Princess Di Letters to be auctioned in London

Posted on September 23rd, 2008 by HisHighness in IUC:Politics

Princess Di photo to be auctioned
Ever since Diana tragically died, there’s been a never ending rush of vultures trying to cash in. Click here for the most recent.

1. Brady Sullivan said on September 23rd, 2008 at 5:04 pm

An excerpt released from one of the letters:

“Today as I took the lift up to my spare flat I noticed that the chap next to me had a blooming nice arse and I also used other words and phrases that were British. Well I chatted him up and he got to asking me what I wanted my legacy to be as a royal lady. I had never really thought of it before, so all I could think to say was that I hoped Elton John would recycle one of his songs and dedicate it to me this go around to see if he could top the charts with it again. Also I would fancy a Beanie Baby made in my honor.”

2. José Orduña said on September 23rd, 2008 at 6:21 pm

That’s great! Maybe next they can auction off the old dirty granny panties she wore to bed every night, or her used pumice stone complete with foot callus residue, or maybe they can exhume her remains and prop them up at a table so tourists can be charged to have tea with a princess. Man, I hope the thousands of letters I’ve sent Celine Dion are never made public, there are some words in there that would make baby Jesus cry. Not to mention the diagrams and drawings. Sorry Réné, but if you refer to the post script of letter #969 you will clearly see that I warmly invite you to watch.

3. Alicia Butler said on September 23rd, 2008 at 7:38 pm

Just in case the general public doesn’t have enough celebrity memoribilia littered in their closets, letters the late Princess Diana wrote to several friends have been discovered and are being auctioned off at Reeman Dansie next week. Its always sad to see a reputable auction house fall next to the popularity of E-Bay and be forced to stoop down to their level. What’s next? Pawning off “Jenny’s” number? Will fellow Brits be scrounging around for a reputable bank loan only to have drunken secondary school boys calling at 2:00 am singing, “867-5309?”

4. Deep Dish said on September 23rd, 2008 at 9:37 pm

Good God, can’t we just let the poor thing rest in peace? Move on, folks.

5. Sebastian Fort said on September 24th, 2008 at 1:33 pm

Oh…I thought the boys were auctioning these things off for charity. But apparently her former NANNY is selling some of her letters? Geez…I think she must have been one of the Nannies that quit over at the Banks’ House before Mary Poppins got there!

6. Michael O said on September 24th, 2008 at 6:32 pm

Where’s the beef? (scrolls up, looks at picture again) Oh, that’s not Britney or Lindsay, so that explains that. I’m not sure if it’s tragically brilliant, or just plain tragic, that Princess Di’s corpse is classier than both combined. A lot classier than the letter auctioner too. I mean, how low class is that, selling the letters of the dead? Princess Di and I did it once, and you don’t see me trying to make a buck off of it. I just brag about for free.