybody hung in effigy… especially since it’s usually Black men. HOWEVER, I’ve gotta say I LOVE this. Pain (oops I mean Palin) and McCain should be hung upside down because that’s what they will do to this country and the world if they “win” this “election.” They will turn everything upside down and inside out. She is Cheney in drag and McCain is probably too far gone at this point to know anything that’s going on other than this might be another stolen election so he could say “shit on a stick” and he’ll probably win. I can’t imagine the repubs giving up power. Maybe that’s why they attacked Syria. Stir up some trouble to give McCain an edge. I think they ALL should be hung in effigy… Bush, Cheney, McCain, Palin (among many others). And that’s the LEAST of what should be done to them. As far as Palin, she is an insult to women everywhere, from all time… forever.

3. Sebastian Fort said on October 27th, 2008 at 2:44 pm

In terms of her clothes (mentioned in the 1st comment above): CONSIGNMENT SHOP? I ask you – what could she possibly FIND at her local consignment shop in Wasilia? I did find a few when I googled that you can find here http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=consignment+shops+wasilla+alaska‘&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

but seriously! There is no way she found those threads there…

But – the real issue – it is in bad taste. Slightly bad taste. Barely bad taste! Yet, it’s Halloween after all and it is a 2nd Christmas for most gays. Let them have their fun!

Now if you excuse me I have a mannequin that needs dressing…and hanging!

4. AliciaButler said on October 27th, 2008 at 3:20 pm

Pssshh… that doesn’t even look like Sarah Palin. How do we know its really her? My money says its an angry rogue NBC employee, turned bad and they’re taking their revenge on Tina Fey. Look at those ears. Yup, definitely Tina Fey.

5. Rob said on October 27th, 2008 at 3:51 pm

As a gay man, an ardent supporter of Barack Obama and a volunteer for No on 8, I am deeply troubled by the image of the Sarah Palin mannequin hanging in effigy in West Hollywood. I detest this woman and everything she stands for, but this shocking and ugly image does not reflect my values, nor, I believe, does it reflect the spirit of freedom and equality that West Hollywood represents. The people who did this should not need to be reminded of the power of hate and the danger of such displays.

6. WeHo Resident said on October 27th, 2008 at 5:29 pm

Anyone know where the house is?

I just wanna see it for sh*ts and giggles :)

7. anon87 said on October 27th, 2008 at 7:48 pm

^^^^^ I agree Rob

8. section9 said on October 27th, 2008 at 8:52 pm

I’m a Republican and a straight man. I’m also a virulent opponent of Prop. 8. My brother got married to his partner just this past weekend in Burbank.

Who is the AssClown who got this image popularized in the California Media when the No Forces are trying to get people to vote against 8? That this image came from a gay enclave only hurts the movement to turn back the Elmer Gantry crowd and the LDS (that would be Mitt Romney’s people, primarily-he wants this coonskin on his wall) people that are funding the Yes 527’s. It paints gays and lesbians as fringe extremists when in fact they are citizens advocating for their civil rights just like anyone else.

Sarah Palin didn’t get hurt by this stunt. Gays and Lesbians who are advocates for civil marriage got hurt by this stunt. Infintilismo!

This image did not help the No On 8 Advocates. In fact, in all my years in politics, I can tell you that it’s one of the more tragically mistimed photos to come out in some time. It was dumb, it was stupid, it was “gay redneck”. Aside from advocating faux-violence against Palin-it was counterproductive to a great civil rights cause which I support.

Shame on the assholes who did this, not simply to Sarah Palin, but to themselves and to gays and lesbians in California.

9. Feuilly said on October 29th, 2008 at 5:55 am

WeHo Resident: The house is at 1253 N Orange Grove Ave, West Hollywood, CA 90046 (thanks, Google.)

10. Wendy said on October 30th, 2008 at 4:26 am

I am going to go get a black male mannequin and put big ears on it, and a suit with a NOBAMA sign on the front. I am going to hang it from a flag pole by its neck. I will call it political art. See how you like that! If you call it a hate crime, then you are a bunch of hypocrites.

11. Barack Obama said on November 15th, 2008 at 3:25 am

I don\’t normally leave comments! But what you said here makes one think! Would you mind if I placed a link back from my blog?