IUC Exclusive: Ex-Scientologist outs John Travolta

Posted on September 26th, 2008 by HisHighness in His Highness Hollywood, IUC:Exclusive

During research for my new movie His Highness Hollywood, I posed undercover as a gay actor to expose the homophobia of the Church of Scientology, among others. During my research, I spoke to a prominent Los Angeles artist named Michael Pattinson, who was a Scientologist for almost 25 years and filed a lawsuit in US federal Court against the Church because he claimed that Scientology promised to turn him straight. He claimed he spent $500,000 in auditing fees since he joined the Church in the 70’s but is still gay. In this exclusive clip from my new film, Pattinson goes public to out Travolta, who joined the Church around the same time. Also check out this article

1. Devon Jackson said on September 26th, 2008 at 5:37 pm

Now way-way-wait a sec. Yes, Pattinson does indeed out Travolta. And seems to relay this shocker–SHOCKER!!!–with enough casualness and sincerity that it leaves little room for doubt. But. It was an affair that seems to have occurred in Travolta’s past. Nay? Pattinson refers to it as having gone on in past tense. So . . . wouldn’t that mean that Travolta WAS gay but probably isn’t gay now? I mean, he was probably there at Scientology for the same–or similar enough–reasons Pattinson was: to cure himself of his gayness. It didn’t work for Pattinson, but maybe it worked for the Trav. Besides, look how successful Travolta became. That seems proof enough too that Scientology not only cured him of his gay thing but after successfully ridding him of his dicksucking tendencies they turned him into the international star that he is today. Hallelujah!

2. Crystalfrost Jones said on September 26th, 2008 at 7:33 pm

Let’s assume for a moment that all this nonsense is true.

(It isn’t, but let’s just assume it for sake of argument.)

How can we take this Pattinson character seriously, since as a disgruntled ex-member, he clearly has a revenge axe to grind, and since he has no moral problem with spreading rumors about the sexual preference of a major celebrity?

If he wants to hate on Scientology, well, okay, there’s no reason to do that but hey, it’s a free world. But why drag red herrings like Travolta’s sexuality into it? Travolta’s sex life is none of his business.

But there lies the problem with these anti-Scientology crusaders – they really have lost touch with reality and they honestly think that EVERYTHING is their business if it helps their cause. Even if it damages people’s reputations or hurts their feelings.

By the way, the Churches of Scientology are NOT homophobic, not in principle, and not in practice. Stop saying that they are just because you read it on the net on some conspiracy site.

3. Brady Sullivan said on September 26th, 2008 at 8:19 pm

After checking out your blog I can’t tell if you’re an elaborate gimmick or not, but I’ll just go ahead an reply as though you are just a Scientologist out to defend their religion.

First off, Ian doesn’t believe that the Church of Scientology harbors some homophobia because he read it on a conspiratorial blog. You know why he believes it? Because he joined the church posing as a gay actor and experienced it first hand! “His Highness Hollywood” is available now on DVD, so why not check it out? It’s a hell of a lot cheaper than L. Ron Hubbard’s endless book and DVD collection.

And Travolta’s sexuality is fair game because he’s put himself out there as an ambassador of Scientology. He has chosen to talk about that area of his personal life openly, and with such controversy surrounding Scientology and their views on homosexuality, not to mention the long standing rumors about John, it’s a legitimate point to consider. I know it must be rough to face the fact that the star of your favorite movie Battlefield Earth is gay, which Hubbard said was an actual physical illness and also “far from normal and extremely dangerous to society,” but it’s time to consider reality.

I’ll make a deal with John though: I will stop discussing your personal life if you agree not to make Wild Hogs 2. Please?

4. Crystalfrost Jones said on September 26th, 2008 at 9:28 pm

You heard it here first folks – “Travolta’s sexuality is fair game because he’s put himself out there as an ambassador of Scientology.” Whoa! Jawohl, herr commandant!

No offense, but I simply don’t believe Ian’s claims. I know plenty of openly LGBTQ Scientologists, on both coasts. Ian’s experience has not been my experience.

5. Dawn said on September 26th, 2008 at 9:58 pm

I know from a third party reliable source that John Travolta has engaged in homosexual relationships (a CoS insider). There is nothing wrong with that from my perspective. It is merely Travolta’s relationship with Scientology and its hypocritical stance on homosexual.

6. Devon Jackson said on September 26th, 2008 at 11:51 pm

Well, Crystalfrost Jones, I gotta take Ian’s back on all this and although I am not an L a G a B or even a T I am most definitely a Q: meaning, I am Questioning. And my first question is: who the fuck are you and why don’t you come out your own damn self about being a Scientologist or a Scientologist flack?

7. Michael O said on September 27th, 2008 at 3:16 am

I’d be much more embarrassed of my Scientology than my homosexuality if I were Travolta. In fairness, I suppose it’s not his choice. The American public, who ultimately determine his Hollywood worth, would rather plunk down their 10 bucks to see a freaky Scientologist (with their “thetons” and their “e-meters” and their assassins) than a homosexual (with their…uh..sodomy? Who doesn’t love sodomy, in one form or another? And what about lavish award ceremonies? What would you do without those, America?).

Our priorities as a bigoted nation are so backwards right now. Maybe we can come together and convince those gullible red staters that it’s actually Scientologists who need to be prevented from getting married.

8. Brady Sullivan said on September 27th, 2008 at 6:11 am

“(Why do you so condescendingly say “Battlefield Earth” must be my “favorite movie”? It’s a TERRIBLE movie! With all due respect to Travolta, they made a travesty of LRH’s wonderful book. I guess you think all Scientologists automatically love the movie just on general principles.)”

It’s called a joke. Sorry if it offended you, but it was just a joke. Anyone that actually claims Battlefield Earth as their favorite movie is clinically insane.

9. Eric said on September 27th, 2008 at 7:17 am

Whether or not John Travolta is gay, is non of my concern. As far as I can tell, Travolta is some sort of alien-esque automaton, with sub-par acting abilities sent back in time… no scratch that…sent forward in time, from the year -14Ad5GarBLOCK, in order to save humanity from the pending doom of the upcoming election.

But putting ill-made religions aside, Travolta is pretty gay. As a conscious being, though, Mr. Saturday Night Fever decided that being gay was something that he wasn’t into. That’s fine. Sometimes I wish I could change my biology, too–why must I have such an unquenchable thirst for alcohol!?! John Travolta is gay, he’s ashamed of being gay, so he married a woman, and he’s living his life. Maybe some bogus religion told Johnny boy that they could fix him, and he paid some money and spent tons of effort in auditing or what have you, and now he’s cured.

Of course John Travolta wasn’t cured of his lust for the bologna baton. I was just trying to be objective. The fact of the matter is, that Scientology wrongfully commits the error of any religion in attempting to cure something that is fundamental and inseparable from the individual. Brain disease or not, it is what it is. Deal with it. Sex is truly one of the few human activities that we can all, responsibly, participate in that will have absolutely no effect, neither good nor bad, on anyone other than the parties involved. It is an absolute blasphemy to anyone who treasures humanity, and a direct violation of civil rights, hell, of the right to live, to condemn the individual’s choice of sex partners.

We live in a society where the person with the high public profile is the most likely to be susceptible to and affected by the complaints and grievances made by those surrounding them. Some will be affected more than others. Of those affected, some will want to relieve those feelings of guilt by giving in to doing what may be deemed moral or correct, and not what necessarily is right.

That being said, Travolta is not retarded. Deep down he ponders and feels just like any other human being. Independent of public opinion, only he can decide and choose what he wants to do with his life. Even if it means living a lie.

Disagree with others’ lifestyles, or not.

10. Sebastian Fort said on September 27th, 2008 at 1:01 pm

I could be wrong but…if people spent this much time chattering about the state of the economy and presidential race we might have a much better government in our midst.

Of course John Travolta is most likely a homosexual.

I have gaydar…

11. José Orduña said on September 27th, 2008 at 1:20 pm

Oh poor John Travolta, so many people picking on him. Maybe he can go cry on his, HIS Boeing 707 or one of his other planes which he parks on his property because his gigantic mansion has its own runway. So no, no one should feel bad for hairpiece wearing, greasy, fat, butt chinned John Travolta, his wealthy @$$ can $&#^ a &#*$ and put it in his &$*. He probably has 25 house boys in his mansion that all roam around in man thongs and bath robes tossing lit firecrackers around like that guy from Boogie Nights. But hey, if he’s given up being a vaginatarian and switched to the sausage that’s his decision because we live in America, where we have progressive, thoughtful people who aren’t ignorant enough to discriminate based on lifestyle choices, our government just needs to catch up. I guess that’s what happens when you elect a born-again religious fanatic who probably has brain damage from substance abuse. Now, I know that my following comments are going to offend some readers, but frankly I find it to be the truth and am within my right to express it. Yes, Scientology is crazy, CRAZY! I mean The Space Opera, thetans, silent birth, etc. But hey, how about a man walking on water, or turning water into wine? I mean if you put someone on a cross, stab them in the side making sure they are dead, then they rise out of their tomb doesn’t that make them a zombie? Sure Scientology is crazy, but can you tell me Christianity isn’t? I mean Jesus is basically like a zombified Chris Angel walking around doing all kinds of sweet magic.

12. Deep Dish said on September 27th, 2008 at 7:53 pm

I agree with Sebastian. If people spent this much time chattering about the state of the economy and presidential race, we might have a much better government in our midst. Amen.

As for Mr. Travolta, Scientology cannot cure anyone of their homosexuality. There is no cure. If you’re gay, you’re always going to be gay. Oh sure, you can resist engaging in homosexual sex. Lots of gay men do that and get married and have kids and live pretty miserable lives. But they are STILL GAY. And, yes, there are bisexuals. Personally I’ve never really understood bisexuality–it seems so unfair that such people can enjoy sleeping with EVERYONE. But that’s just me.

I don’t think Mr. Travolta is a bisexual. I met a guy years ago who worked with the actor on the film, “Grease”, way back when. And he told me John was most definitely gay. I don’t know if he was telling me the truth or not, but I find it very sad if Mr. Travolta and any other actor (who shall remain nameless but we all know who I’m talking about) became involved with Scientology in order to reject their true sexuality. It’s 2008, folks, come out of the closet for God’s sake. If The Gayken can do it, so can you.

13. Deep Dish said on September 27th, 2008 at 7:58 pm

Damn. I just spent way too much time chattering about Mr. Travolta’s sexuality and Scientology. So to make up for that, I’m posting the following message:

Voter registration deadlines are looming in most states, and the people you encourage to register could make a big difference in this election. America cannot afford four more years of the last eight years, so let’s make sure Barack Obama and Joe Biden win this election. Register to vote today–and make sure all your “Democratic” friends, family members and strangers on the street are registered as well. The more who are registered, the merrier we’ll be on November 4. Go to http://www.voteforchange.com.

Now I feel a little bit better.