IUC Exclusive: Obama Campaign plans major assault on John McCain for shielding wife Cindy, a notorious drug addict, thief, fraudster who should be behind bars

Posted on October 20th, 2008 by HisHighness in IUC:Exclusive, IUC:Politics

Cindy McCain has sordid illegal past of drugs, fraud and using her powerful husband’s connections to avoid prison
In a three-week political investigation, IUC has uncovered the secret weapon that the Barack Obama Presidential campaign has been holding up its sleeve to guarantee victory in November.
According to multiple sources in both parties, Cindy McCain’s history as a drug addict and a thief is the reason Obama sleeps soundly every night while McCain staffers have large bags under their eyes.
It is hardly a secret that Cindy McCain was once addicted to painkillers and in 1993 was caught stealing prescription drugs from a charity she founded, the American Voluntary Medical Team. At the time, the story got a little traction but because her husband was simply a Senator of an obscure western state, it didn’t get much national attention. It turns out that the matter was investigated by the DEA at the time but then quietly dropped when Cindy agreed to a 90-day rehab stint. Every once in a while, the story is quietly mentioned in liberal publications such as the New York Times and Newsweek, usually buried deeply in the middle of a profile of the Senator or his wife. But it is a safe assumption that the overwhelming majority of Americans have never heard the sordid history about their potential future First Lady, nor more damaging rumors about her husband’s role at the time at preventing her arrest on criminal charges.
That may be about to change.
According to a well-placed Democratic strategist currently working on a state level for Obama 2008, the campaign has long planned the following scenario in case the polls narrow before election day and it looks like an Obama victory is in doubt:
A strategically placed Democratic surrogate — possibly an elected official — will give an interview to a sympathetic media outlet demanding an investigation into whether John McCain, as a US Senator, intervened to squash the investigation launched by the federal Drug Enforcement Administration over his wife’s actions. For years, those close to the story wondered how Cindy escaped any retribution whatsoever after admitting to a federal crime. At the time the story became public, defense lawyers told the Phoenix New Times that if McCain had been a poor minority instead of being married to a US Senator, she would have been locked up.
Cindy McCain has history of fraud
According to the Democratic source, “The beauty of leaking the Cindy McCain story and linking it to her husband is that it would force the McCain campaign to address the charges. This would make the story fair game and public fodder for the majority of the media that has so far avoided the scandal like a ten foot pole. Suddenly, instead of maybe five per cent of Americans knowing the story about Cindy’s past, everybody will know that John is married to an admitted drug addict and thief who stole drugs from her own charity. That part of the story is undeniable. It makes anything leveled against Hillary Clinton over Whitewater seem puny in comparison. What will that do to his image as Mr. integrity? The Obama campaign, of course, will immediately distance itself from the story, declare it out of bounds and remain above the fray, but the damage will be done.”
Three other Democratic sources confirm that there has been an internal debate in the party for months over the question if and when to lob this political grenade.
“At the very least,” confides a campaign staffer who says he doesn’t believe they will ever employ this tactic, “it will prevent the McCain campaign from launching any kind of October Surprise of their own. They know we have this, and they know we’ll use it if necessary. It’s our version of mutual assured destruction.”
Contacted last week, a mid-level Republican National Committee source confirmed to IUC that this has long been the Republicans’ “nightmare scenario.”
“We always wondered if they would use this against us,” he said. “To tell you the truth, I’m surprised that they have been disciplined enough to keep it in their holsters this long.”

1. JCW said on October 20th, 2008 at 10:33 am

Please tell me this isn’t the “Blockbuster” I’ve been anxiously awaiting since yesterday…. This was extensively covered in the October 6th issue of Globe, which would seem to indicate someone in the Democratic party has ALREADY worked to put the story out there….

Now learning that McCain had developed a taste for eleven year old Asian girls, or Bill and Hillary are silent partners in a multi state prostitution ring, THAT would be a blockbuster story. Recycling a story that’s already made the rounds in the tabloids doesn’t count. What would be shocking is if that uptight ice queen WASN’T hooked on something… who can blame her?

You owe me something juicy later today… start digging.

2. Sarah Kolbasowski said on October 20th, 2008 at 10:46 am

Woah! Cindy McCain, you slick woman you. I, personally, think this quite a story. Not because she was addicted to painkillers or even because she committed a federal crime, but because the focus of the story is to show that the Obama campaign staffers are planning on using this as their ace in the hole. Holy strategy Batman!

We all know that being married to a US Senator is not exactly living on the street, looking for a fix, worrying about a poor prescription plan that won’t allow you to keep up your addiction. After all, all she had to do was steal from a charity that SHE started. Wow! That takes one giant pair of steel ones, if you ask me. However, like I said, it’s not so much that she did this because, let’s face it, if we dig enough, we’ll find skeletons in almost every American politician’s closet that would make most of us look like saints, it’s that this is the political strategy that could possibly put Obama in that pretty little seat in the Oval Office.

I ask you, the voters of America, is this cool? Are we only going to fault Cindy McCain for her actions if Obama is losing in the polls come election day?

3. JCW said on October 20th, 2008 at 11:05 am

Sarah,

“I, personally, think this quite a story. Not because she was addicted to painkillers or even because she committed a federal crime, but because the focus of the story is to show that the Obama campaign staffers are planning on using this as their ace in the hole.”

They already have… who do you think got the 10/6 Globe story in print?

4. trapswagg said on October 20th, 2008 at 11:17 am

I hope he doesnt go there.I think obama is better than that so i doubt it.What does his wife have to do with it anyways..??
    Gosh..ill be glad when all this shit is over with!!!Im tired of it being all over the place.Im tired of dumb ass trying to act like they know something bumping they gums with theyre one sided ass oppinions all over the blogs radio stations and news channels.Vote for who youre going to vote for and shut the fuck up!!!!

5. Fern LaPlante said on October 20th, 2008 at 11:28 am

If this story is true, then I’m sure Obama’s celebrity supporters, in particular, will feel downright disgusted and even more alienated from the McCain’s. I mean, no one in Hollywood has ever battled addiction or substance abuse of any kind. Clearly it’s some kind of character flaw, rather than a serious disease that leads people to do desperate things they might not normally do, right?

6. JCW said on October 20th, 2008 at 11:43 am

7. Petra said on October 20th, 2008 at 11:51 am

While I haven’t read the Globe article, knowing His Highness’s journalistic background makes me feel a bit more secure in the veracity of his report. His Highness, while the author of an internet entertainment site, is also a world renowned investigative journalist whose opinion, once attached to an issue, lends credence to what it is he is reporting. I would lean toward believing Ian’s account as he doesn’t speculate on issues that he can’t back up.

That being said, I think it is beyond disappointing that American politicians continue to rely on tactics such as this to win elections. Whether or not McCain’s wife is hooked on painkillers and stole them from her own charity has nothing to do with the issues that ought to land or bar McCain himself from the oval office. If you watch the political adverts by McCain’s party, they do not provide any indication of what McCain’s platform is – rather they attempt to make Obama look like a bad, bad man. The sad truth is that Americans are so easily swayed by fantastic scandals (Clinton & Lewinsky, anyone?) that the political platform on which a man runs, or their positive history in office, can prove to be irrelevant.

8. Madeline Barbara Goldstein said on October 20th, 2008 at 12:09 pm

There are levels on which I think it is really unfortunate that Cindy McCain has had drug problems. Having been around people for a good deal of my life that have substance abuse issues has given me both a profound feeling of compassion, but also, having been on the receiving end of their addiction, I am very angry. It’s an interesting combination. Compassion and anger. As far as Cindy goes… it has been an open secret that she’s had this problem and stolen (probably because she can’t afford the drugs?) to get drugs. I have very little compassion for her. She chose to be with McCain for whatever reason. I can’t imagine ANYONE wanting to be with McCain on any level, especially intimately. I also usually think it’s best to leave politicans’ personal lives out of campaigns. However, that being said, considering what the McCain campaign is doing and considering that she stands there and agrees with McCain and stays with him, I think she sold her soul a long time ago. Also, considering that the republicans probably have all kinds of “dirt” on the democrats which has been one of their weapons of choice, I think it’s great that the Obama campaign could potentially use this information. Unfortunately, considering the tenor of the McCain campaign and the racist, hate filled campaign they are running, it’s hard to believe that the exposure of Cindy’s issues will slow them down or stop them. The evil they have unleashed creates and feeds off its own energy. However the Obama campaign and democratic party handles this, at this point, is fine with me. I believe in taking the high road. I also believe you don’t go to a gun fight with a b b gun or a knife.

9. JCW said on October 20th, 2008 at 12:15 pm

My point, Petra, is not that I in any way doubt Ian’s story… it’s just that it’s a story that’s already been told. The Dems attempting to use it to their advantage has already occurred – it just didn’t get the traction I think they were hoping for. Leak it through the tabloids and then they don’t have to look like they were in any way involved.

As to the rest of your post, I couldn’t agree more.

10. Sebastian Fort said on October 20th, 2008 at 1:59 pm

Well, I think you should put yourselves in Cindy McCain’s $475.00 Taryn Rose heels (with tax on top I am sure). No one seems to think about her! If you are a ‘busy’ trophy GOP wife what time do you have to go to your very own doctor to tell him you need a prescription? And imagine the sheer embarrassment! You know how hard it is for a high-profile, wealthy woman to convince her doctor to keep filling her plastic vials? It has to be almost as hard as getting an appointment at the local free clinic.

My God – the guilt she must have walked around in those early days of their marriage must have been overwhelming. She NEEDED those pills! It took a lot for her to steal John from his first wife, bound as she was to a wheelchair during his POW days and all. THINK ABOUT IT! Furthermore, If you’re rearing children, worrying about which strand of pearls to match to your Oscar de la Renta dress, and never know when your hubby is going to call asking to bring Mr Keating and three or four others over for dinner to commit de facto fraud in their own right my God…you shouldn’t even be THINKING of helping out the world’s poor! You should simply be in your tasteful boudoir popping, snorting, smoking and injecting yourself to the point of tasteful semi-consciousness. Come on guys? Remember how wealthy we were in the 80s? I think we owe it all to Nancy Reagan’s bout with cocaine. Think how many millions in illegal dollars she unwittingly pumped into the economy.

I say we should NOT leak this to the liberal media! I say it’s about time we had a transparent, cold, calculating and totally-out-of-touch First Lady in the White House.

11. JCW said on October 20th, 2008 at 2:42 pm

I’m in love with Sebastian Fort.

12. Lisa Wright said on October 20th, 2008 at 4:04 pm

You people are missing the point. The Obama campaign didn’t need to leak this to a tabloid. The story of Cindy McCain’s drug addiction and theft has circulated for years and is in the public domain. Yet most media have not picked up on it for fear of being accused of a scurrilous and irrelevant personal attack on the wife of a spouse. (Funny, they were never reticent about publishing the false accusations against Hillary Clinton during Whitewater 15 years ago.)

The Obama campaign needs to secretly give the media an excuse to print this story as newsworthy. Ian’s angle makes perfect sense. If done skilfully, it could indeed sow suspicion among independents.

Top-notch reporting, Ian.

13. Liela Chambers said on October 20th, 2008 at 6:12 pm

The fact that this story has been broken before and didn’t catch on is irrelevant. The fact that this may or may not be the way for Obama’s campaign to guarantee coming out on top is also pretty impertinent.

The issue that people should be worried about here is the fact that no matter how “out of bounds” candidates’ personal lives are supposed to be, they simply are not. Especially when said candidates are riding around America on their high horses preaching morality and family values.

Sarah Palin wants to teach creationism in schools and preaches abstinence before marriage to her constituents. Yet her high school-aged daughter is about to become a card carrying member of the Unwed Mothers Club.

Similarly, John McCain wants to transform America into a moralistic country with the highest standard of values the world has ever seen. Yet his OWN WIFE is a former junkie who stole from the CHARITY she started?! What kind of woman is that? And what kind of man does it make him to have married – and stayed with – a woman like that. Add to that the possibility that McCain may have used illegal and/or under-handed methods to clear his trophy wife of the charges.

I’m not saying that Obama is above any of this, that he doesn’t have skeletons in his closet, or that the above platforms are the ONLY ones of any importance in this election. What I AM saying is that a person’s personal integrity should be just as important as their ideas.

Judging someone by their character is the way we choose our friends, it should be no different when we choose the person that’s supposed to run our country.

14. Lisa Wright said on October 22nd, 2008 at 12:28 pm

Touché, Liela!

15. Oxnard said on October 23rd, 2008 at 4:48 pm

I agree with JCW: “It’s not Mrs. McCain’s alleged addiction and illegal actions that are the crux of the story, it’s whether or not Mr. McCain participated in any illegal or unethical behavior to get her off the hook.”

I’m sure he did. But look, these insane neo-conservatives forgave Rush Limbaugh for taking 20-30 Oxycontins a day after he said all drug users should go to jail. Incredible!

16. Barack Obama said on October 27th, 2008 at 10:38 am

I don\’t normally leave comments! But what you said here makes one think! Would you mind if I placed a link back from my blog?

17. Lorinda Sandoval said on November 12th, 2008 at 10:50 pm

u61c19iabekbbal2

18. Michel Mayen said on May 27th, 2011 at 10:49 pm

I’ve been checking your blog for a while now, seems like everyday I learn something new :-) Thanks

19. Marcos Victory said on August 20th, 2011 at 5:36 am

Thanks for posting. Good to see that not everyone is using RSS feeds to build their blogs ;)

20. Isiah Calligan said on August 21st, 2011 at 9:40 pm

I would like to say “wow” what a inspiring post. This is really great. Keep doing what you’re doing!!

21. Conrad Mclaws said on September 5th, 2011 at 12:11 am

Intriguing post. I have been searching for some good resources for solar panels and discovered your blog. Planning to bookmark this one!

22. Isiah Calligan said on September 8th, 2011 at 6:45 pm

I’ve just started off a blog, the knowledge you give on this site has aided me extremely. Thank you for all your time & work.

23. Taylor Pniewski said on September 17th, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Nice post! You truly have a wonderful way of writing which I find captivating! I will definitely be bookmarking you and returning to your blog. In fact, your post reminded me about a strange thing that happened to me the other day. I’ll tell you about that later…

24. Dudley Codell said on September 19th, 2011 at 2:02 am

Hello, this is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting in your blog especially on how to determine the topic. keep up the good work.

25. Micheal Muramoto said on October 16th, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Awesome post. I so good to see someone taking the time to share this information

26. Myles Glaue said on October 16th, 2011 at 7:29 pm

I was just having a conversation over this I am glad I came across this it cleared some of the questions I had.

27. Taylor Pniewski said on October 20th, 2011 at 11:47 am

Great read. Thanks for the info!

28. Mackenzie Hardridge said on October 22nd, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Good! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?

29. kjersic said on September 17th, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Hello…

My life,vist ithttp://writernia.com/blog/12677 ,Thanks….