Katie gets jitters before Broadway Debut – still finds time to spend with ex beau. Where’s Tom?

Posted on September 17th, 2008 by HisHighness in His Highness Hollywood, IUC:Entertainment

Katie Holmes wants to be more successful than Julia Roberts on Broadway
Lots of rumors floating around about Scientology queen Katie Holmes. Is she in NYC to escape the wrath of Tom “I’m straight” Cruise and his cohorts at the Church of Scientology? Only time will tell. Lets see if good ol Kate can last longer on Broadway than Julia Roberts’ horrendous run a few years back. Wonder if Cruise biographer Andrew Morton will be in the front row when the curtain rises.

• 13 Comments
  • Tags:
  1. Andrea said on September 17th, 2008 at 1:38 pm

It mystify’s me that one man, Tom – who acts well under the psuedonym “Straight”- Cruise, can make any woman turn uglier just by being with him. Is is an outward display of their general unhappiness with him? Nicole Kidman, before “Days of Thunder” actually became her real life, was bright and shining star. Yet while married to Tom, she hid behind his shadow and after then after she left… Hello, Oscar! Penelope Cruz, well… there has to be an exception to every rule. Of course now you have Katie Holmes. As an actress, she was beautiful starting to blossom by the “Creek” and fly high with “Batman”. Yet now, she looks like the tired, worn, and probably hungry shadow of this man. On second thought, Tom isn’t pretty either… or is he?

2. Harniss said on September 17th, 2008 at 2:32 pm

This is great! I remember the last time I saw a Katie Holmes movie I thought, “Wow, wouldn’t this be much better if she were here live, sucking just a few feet away from me?” If I want to see washed up Dawson’s Creek actors in person, I’ll just go down to the local Subway and watch James Van Der Beek make people’s sandwiches.

3. Brady Sullivan said on September 17th, 2008 at 3:06 pm

Joshua Jackson only extended the lunch invitation to Katie and Tom so that he can do research for his new show Fringe. I hear they’re doing an episode on mind control.

4. B David Ferrel said on September 17th, 2008 at 5:43 pm

Sheeesh… Horrendous group of critics in this posting! It’s hysterical when you realize which has the fame and the success and the CASH! I didn’t realize I had stepped into a pessimistic SEWING CIRCLE!

What’s that old adage… “No monument has ever been constructed in recognition of a critic.”

5. Deep Dish said on September 17th, 2008 at 6:33 pm

I think Mr. Jackson is awfully sweet to visit his old flame and bring her flowers, but then I’m a hopeless romantic. But not when it comes to much older religious freaks like Mr. Cruise, who makes my skin crawl. Then again Ms. Holmes could have escaped from his clutches like I read that Scarlett Johansson did a few years back when Tommy Boy was auditioning young, pretty starlets to become his wife. Maybe Ms. Holmes wanted to be Mrs. Tom Cruise and have all the fame and fortune and gossip and rumors that go along with it. I really do hope the girl is happy, but I have my doubts.

6. Sebastian said on September 18th, 2008 at 1:03 pm

You know something. Tom Cruise IS straight! He has to be. He’s an old school nut…I mean believer so of course he follows the unapologetic, unedited views on homosexuality. Here’s what Hubbard has to say about it!

“The sexual pervert (and by this term Dianetics, to be brief, includes any and all forms of deviation in Dynamic II [i.e. sexuality] such as homosexuality, lesbianism, sexual sadism, etc., and all down the catalog of Ellis and Krafft-Ebing) is actually quite ill physically… he is very far from culpable for his condition, but he is also far from normal and extremely dangerous to society…”[1]

See…and Tom is QUITE a traditionalist. He even agreed to buy Katie pan a comb AND A CAT should she want one in their wedding vows!

7. maggie fine said on September 18th, 2008 at 3:10 pm

If Katie took the personality test to work for the Cheescake Factory she would probably pass.

8. Alicia Butler said on September 18th, 2008 at 9:56 pm

Katie Holmes is trying to escape Tom Cruise once again, this time by running to the Big Apple. This all seems to be playing out very similarly to a 1992 movie starring Sally Fields, “Not Without My Daughter.” While the former Dawson’s Creek sweetheart is able to dodge Tiny Tom for a few weeks, she’s finding it more difficult to avoid anti-Scientology protesters who have camped out in front of the Gerald Schoenfeld Theater on Broadway. Whether or not Katie can be freed from the Scientology strong-hold, we have yet to see if her stage debut will free her from an endless string of sour reviews.

9. Stacia Aipopo said on May 26th, 2011 at 11:03 am

Awesome post. I so good to see someone taking the time to share this information

10. Conrad Mclaws said on August 28th, 2011 at 5:15 pm

I REALLY liked your post and blog! It took me a minute bit to find your site…but I bookmarked it. Would you mind if I posted a link back to your post?

11. Matilde Ysaguirre said on September 10th, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Thanks for posting. Good to see that not everyone is using RSS feeds to build their blogs ;)

12. Joaquin Pov said on September 18th, 2011 at 7:47 pm

This post makes a lot of sense !

13. Tanna Mcmaster said on October 7th, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Nice post! You truly have a wonderful way of writing which I find captivating! I will definitely be bookmarking you and returning to your blog. In fact, your post reminded me about a strange thing that happened to me the other day. I’ll tell you about that later…