IUC Exclusive: This is the Week of Celeb Outings…Elvis was Gay and Jewish

Posted on September 25th, 2008 by HisHighness in IUC:Exclusive, IUC:Music, Uncategorized

Elvis making out with Don Ho

Since this is the week of everyone outing everyone (Lindsey, Clay, Condi…) I thought the time is perfect to explore those longwithstanding rumors about the The King of Rock’N Roll. Its fact Elvis Presly was obsessed with James Dean, having watched Rebel Without a Cause some 50 odd times, which resulted in Elvis having an obsession with a young actor named Nick Adams who appeared in the film. According to a longtime member of the King’s entourage, Elvis’ idol was Dean, who has been outed in numerous media over the years. According to a book written several years ago by David Bret called Elvis: The Holly Wood Years, at least half of Hollywood was gay including the King himself. Bret claimed Col. Tom Parker’s legendary Svengali type grip over Elvis was because he told Elvis he would out him if Elvis ever tried to fire him. In turn, Parker “found himself shelling out substantial amounts of hush money to people who wanted to ‘out’ his star.”
Meanwhile, as the Jewish New Year approaches, its important to mention that Elvis was a Jew. According to a book and film by NY Times bestselling author Max Wallace, Elvis actually had Jewish roots. According to Wallace, Elvis respected the Sabbath and years after his mother Gladys died Elvis had a Star of David inscribed on her gravestone . Read More

1. José Orduña said on September 25th, 2008 at 12:54 pm

Well that explains all the rhinestones. I can see Elvis now, sitting on one of his ivory and gold chairs, snorting mountains of cocaine, and giggling as he bedazzles his white jump suit. Or perhaps he just raided Liberace’s closet, either one seems feasible. I think the real reason Elvis didn’t embrace his Jewish roots is that the yarmulke would have flattened his amazingly greasy pompadour.

2. John Dillon said on September 25th, 2008 at 1:44 pm

So citing Elvis as the King of Rock and Roll wasn’t so apt after all, eh? I suppose we might have known given his growing flamboyancy in the later years of his career. After all, I can’t think of another explanation for his bejeweled outfits and faux-karate stage antics. Well, scratch that– I suppose the late “King’s” love of all things gaudy and questionable could have been explained by his admiration of designer drugs. Also, if the King was really the Queen, how do we explain his later physique? The gay community commonly places a large emphasis on being in good shape, whereas Elvis placed a large emphasis on largeness. But bouncing back to the other hand– what of the pink tea cozies and golden curtain rods of Graceland? Surely that cannot be explained away simply as Tennessee chic. Oh King, why did you have to leave us with so many questions that need answers?

3. Alicia Butler said on September 25th, 2008 at 1:57 pm

I’m sorry, Jose. That is hysterical. I can’t stop laughing- and by the look my co-workers are giving me, I’m pretty sure they think I’ve gone all Rebecca DeMornay on them. I’m going to need a minute before I can seriously respond to this article. Touche, my friend. Touche.

4. Deep Dish said on September 25th, 2008 at 3:04 pm

Elvis is gay? I really don’t know what to say about this. I guess it’s not something I’ve ever thought about, considering he’s always been surrounded by lovely ladies like Priscilla, Shelley Fabares, Ann-Margret and Angela Lansbury (well, she played his mother in “Blue Hawaii”, but she’s still lovely). Personally, I think author David Bret is full of hogwash on this particular subject–but, hey, it’s a good way to sell your book because everyone enjoys a sneak peek into a celebrity’s sex life.

5. Brady Sullivan said on September 25th, 2008 at 3:11 pm

Oh come on, Elvis being gay is no surprise for reasons beyond just his penchant for sequence and his perfectly stylized hair. What straight man is that concerned about keeping his blue suede shoes in pristine condition? And we all know what the term “Jailhouse Rock” really refers to. I’ve never been in the big house myself, but from what I hear everyone in the whole cell block is indeed doing it.

As for why Elvis would let himself go in his later years and become a fat, hairy mess, anyone that questions it has obviously never heard of the sect of the gay community called “bears.”

6. Devon Jackson said on September 25th, 2008 at 3:29 pm

Ah, the bromances of yesteryear.

7. aimee said on September 25th, 2008 at 6:30 pm

Girls! Girls! Girls! There’s a Yiddish saying that goes: “When you spread a little diaspora, you get alot of Jew.” Loosely translated for all you Goyim out there, Jews have had their butts kicked from one side of the world to the other for centuries, there’s gotta be a little Jew in all of us….sorry skinheads and anti-semites, but maybe you’re just a self-loathing Jew in mask. Speaking of masks, Jews, unlike Blacks can hide their identity on their faces, but not in their pants. Speaking of Blacks, Sammy Davis was very jealous of Elvis, having to convert like Norma Jean to become one of the chosen and chided Elvis for not coming out publicly and embracing the fold. Speaking of coming out, ELVIS WAS NOT QUEER. Elvis was a sex addict and belonged to a secret society of 12 celebrity Jewish 12 steppers, which back in the day was not cool. Elvis couldn’t keep his uncut penis in his pants for a Tupelo minute. But, after so much tang from every groupie after every concert, and Priscilla’s reluctant pussy cat, Elvis decided to make movies in the Aloha State. Don Ho, (pictured here with Elvis) who at the same serendipitous moment, was having a “crisis of confidence” of sorts. His illusions of grandeur were going up in smoke with the roasted pig at his “Dance along with Don Ho’s Luau.” So…long Ho story short…Don made a deal with the devil…he would set Elvis up with a different island babe every night (this is the real reason Elvis loved to vacay on the Big Island) in exchange for the intellectual copyright of the “Elvis Look.” Thus , Don become the island Elvis, with his small screen version of ” Live from Las Vegas,” only it was Live from Hawaii, it’s Don Ho”–and he didn’t get the name Ho by accident, it was dropped from Howolsky, because Don Ho’s father was Jewish. The ratings, like the volcano and Elvis shot sky high. So Elvis and the Don bonded in many ways during the days of Girls, Girls, Girls! and Blue Hawaii, but never in that special biblical way. Back to the Jewish question. Elvis Aaron Presley’s great great maternal grandmother was a Jew. So, according to Jewish law, Elvis was a yid. Sorry all you fundamentalists, baptists and biggots. Contrary to popular belief, his mom Glayds did not reveal her Hebrew roots, (It was not cool to be a Jew in Tupelo, not then and not now!) but kept them bottled up inside with her booz (like Mother/like son) until her dying moments, when she uttered….”I’m Glayds Pearl, and I’m a Jew.” She then asked for the Rabbi to come and say the Shema. Elvis, shocked and awed tried to fit the Emperor’s new clothes, but had a hard time convincing his publicity team that wearing a kippa was cool in Vegas. They did compromise however in the hair department, when hairdresser Larry Geller (another Yid) styled large sideburns like peyot and donned Elvis with a huge Chai gold necklace, making him look a little like Puffy Combs or Sammy Davis….ah the great circle of life..which is another Jewish motiff, stolen by Disney for The Lion King, but that’s Michael Eisner, who, you guessed it is also a Jew. Anyway, enough Elvis bashing everyone, after all he was the King. Elvis, Melach Israel !

8. Jaden said on March 25th, 2011 at 11:05 pm

I would do Elvis, or let Elvis do me. Elvis is hot.

9. Conrad Mclaws said on May 5th, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Intriguing post. I have been searching for some good resources for solar panels and discovered your blog. Planning to bookmark this one!

10. Jaysus said on June 8th, 2012 at 3:09 pm

I did a search of Elvis being Jewish and came across this complete lie. Elvis was not homosexual. He might have had low self esteem as a young person which may have brought out his feminine side more, but he was not gay in any way shape or form. This sounds like a case of believing what you want to believe as many in the gay community are apt to do. That’s fine, but Elvis was straight.